Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
May 16, 2016 at 10:30 PM Post #7,503 of 12,596

?????
Once upon a time I had these.  The bass has great detail but tends to be thin. The ER4S is NOT bassy, it's quality over quantity.

May 16, 2016 at 11:40 PM Post #7,504 of 12,596
Quantity is quality
tongue.gif
Still, interested to check out the ER4-XR that is coming out, I think the Ety guy said it will have ~4db flat lift in bass.

May 17, 2016 at 3:09 AM Post #7,505 of 12,596
Just bought the Vmoda ZN and Beats Tour 2.0, will receive them tomorrow, Im excited!
Will post a short comparison / review here the next days

May 17, 2016 at 10:57 AM Post #7,506 of 12,596
  Just bought the Vmoda ZN and Beats Tour 2.0, will receive them tomorrow, Im excited!
Will post a short comparison / review here the next days

zn is nice but i sold it 1 week after i bought it lol

May 17, 2016 at 1:07 PM Post #7,508 of 12,596
I received the Elecom CA3580 but I am not getting anything extremely hard hitting from them.
Without an amp they are nothing special with an amp I am still not getting an ear tickling bass, as a reference the Samsung Note 4 and Samsung S4 stock iem are giving me a harder bass pump with an eardrum tickling effect. 
I might be doing something wrong but results so far are not that great.

Tried both Samsung stock IEM's and the Elecom with:
- iPhone as a source (same results when tried with the Note 4 viper4android and with my PC with viper4windows)
- Fiio E12 with Gain at 16dB and BassBoost, vol 50-60% except the Samsung S4 iem that were distorting so had to lower the volume a bit (Same configuration I use for my JVC 77X BassHead Over the Ear Headphone)

I made some sort of paper test videos to demonstrate the difference (Nothing NASA scientific level about this test, so don't start it is just a reference to illustrate)

Samsung S4 IEM

Samsung Note 4 stock IEM

Elecom CA3580

Elecom CA3580 with Samsung eartip

May 17, 2016 at 1:21 PM Post #7,509 of 12,596
 (Same configuration I use for my JVC 77X BassHead Over the Ear Headphone)  
I made some sort of paper test videos to demonstrate the difference (Nothing NASA scientific level about this test, so don't start it is just a reference to illustrate)

Samsung S4 IEM

Samsung Note 4 stock IEM

Elecom CA3580

Elecom CA3580 with Samsung eartip

I don't know who the **** you think you are brah??

But thanks for coming
beerchug.gif

You did something besides run your yapper.

Burn yappers buuuuuurn!!!!!!!!!!!

You even used te same track as over ears......lifetime bass pass!!!

I gotta go to bed... but bravo !!

BRAVO!!!

May 17, 2016 at 1:46 PM Post #7,510 of 12,596
@SomeBob
get clear heatshrink and a heat gun, make your own memory wire :wink:

It's no secret. I bought a PETEREK cable for my gold 2.5 and had him put the clear hooks on that too.

edit: I'm gonna have my hands on the Musicmaker TK13 soon, really excited to see how this chinese DD+2x BA open back IEM does. I have high hopes for it, you know with the 2.5 being a DD+2x BA and all. Supposedly the DD is 15.5mm so it could pack some punch. Hoping for the best & the bassiest.

This is what I mean by open back, if I recall correctly most 2.5 owners here have their vents stuck on mostly open so the open back design is welcome for max sub bass:

FWIW I still think the Sonys etc are a better choice than the 2.5 for most people. The reason I have stuck with 2.5's is that, as a recording musician, there is something about the 2.5 that is preferable to all my other IEMs for specifically recording & monitoring, to the point where I don't even use my over ears for those jobs anymore. I'll play it on the SZ2000 for fun but I traded away my last pair of studio over ears. The 2.5's get the job done very well for me but I don't think I would still have them at this point if I didn't want them for that recording aspect too.

Looking forward to your thoughts on the TK13s. I have the TK12s and love them immensely. I get comparable levels of bass (unamped) compared to my XB90EXs and the mids and treble are much better IMHO. The TK13s are supposed to be a slight step up.

May 17, 2016 at 1:47 PM Post #7,511 of 12,596
Cool test. *oh nevermind actually listened again and could hear the elecom distorting not just low volume lol... my bad*

But whatever... not like I went out and bought them to do done any of this ****, so thanks
beerchug.gif

Some of those Samsung earbuds are actually pretty good, I never pushed the Note 2 ones for bass but they were really decent quality for accessory headphones.

May 17, 2016 at 4:56 PM Post #7,514 of 12,596
  So an update to my predicament... the retailer has agreed to take them back.

So now I continue searching for the elusive 2.5's....

I hope you told them you had a thread full of bassheads ready to bust some knees
biggrin.gif

Anyway, really glad to hear you got them to take them back, best of luck on your search. Maybe grab something cheap to hold you over, unless you found a deal on 2.5's recently?
wink.gif

Looking forward to your thoughts on the TK13s. I have the TK12s and love them immensely. I get comparable levels of bass (unamped) compared to my XB90EXs and the mids and treble are much better IMHO. The TK13s are supposed to be a slight step up.

I'm excited too. I'm not a big enough deal yet to get review sets for free, so hopefully I'll love them enough I don't mind paying what I did, but if not hopefully I don't have too difficult a time selling them. are the TK12 1x dd 2x BA too?

May 17, 2016 at 5:21 PM Post #7,515 of 12,596
I hope you told them you had a thread full of bassheads ready to bust some knees :D

Anyway, really glad to hear you got them to take them back, best of luck on your search. Maybe grab something cheap to hold you over, unless you found a deal on 2.5's recently? :wink:

I'm excited too. I'm not a big enough deal yet to get review sets for free, so hopefully I'll love them enough I don't mind paying what I did, but if not hopefully I don't have too difficult a time selling them. are the TK12 1x dd 2x BA too?

Yes, they are 1DD x 2BA also. Using Spinfits on them right now. Was using Spiral Dots but couldn't get a good seal in my problematic right ear. Spinfits are working well and seem to sound ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back