Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Sep 1, 2015 at 2:04 AM Post #1,681 of 12,597
I love this eq on xb90 with smsl sap-5 amp bass switch off and fiio l9 cable

but i dont like this eq as much from iphone only and with xb90

also i get a different audio if i connect with 3.5 to 3.5 cord than with fiio l9 cause what i think what happens is with 3.5 to 3.5 cable i listen to iphone amp coloured audio and then smsl sap-5 audio together. but with fiio l9 i bypass iphone amp and listen to iphone dac and smsl sap-5 amp only. and smsl sap-5 amp while is slightly less transparent as only from iphone it is very specious and it adds fun colouration to audio.

this shows how many dependencies there are in audio as well as the app you use to eq your music. i use tuneshell on iphone.

ye many dependencies in audio thats why people dont get or might not get the same audio.

ive bought TDK EB800 bass iem

so ye xb90 is my main earphone and smsl sap-5 amp ads spacious sound which sounds surprisingly nice.

Sep 1, 2015 at 2:20 AM Post #1,682 of 12,597
I finally get complete bass on xb90, with bass amp bass switched on on bass amp and this eq, no distortion

Sep 1, 2015 at 3:41 AM Post #1,685 of 12,597
 Cool!
It takes a lot of tweaking to maximize any set. the ASG 2.5 are fairly easy because of the bass port dial but the xb90ex are much more picky before they hammer. Glad you found the sweet spot

ye its fantastic, cheers

Sep 1, 2015 at 8:44 AM Post #1,686 of 12,597
Hawaiibadboy Saw your comments in the Cozoy Aegis thread. I have some 2.5's with the port open 24/7 as well. I know you use your Note4 for playback, and you've rooted it. Now my question. How is the bass impact with the Aegis, verses something like the original FiiO X3, with the bass boost? Can you compensate with V4A?

Sep 1, 2015 at 8:48 AM Post #1,687 of 12,597
@Hawaiibadboy Saw your comments in the Cozoy Aegis thread. I have some 2.5's with the port open 24/7 as well. I know you use your Note4 for playback, and you've rooted it. Now my question. How is the bass impact with the Aegis, verses something like the original FiiO X3, with the bass boost? Can you compensate with V4A?

Just to clarify are you talking about the bass +/- button on the face of the 1st gen x3 or an amp?

Sep 1, 2015 at 9:08 AM Post #1,689 of 12,597
Just the bass button. I've got mine cranked to 10.

Let me get back to you in an hour. I already had the AK10/Note 4/ASG 2.5 with V4A hammering and this COZOY has more juice but let me listen for that bass ...I'll be back
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 1, 2015 at 10:02 AM Post #1,691 of 12,597

The 2nd and 3rd list are going to get some sort of order but unless there is a unified track with identical settings on identical hardware like we did in over ears it will be difficult to get beyond absolute subjectivity...that said...I do not disagree with you. my issue with the Velvet is the build quality and they are not harder hitters than the 2.5's..IMO. Your opinion has value so it will be reflected in a future list unless someone can show otherwise ( that would be hard to show though)

I used SE846 with DX90 and HM603s same as Velvet. (Same source same tracks...etc.) My versus is Velvet and SE846, not 2.5's. (I haven't listen 2.5 but totally sure amazing sub bass) Velvet Crystal version's build is solid, not like Black shell.

Anyway, my point is Velvet has huge bass amount than SE846.İmpact,depth,amount... If you chance to listen again please try again.

Sep 1, 2015 at 10:49 AM Post #1,692 of 12,597

I used SE846 with DX90 and HM603s same as Velvet. (Same source same tracks...etc.) My versus is Velvet and SE846, not 2.5's. (I haven't listen 2.5 but totally sure amazing sub bass) Velvet Crystal version's build is solid, not like Black shell.

Anyway, my point is Velvet has huge bass amount than SE846.İmpact,depth,amount... If you chance to listen again please try again.

If you just did an "A" and "B" and are convinced then the list has been updated....I already did it
wink.gif

I'm not the boss I just keep stuff in order. If somebody calls ******** on your claim just provide the track and settings. If nobody does that then the adjusted list stays how you put it.

Thanks for the work
beerchug.gif

Just the bass button. I've got mine cranked to 10.

This is the x3v1's slope I think?

The X3 is putting out more pure power.

the Note and the DSP's are more flexible.

I just started with the COZOY but it plays fantastic through Hiby.  I have not figured out V4A and Aegis yet but through Hiby with a simple gain and 10 band EQ it thumps really hard. I'll be more specific later but so far Hiby as the player on a Note 4 with the COZOY Aegis is basshead if you want it

Sep 1, 2015 at 12:11 PM Post #1,694 of 12,597
  @Hawaiibadboy Thanks mate. I am sure some other SE846 and Velvet users will confirm this. 

Very useful list by the way. Thanks for your labor.
beerchug.gif

I am planning to buy EB90EX or Pioneer CX8 and which one is the best for bass? I'm almost sure you will advise the EB90EX but I wanted to ask.

CX8 is much easier. low level listening with high bass sensation. xb90ex need lots of tweaking. They are part of the XB series but they need a push. The xb90 will absolutely hit harder but it might take some effort depending on your source to find the right eq slope and they need a bit of power.

Sep 1, 2015 at 2:04 PM Post #1,695 of 12,597

CX8 is much easier. low level listening with high bass sensation. xb90ex need lots of tweaking. They are part of the XB series but they need a push. The xb90 will absolutely hit harder but it might take some effort depending on your source to find the right eq slope and they need a bit of power.

I have some amp, so xb90ex much better choice I think. Thank you for your answer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back