Headphile Deals - Darth Grados
Jun 16, 2007 at 11:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

DoubleEs

500+ Head-Fier
Pics have been posted at the site, anyone seen them yet? Damn, they are gorgeous!!!

I wonder what price Larry will start them at
600smile.gif

Jun 17, 2007 at 12:08 AM Post #3 of 19
Maybe it's just me, but I think they look absurd. I would be lying if I said I'm not at least a little bit curious as to how they might sound.

For the OP: beware, because the Anti-Ebay mafia might be along soon enough to break your virtual legs for drawing attention to a pair of headphones that they were hoping to have all to themselves. The last thing they would want is any sort of competition. Or (God forbid) the Head-Fi community to be alerted about a cool pair of headphones that are about to go on sale soon.

wink.gif

Jun 17, 2007 at 12:22 AM Post #4 of 19
beware, because the Anti-Ebay mafia might be along soon enough to break your virtual legs for drawing attention to a pair of headphones that they were hoping to have all to themselves.

Yes, I was hoping this post wouldn't come
icon10.gif

Jun 17, 2007 at 12:48 AM Post #5 of 19
I agree that these Darth Grados look like they would be very uncomfortable (and I am a huge Headphile fan). But I don't find ANY Grados comfortable. I had some Headphile HHF-1's with CPads - that's the only way to make them comfortable - by turning them into Beyers
biggrin.gif

Jun 17, 2007 at 1:00 AM Post #6 of 19
Darth grados doesnt have a ring to it like darth beyers

Jun 17, 2007 at 1:10 AM Post #7 of 19
my goodness, if someone were to be seen wearing those in public... i don't even want to know what would happen to them. LOL

still great work by Larry, but they would look quite ridiculous being worn. i wonder how they sound

Jun 23, 2007 at 8:13 AM Post #9 of 19
I do not know how much the Grado was sold for....when I saw the prices online a few hours ago it said the Grados were on hold for AK. But the others were as follows:

Quote:

DEAL 2 Darth Beyer VXD3 Elite... Deep depth V3 (closed) using a new DT770/80 and the very beautiful Sapele (Private Stock) highly figured wood......$1045

DEAL 3 Darth Denon DDX-OC... Full Woody proto using Paduak, open stealth screened with magnetic covers for closing .......$845

DEAL 4 Darth Grado VX3-OC... Morado Bolivian Rosewood and Paduak, used for their lighter weight......$Hold for AK till 9:12pm

As much as I think the workmanship is fantastic and the result amazing, nearly $1100 for the VXD3 and nearly $900 for hte Denon puts me off.

Jun 23, 2007 at 8:28 AM Post #10 of 19
So based on the starting price of the other two cans, it would be fair to assume it would've been in the region of $900!!
basshead.gif
blink.gif

I don't know anything about Grados, do you have any idea what model he used for the mod?

Jun 23, 2007 at 9:12 AM Post #11 of 19
I think some form of hybrid...as per his description:

...Old school wide stance Joe Grado leather band with headphile black rod locks installed. I've tuned the enclosures (using included new flat pads) and am using new 325i drivers along with 1.5 meter BlackCopper recable to 1/4" plug.

Jun 23, 2007 at 11:56 AM Post #13 of 19
I'm having trouble locating the pics of the darth grados, I'm at the headphile site, and have not been able to locate the darth grados. Assuming it's on the deals page, which deal # is it?

Jun 23, 2007 at 12:25 PM Post #15 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by xenithon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As much as I think the workmanship is fantastic and the result amazing, nearly $1100 for the VXD3 and nearly $900 for hte Denon puts me off.

When they went up for sale around 11:00 last night, they were $1395, $995, and $895. I was keeping an eye on the Denons and when the prices popped, I just laughed and closed my browser. Nice to see the prices did drop a little, but not enough. I may be foolish, but I'm not crazy.
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back