HeadAmp Headphone Demos -- Sign up now for HiFiMAN HE-560
Dec 18, 2013 at 11:30 AM Post #1,081 of 1,464
Hi. How's progress going I am this demo round?

Dec 18, 2013 at 12:06 PM Post #1,082 of 1,464
I'm also curious about progress on the HD700. I'll be out of town for a couple days over new year's eve, chances are the HD700 won't be arriving during that short period but I want to get an idea of when to expect them, just in case. Who has them now?

Dec 18, 2013 at 1:32 PM Post #1,084 of 1,464
  has the lcd x demo list been revealed yet?  sorry if I missed it.  crossing my fingers.

No. When it is you will find it on the first post of this thread.

Dec 18, 2013 at 7:12 PM Post #1,086 of 1,464
  I'm also curious about progress on the HD700. I'll be out of town for a couple days over new year's eve, chances are the HD700 won't be arriving during that short period but I want to get an idea of when to expect them, just in case. Who has them now?

I haven't had them for a few weeks so the list needs to be updated. And yes I gave Justin all the tracking info and what not a while ago. He's probably just slammed right now so I'm sure they'll make their rounds soon enough 

Thanks,

evil_smiley.gif

Dec 24, 2013 at 8:21 PM Post #1,088 of 1,464
I sent the HD700 to the next person today.  They are scheduled to arrive on 12/27/13. 

Thanks again to Justin.  I really enjoyed listening to them. 

Dec 26, 2013 at 11:38 PM Post #1,089 of 1,464
Received the HD700. 
Was going to post some impressions but they changed while I was writing them.. so maybe tomorrow. 
Thanks Justin and Whitetriton!

=======================================

Impressions. Comfort is amazing, literally the best I've had aside from the the HD800. 
Bass was so tight and punchy, really enjoyed it more thatn I had imagined. 
The mids were nice and linear. Nothing stood out (werent amazing), I guess we call that neutral. 
The treble was weird for me. I liked the clarity but at times, was too bright for me but at other times felt like sections of the treble were missing but still bright. I dont know. 
Design and comfort was amazing though, really loved the cable and how the pads fit completely around my large ears. I always loved Sennheiser's presentation (HD 6X0, HD 700 and HD 800 series.)

Thanks for the opportunity Justin! 

edit: Looking at the measurements, I guess the treble was a bit bright with linear(ish) mids
=================================

Sorry Roguegeek, Justin and everyone waiting. 
I didn't realized that USPS closed at noon today and both USPS and UPS would be closed tomorrow. (also UPS was closed today). So I will be sending them out on January 2nd.

Jan 2, 2014 at 7:49 PM Post #1,092 of 1,464
Here's to a great New Year auditioning and buying new headphones! 

Justin, any idea when the LCD-XC tour will begin? 

Jan 7, 2014 at 12:23 PM Post #1,094 of 1,464
Received the HD 700 from johnman1116 yesterday. Not ready to release any impressions on it, but I will say that I didn't expect to spend the several hours I did spend with them last night when I got home from work. Really excited to demo this one. I'll probably hold onto them for the rest of the week and ship them out to devhen on Friday. Want to make sure I get good and proper time exploring these.

Jan 7, 2014 at 9:45 PM Post #1,095 of 1,464
  Received the HD 700 from johnman1116 yesterday. Not ready to release any impressions on it, but I will say that I didn't expect to spend the several hours I did spend with them last night when I got home from work. Really excited to demo this one. I'll probably hold onto them for the rest of the week and ship them out to devhen on Friday. Want to make sure I get good and proper time exploring these.

Sounds like you're enjoying them
wink_face.gif
I spent hours listening the first time too...they are just so comfy!

Hard to believe the HD 700's haven't even made it to the bottom of the list yet. I've even acquired my own pair since I demoed them way back when! (thanks again to Justin) They seem to get better the more time I spend with them. Funny how I read more bad than good about them when they first released. I'm seeing a whole lot more praise for the HD 700 now that more people are listening to them. Price drop probably didn't hurt either...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back