Head-Direct HiFiMan
Sep 14, 2009 at 11:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 30

immtbiker

The first to organize an (Inter)National Head-Fi Meet (2006)
A lot of us have been waiting for this unit for a long time. It is the first unt that offers a customer removable amp, so that the customer can cater the DAP to his/her own preference, while encompassing a high quality DAC and transport, all in one while handling Lossless files.
I've known Fang for 4 years now, and I knew that I met a man in my life who holds the highest possible ethics, incredible vision, and someone who wants all of his customers to have the best possible product for the best attainable price. He has always practiced what he preached, and if the world had more men like Fang, this world would be a better place to live.

When Fang approached me with his visionary idea at the March NYC Spring meet, I had no idea what the hell he was talking about, but I knew that, based on all of his other brainstorms, this was going to be a winner and I gave him my hard earned money, sight unseen, for something that I felt would be an earth shattering, monumental, hobby changing idea, that would bring something new to our wonderful hobby that brings me so much joy, each and every day.

Fang had insight and vision that would eventually take all of the things that we need and love, and put it in on modest-size box that would not get confiscated at airports.

His idea seeked the ability to take a high quality amp, along with a transport that extracted 0's and 1's to the best of their ability to extract digital music, convert it into an analog waveform, amplify it and out put it into the can of our choice. He offered other amp makers to get in on the ground floor of this project, but it seems, that our most trusted amp builders at the the site we know as the web-site know as Head-fi, threw caution to the wind, and no one has stepped up to the plate yet. For now Fang is using his tried and tested Mini-Box E amp as the starting point.
I have a feeling that when these start selling like hotcakes, our most beloved amp builders, will be fighting to get in line to be proud enough to have their amp associated with the HiFiMan.

Without getting too sappy, I can say without any hesitation, that the HiFiMan, has a sound output, when used uncompressed files, sounds leagues above my imod/any amp combo, and my iRiver H-120/D-10 combo, and my iRiver H140,Headroom microDAC combos. When we get people like Chesky and Kimber to put together 32 Gbit cards with their music on it this HiFiMan will be the end all what we know know as hi-end audio.

More to follow.

Sep 15, 2009 at 7:48 AM Post #2 of 30
sweet~~

while i m still dealing with after effect of 250,000 mg of happy pill~ cant wait to hear all 3 units owner's word on the unit !
L3000.gif

Test

Sep 15, 2009 at 9:34 AM Post #3 of 30
Am I lost or he wants to build dig.player+converter+amp in ONE mashine? He should call COWON, imo, otherwise it may cost a fortune.

Sep 15, 2009 at 10:58 AM Post #4 of 30
I'm starting to imaging one of these + JH-13 Pro as an "ultimate" high-end portable rig. This is definitely on my list for the future if I start travelling much.

Sep 15, 2009 at 2:43 PM Post #5 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by testrichard /img/forum/go_quote.gif
sweet~~

while i m still dealing with after effect of 250,000 mg of happy pill~ cant wait to hear all 3 units owner's word on the unit !
L3000.gif

Test

I look forward to the words from Jude and Edwood as well.

Sep 15, 2009 at 2:43 PM Post #6 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackmore /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Am I lost or he wants to build dig.player+converter+amp in ONE mashine? He should call COWON, imo, otherwise it may cost a fortune.

He doesn't want to, he did it! They will be shipping quite soon and cost around 700 if I'm not mistaken, which is less than an imod+dock+amp, and will probably sound much better!

Sep 19, 2009 at 10:14 PM Post #9 of 30
Quote:

... and I knew that I met a man in my life who holds the highest possible ethics, incredible vision, and someone who wants all of his customers to have the best possible product for the best attainable price. He has always practiced what he preached, and if the world had more men like Fang, this world would be a better place to live. ...

Very nicely stated Aaron, Fang is a heck of a nice guy. Cheers and enjoy your new toy.

Sep 20, 2009 at 12:26 AM Post #11 of 30
Enjoy,
THE chase is half the funning of getting to your final destination. It's not the catch, it's the thrill of the chase

Sep 20, 2009 at 12:29 AM Post #12 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Very nicely stated Aaron, Fang is a heck of a nice guy. Cheers and enjoy your new toy.

Oh, I am!. I can send it to Miami along with your EF-2, and you to can taste taste the fruit if the nectar, yourself.

Listening to some Nils Recurring, with the JH-13 as we speak, and my Saturday night is a lot better than my week at work has been. I am really having a good time, and after all,isn't
isn't that what it's all about?
Yes, it is, it definitely is, my friends. Yes, it definitely is!

Sep 20, 2009 at 12:42 AM Post #13 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh, I am!. I can send it to Miami, it's cheaper than a plane ticket, not that I would mind your company, and you to can taste taste the fruit if the nectar, yourself.

The chance to swap a ride in the vette for a ride on my ZX-14 would be nice, too.

Sep 20, 2009 at 12:44 AM Post #14 of 30
I don't really listen to music on the go but it would be nice to buy the HifiMan to replace my headamp usb dac and use it as a full time source. The hiss on the amp3 kind of bugs me and I hope I won't hear any background hiss/noises with the HifiMan when used with IEM's.

Sep 20, 2009 at 9:46 AM Post #15 of 30
no hiss with JH13pro according to Sasaki. Isn't that a good news?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back