Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition
Feb 28, 2011 at 1:45 AM Post #586 of 9,902

Quote:
Is there anyone who has recently made contact with Justin?
I sent him several mails to receive refund as he doesn't seem to be producing the BHSE, but there is no reply yet.
It's been a month after I ordered the BHSE, and I feel very anxious about that there is no news on producing the BHSE nor there is anyone who received it.
Since I heard that the person who ordered last May didn't receive the BHSE yet, I got even more so much worried.

You're going to need to be a lot more patient if you want the BHSE. There are people here who have waited around 2 years.

Feb 28, 2011 at 3:38 AM Post #587 of 9,902

Quote:

You're going to need to be a lot more patient if you want the BHSE. There are people here who have waited around 2 years.

Justin said that it would take 4 months to make the amp when I placed an order for it.

I did place the order because it could be made in 4 months. I have no intention to wait for it 2 years at all.

I do not think BHSE is worth waiting 2 years though I don't know how great it is.

And it is important to make a good item, but to communicate well with customers is far more important. 

Feb 28, 2011 at 8:51 AM Post #588 of 9,902

Quote:

Justin said that it would take 4 months to make the amp when I placed an order for it.

I did place the order because it could be made in 4 months. I have no intention to wait for it 2 years at all.

I do not think BHSE is worth waiting 2 years though I don't know how great it is.

And it is important to make a good item, but to communicate well with customers is far more important. 

I have been in the same mindset when I joined the forum and wasn't familiar with how Justin operates.  Yes, communication is important but at the same time you have to realize he and other small vendors get hundreds of PMs and emails on a daily basis.  If all he did is to communicate, he would not ship anything at all. 

I believe the 2 years waiting time was for the initial batch when there were still dependencies on parts, suppliers, etc.  I'm not a MOT, but even I can appreciate that the first batch must be the hardest and because Justin is a perfectionist, he's quality, not schedule-driven.

I was quoted 6 months for my recent order.  My expectation is to get my amp before the end of the year, but if it slips a few months, I am confident, it will have been worth it.

Feb 28, 2011 at 10:43 AM Post #589 of 9,902
Quote:
Is there anyone who has recently made contact with Justin?
I sent him several mails to receive refund as he doesn't seem to be producing the BHSE, but there is no reply yet.
It's been a month after I ordered the BHSE, and I feel very anxious about that there is no news on producing the BHSE nor there is anyone who received it.
Since I heard that the person who ordered last May didn't receive the BHSE yet, I got even more so much worried.

Your concern for someone who ordered last May doesn't seem sincere since you made me an offer to build your amp first.  Sorry, but I can't do that.  I have a huge number of parts on order.  Please allow things to fall into place so these amps can be built faster.

HeadAmp Stay updated on HeadAmp at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/HeadAmp https://twitter.com/HeadAmp https://www.instagram.com/headamp/ https://www.headamp.com/ sales@headamp.com
Feb 28, 2011 at 4:01 PM Post #590 of 9,902
Yay, Justin.

These people who don't build don't have any idea about parts availability, and how it can affect build times.

If they jump ship because the wait is too long, that's their loss......

Feb 28, 2011 at 5:00 PM Post #592 of 9,902
I know it's a small consolation, but that machine is well worth the wait. I paid list price + 10% for a slightly used one (mostly due to forex losses in between), but I'm sure glad that I took that step. Donwside is, even with the O2 it will make everything else look bad - can't wait for the C32...
tongue.gif

Mar 1, 2011 at 8:09 PM Post #593 of 9,902
Also, Justin has been building the BHSE in batches so it isn't unusual to have periods of seemingly no activity in between runs.

That being said, I'm not sure why Justin is now quoting a 4 month wait time when he hasn't been able to meet quoted 6-month wait times successfully and has two new products on the horizon. I think it is fair to say his estimates as "optimistically speculative."

While Justin definitely seems to have scheduling and communications issues, I would not hesitate to recommend sticking it out as his products have a thoughtfulness and quality that is unparalleled.

Mar 2, 2011 at 11:38 AM Post #594 of 9,902

Quote:
I have been in the same mindset when I joined the forum and wasn't familiar with how Justin operates.  Yes, communication is important but at the same time you have to realize he and other small vendors get hundreds of PMs and emails on a daily basis.  If all he did is to communicate, he would not ship anything at all. 

I believe the 2 years waiting time was for the initial batch when there were still dependencies on parts, suppliers, etc.  I'm not a MOT, but even I can appreciate that the first batch must be the hardest and because Justin is a perfectionist, he's quality, not schedule-driven.

I was quoted 6 months for my recent order.  My expectation is to get my amp before the end of the year, but if it slips a few months, I am confident, it will have been worth it.

Well, I was optimistic as well like you when I placed my order last year, confident that 6 months would be no issue and that the 2 year wait was due to kinks in the initial run having needed to be ironed out.

Well...fully paid and past the 6 months delivery date later, no sign of it just yet..... So you'll have to lower your expectations a whole lot more on the delivery time.

I have no doubt at all it will be delivered. Justin always comes through with the goods. But it can get very un-nerving when the communication is at best, occasional. Who wouldn't, when you've convinced the missus to put the money down for a pricey amp and paid it up all in full...(while watching the USD slide down more and more against my base currency.Doesn't really pay to be an early and responsible buyer.
triportsad.gif
)

But yes, in his defence, he has mentioned in email that he has a whole of parts on order,enough to build a whole load of BHSEs.

Mar 2, 2011 at 11:52 AM Post #595 of 9,902

Quote:
Well, I was optimistic as well like you when I placed my order last year, confident that 6 months would be no issue and that the 2 year wait was due to kinks in the initial run having needed to be ironed out.

Well...fully paid and past the 6 months delivery date later, no sign of it just yet..... So you'll have to lower your expectations a whole lot more on the delivery time.

I have no doubt at all it will be delivered. Justin always comes through with the goods. But it can get very un-nerving when the communication is at best, occasional. Who wouldn't, when you've convinced the missus to put the money down for a pricey amp and paid it up all in full...(while watching the USD slide down more and more against my base currency.Doesn't really pay to be an early and responsible buyer.
triportsad.gif
)

But yes, in his defence, he has mentioned in email that he has a whole of parts on order,enough to build a whole load of BHSEs.

Oh, I know better this time and as much as I would love to have the thing show up tomorrow, it will be just as sweet to have it a year from now.  From Justin's last post it seems that he has enough orders to streamline his supply chain management and order larger parts quantities, etc. to accelerate the buildout schedule.  He would obviously benefit more by selling more units, which won't happen if he can't produce them fast enough for most buyers' expectations without sacrificing quality, which is not an option in this price range.  So, I won't be disappointed if the 6 months becomes a year or more, however, I would be, if the quality I paid for isn't there, which should not be the case.

I'm not a typical customer, since I already have a high-end electrostatic amp to hold me over until it is shipped.

Mar 2, 2011 at 12:02 PM Post #596 of 9,902

Quote:
Oh, I know better this time and as much as I would love to have the thing show up tomorrow, it will be just as sweet to have it a year from now.  From Justin's last post it seems that he has enough orders to streamline his supply chain management and order larger parts quantities, etc. to accelerate the buildout schedule.  He would obviously benefit more by selling more units, which won't happen if he can't produce them fast enough for most buyers' expectations without sacrificing quality, which is not an option in this price range.  So, I won't be disappointed if the 6 months becomes a year or more, however, I would be, if the quality I paid for isn't there, which should not be the case.

I'm not a typical customer, since I already have a high-end electrostatic amp to hold me over until it is shipped.

Yea, which is why I'm not really rushing for things as much as I am in trying to get updates.  I used to get really uptight on the wait due to the lack of an amp with me, dynamic or electrostatic. But that changed with my focus on a speaker rig and vinyl. 

So it's all good.

Mar 2, 2011 at 2:11 PM Post #597 of 9,902

Quote:
Yea, which is why I'm not really rushing for things as much as I am in trying to get updates.  I used to get really uptight on the wait due to the lack of an amp with me, dynamic or electrostatic. But that changed with my focus on a speaker rig and vinyl. 

So it's all good.

Lucky you.  I simply have no room in my townhouse for a proper placement of a speaker rig.  All I got are headphones.

Mar 2, 2011 at 2:36 PM Post #598 of 9,902
2 years ago I had assumed I would be discontinuing any and all home amps and only building portables.  The sudden huge interest in the BHSE came as a surprise, and it takes several months to obtain all of the custom parts for it.  Being prepared in advance for this is really not possible as I am laying out $100k cash to buy these parts (obtain financing for building headphone amps, yeah sure).  To do so in advance on the hope that people may be interested over a relatively short period of time is not really possible.  Initially I had parts for only 10 units, increased this to 20, and am finishing the remaining units in the next 1-2 weeks.  Orders after that will come from the next run of parts which is for 45 units.  At this time I have all the materials in "raw" form -- circuit boards need assembly, enclosures need powdercoating/polishing, so not too bad.  

HeadAmp Stay updated on HeadAmp at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/HeadAmp https://twitter.com/HeadAmp https://www.instagram.com/headamp/ https://www.headamp.com/ sales@headamp.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back