HeadAmp Pico Slim Portable Amplifier
Oct 1, 2009 at 2:13 AM Post #558 of 1,103
Quote:

Originally Posted by justin w. /img/forum/go_quote.gif
0.37 x 1.55 x 3.15

Thanks! Looking forward to ordering the Pico Slim after the Rocky Mountain meet! Do you happen to have pictures of the final revision Pico Slim?

Oct 1, 2009 at 3:52 AM Post #560 of 1,103
When I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that he'd release it after RMAF, that was as opposed to being released "before" RMAF. Obviously that could be any time after RMAF. The only thing I recall Justin ever saying was that he was going to bring a working prototype to RMAF, which made me assume the release would be "after" that time. Sorry if I confused anyone.

Oct 1, 2009 at 4:00 AM Post #561 of 1,103
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that he'd release it after RMAF, that was as opposed to being released "before" RMAF. Obviously that could be any time after RMAF. The only thing I recall Justin ever saying was that he was going to bring a working prototype to RMAF, which made me assume the release would be "after" that time. Sorry if I confused anyone.

No need for Apology really. After all, you were only trying to be helpful.
smile.gif

Oct 1, 2009 at 9:32 AM Post #562 of 1,103
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks for the clarification, and no worries.
smile.gif

Now that I have a job, and as long as this amp is released down the road mid-October or later, I can afford one of the first ones!

I assume you don't specify your charge information until the amp is ready to be shipped out? Because I may have to switch up between the debit and debit card, depending on when it's time to charge.
redface.gif

Oct 4, 2009 at 8:31 AM Post #563 of 1,103
PicoSlim-Touch.jpg

Goes without saying that it's a spot-on perfect size match for a new nano...I've already mentally built my next portable rig just looking at this...

Oct 5, 2009 at 9:45 PM Post #564 of 1,103
I have a question, something I hadn't thought of before. How does this amp work with IEMs such as Shure E4c? I'm reading the review for the MBE+ from anythingbutipod and just got reminded that too powerful an amp would be a bad idea with certain highly efficient IEMs. I don't really know how efficient my IEMs are, I know very little about that aspect of headphones (not to mention I got them second hand from a guy who told me nothing about them). I just want to make sure I'm not going to be buying an amp whose volume control I can barely touch before I make my ears bleed
tongue.gif

Oct 5, 2009 at 9:58 PM Post #566 of 1,103
Quote:

Originally Posted by dfkt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Kpalsm's question in short (which interests me immensely as well) - does the Pico Slim hiss with UE11?

Kpalsm - thanks for reading my review.
wink.gif

Was a good review, we have similar taste when it comes to audio equipment so I value your opinion greatly
smile.gif
thanks for writing it.

Oct 6, 2009 at 1:43 PM Post #567 of 1,103
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kpalsm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a question, something I hadn't thought of before. How does this amp work with IEMs such as Shure E4c?

Quote:

Originally Posted by dfkt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Kpalsm's question in short (which interests me immensely as well) - does the Pico Slim hiss with UE11?

I've said it before, but I'll do so again since this is a rather lengthy thread. I tested the prototype Slim with both my Ety ER4P and the Livewires (the originals) and the noise floor performance was exceptional. The Livewires in particular are sensitive to a fault, in fact it's why I returned them, but the Slim far out performed my low-gain mini³ in the noise floor category.

I'll also restate a point about the volume control on this amplifier - as far as I am aware the Slim is unique in how much attenuation it is capable of and how much adjustment it provides. Compared to its competition the Slim offers about 50db more more range in terms of total attenuation and was so adjustable I had trouble believing it. I'm probably one of the quietest listeners that I know of and the main selling point of the Slim for me was that it was the first portable I've ever encountered where I had zero issues dialing in exactly the level I wanted regardless of source or material and all the while it had perfect channel matching.

Oct 6, 2009 at 1:50 PM Post #568 of 1,103
I second the above. I used my FreQShows with the Slim at CanJam. There was not a single other portable amp at CanJam that was as quiet, as adjustable with both channels producing the same volume, from the first moment your hear sound all the way up to what was tolerable in terms of listening volume.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back