Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
May 19, 2016 at 7:41 PM Post #7,561 of 12,596
All I'm gonna  say @Deders, is that there are a lot of IEMs that are serious about the bass on the list, but only me and HBB claim the 7550/ex800st will give you hearing damage if you crank them too loud. That's the only damn set that makes me quit before they do. So IMO enjoy the heck out of your 90ex and don't upgrade until you're totally immune to the bass impact
biggrin.gif

...and I'm going for custom 2.5s because I'm losing all hope on Kumitate ever taking orders.

May 20, 2016 at 3:05 AM Post #7,562 of 12,596
Sadly, after a couple weeks with the MDR-7550, I have to return it due to fitment issues. The ear guides and overall seal, no matter what kind of tips I used, didn't seem to work with my ears / head.

May 20, 2016 at 3:15 AM Post #7,563 of 12,596
  Sadly, after a couple weeks with the MDR-7550, I have to return it due to fitment issues. The ear guides and overall seal, no matter what kind of tips I used, didn't seem to work with my ears / head.

Same issues with the A3 here. :frowning2:

But I'm hoping that the JVC Spiral Tips will help.

May 20, 2016 at 11:13 AM Post #7,567 of 12,596

I think that is a pic of how they were designed to be worn. The cinch on the cable is supposed to secure behind the head not under the chin.  I have to find the vid but a Sony vid showed that style of wearing

i thought all singers during their concerts they wear their ciems like this?

May 20, 2016 at 11:17 AM Post #7,568 of 12,596

i thought all singers during their concerts they wear their ciems like this?

They do but many regular users just plug into their dap/ipod and stick them in ear and let the wire hang in front of them. The cinch helps secure the IEM/CIEM. For Sony and others that stick out and can have balance issues and thus seal issues the wearing style is more important to the design concept.

May 20, 2016 at 11:19 AM Post #7,569 of 12,596

They do but many regular users just plug into their dap/ipod and stick them in ear and let the wire hang in front of them. The cinch helps secure the IEM/CIEM. For Sony and others that stick out and can have balance issues and thus seal issues the wearing style is more important to the design concept.

i see
o2smile.gif

May 20, 2016 at 10:35 PM Post #7,570 of 12,596
Anyone here ever tried the Cardas A8? I' ve been curious about it for a long time but I didn't want to drop like $300 to find out if it had any bass or not. According to this review it might be somewhat capable. Plus comes with a bomb cable.

http://www.head-fi.org/products/cardas-a8-ear-speaker/reviews/16031

I don't think it's going to rock the bass IEMs boat but it could end up on one of the top 10 lists closer to the bottom of the 10. Who knows.

May 21, 2016 at 12:24 AM Post #7,573 of 12,596
  i have the xb90ex and 7550s....considering a double or triple flange tips for better isolation.
any suggestions please?

Hmm.  I have managed to get a tri flange from Etymotic onto a Sony size driver.
it wasn't easy at all to get on, but it worked eventually. i gave it to a friend in 2009... he still uses it on airplanes.

May 21, 2016 at 12:27 AM Post #7,574 of 12,596

Hmm.  I have managed to get a tri flange from Etymotic onto a Sony size driver.
it wasn't easy at all to get on, but it worked eventually. i gave it to a friend in 2009... he still uses it on airplanes.

thank you, vapman....even if not the double/triple approach, any other tips (spins?) work well with these
for better insertion/isolation? i tried the complys..foam doesn't work so well for me: i prefer silicone or something similar.

May 21, 2016 at 12:29 AM Post #7,575 of 12,596
  thank you, vapman....even if not the double/triple approach, any other tips (spins?) work well with these
for better insertion/isolation? i tried the complys..foam doesn't work so well for me: i prefer silicone or something similar.

Sorry man, i just use stock tips or spiral dots.
I just remembered Aurisonics Sureseals (asg size) also work and are great on isolation. also stay in place better than silicones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back