Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Aug 30, 2015 at 6:25 PM Post #1,666 of 12,597
any opinion on these denon ah c300 earphones?
http://m.ebay.ie/itm/281096023405?_mwBanner=1

Aug 30, 2015 at 7:38 PM Post #1,667 of 12,597
I would be going back to the audio hobby, and I'm planning to get back by getting a iBasso DX90 and an IEM around $250 to 300$ that is great for bassy music(EDM, Techno, House, RnB, Hiphop), I also listen to Rock, Alternative and Pop music. I was looking into Dunu DN-1000, Fidue A83, Sennheiser IE80(If I can find a second hand unit here in my country, Philippines). What is the best in the three that will also pair well with the DX90 or can you recommend a good DAP + IEM setup for $500 to $600 budget, or you can also recommend an IEM around my budget that will pair well with the DX90 with my music choice. Thanks!

Aug 30, 2015 at 8:47 PM Post #1,668 of 12,597
  I would be going back to the audio hobby, and I'm planning to get back by getting a iBasso DX90 and an IEM around $250 to 300$ that is great for bassy music(EDM, Techno, House, RnB, Hiphop), I also listen to Rock, Alternative and Pop music. I was looking into Dunu DN-1000, Fidue A83, Sennheiser IE80(If I can find a second hand unit here in my country, Philippines). What is the best in the three that will also pair well with the DX90 or can you recommend a good DAP + IEM setup for $500 to $600 budget, or you can also recommend an IEM around my budget that will pair well with the DX90 with my music choice. Thanks!

The JVC HA-FX850 pairs really well with the DX90 you should consider this one as well.

Aug 30, 2015 at 10:39 PM Post #1,669 of 12,597

1. The Dunu are overrated and are not great with bass. Not a set for a mostly bass-centric library

2. Have you tried the senn? Fidue are not known as bass beasts either

3. For your library a set of Sony H3/A3 or even A2. If the 3 way hybrid is the path you take Sony has walked that path and left some very good offerings

Contact Aurisonics, tell em bass club and Bass thread sent ya and ask if they have any re furbished 2.5's?? You could hit the lottery and you'd be happy as **** with those!

Aug 31, 2015 at 9:05 AM Post #1,671 of 12,597

1. The Dunu are overrated and are not great with bass. Not a set for a mostly bass-centric library

2. Have you tried the senn? Fidue are not known as bass beasts either

3. For your library a set of Sony H3/A3 or even A2. If the 3 way hybrid is the path you take Sony has walked that path and left some very good offerings

Contact Aurisonics, tell em bass club and Bass thread sent ya and ask if they have any re furbished 2.5's?? You could hit the lottery and you'd be happy as **** with those!

But I live in the Philippines bro, will be hard to buy from Aurisonics.

So you suggest even the XBA-A2 is better than what my list of possible IEMs? The A2 is within my budget range

Aug 31, 2015 at 9:14 AM Post #1,672 of 12,597
But I live in the Philippines bro, will be hard to buy from Aurisonics.

So you suggest even the XBA-A2 is better than what my list of possible IEMs? The A2 is within my budget range

if you want bass a2 is your choice, fidue have good sound quality but dont do much bass, and a2 sound just as good as fidue does. had both.
i would be glad to pick a pair of aurisonics but whatever, we'll see

Aug 31, 2015 at 9:32 AM Post #1,675 of 12,597

They played really fine off my X5 and now off my Note 4 with an AK10. One of the more underrated IEM on this site. Very popular in Japan but less so on here
confused.gif

No idea why?

Picked these over a lot of others...many others and caught it on live.

**spoiler alert**

I picked the A2
wink.gif

Aug 31, 2015 at 10:16 AM Post #1,677 of 12,597
If you can get the IE80 second hand don't hesitate

Aug 31, 2015 at 11:10 AM Post #1,678 of 12,597
The IE80 is solid musically. Build quality is great as well. The only issue I have with them is that the bass dial basically pushes mid-bass more than sub-bass, and I prefer sub-bass. They can't hit super hard even with EQ (harder than most, but not more than most basshead earphones). I bought them for $250 on sale from an official retailer and ended up returning them anyway. I thought they were quite good, they just weren't what I was looking for.

Aug 31, 2015 at 12:41 PM Post #1,679 of 12,597

a2 is a beautifyl earphone unless if you want lots of bass. then you would look at bass earphones. my xb90 is my favorite iem not cause of clarity but cause of bass, its has very good bass with a bass amp. i think i will be selling fidue a73 and i better put these money towards cayin c5 amp, would make a good comparison between smsl sap-5 amp and this one. a2 is very good earphone. i think better than fidue a73 in many aspects.
I did the maths and i prefer sony xba-a2 32 percent more than fidue
instrument separation is quite fantastic on a2, its very good

but for me i prefer bass so thats what i will concentrate on.

Aug 31, 2015 at 1:26 PM Post #1,680 of 12,597
I think i shouldnt review non bass earphones, cause im looking for bass in earphones. so, but for bass earphones i think i can probably make a better review.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back