HE-6 Loaner Program
Oct 27, 2010 at 9:48 AM Post #841 of 903
This is becoming really interesting. I love the new look, and the cable looks sexy. Impressive design, impressive sound. What more could you ask for.

Oct 27, 2010 at 2:33 PM Post #843 of 903
patience Maxvla
wink.gif

Oct 27, 2010 at 2:48 PM Post #844 of 903
Need I remind you there have been approximately 16 actual loaned weeks thus far. I was #11 on the west coast list.

Also after 5 months of having a prototype and now having a production model for nearly a month we should have some sort of idea concerning retail price and official release date and/or a pre-order list, which according tothe thread in the main headphone forum there is a private pre-order list already underway.

I'm just a little irritated at the whole thing.

Oct 27, 2010 at 3:10 PM Post #845 of 903
They want to make the best headphone with suggestions of those who tried it. You shouldn't blame them for that. I personally wouldn't want to rush anyone, better to wait a bit longer and have a superior product. Maybe they haven't decided on the price should be or the price of the preorder or the price for those who already own any existing headphones from them. While the preorder might already exist and I'm with you on this one that it shouldn't be "private", the price might still be unknown to the people that are on that list.

Oct 27, 2010 at 3:16 PM Post #846 of 903
Maxvia,
Unless things have changed, these beautiful puppies are going to MSRP for $1495, have a 2 month pre-offering sale of $995, 
and cost $895 for any loyal Head-Direct customers who have previously purchased the HE-5 or HE-5LE's.
So whatever category it is that you fit in, the most that you will spend is a grand, and if you are anything like me (lover of fine sounding headphones and music), you will have the have the opportunity to add these to your stable for $899.
They are currently being produced, and as soon as enough are made (whatever enough is, according to Nankai), the ordering process will start very soon.
You will have these lovelies in your hands and on your head before you can say "supercalifragilisticexpealidocious."

It's all cool. Life is too short to sweat the details. As with all products that we covet and then buy, all is forgotten, a week after we have them on our heads, playing our favorite music, ridiculously late into the wee hours of the morning.

Life is good.

Oct 27, 2010 at 3:31 PM Post #847 of 903
I'm not blaming them for anything but the delays. Unless there are issues I'm not aware of, they have a finished product, even the cable and impedance box. They know how much the finished package costs and all that is left to do is ramp up production and possibly finish the packaging. At this point of a product's life a price and release date isn't rushing anything.

Oct 27, 2010 at 3:35 PM Post #848 of 903
Thanks for the info Aaron. I also find it curious why you are having to do their job getting the information out.

Any ideas about this pre-order list we've heard about?

Btw, it's an L in my name not an I.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 27, 2010 at 4:51 PM Post #849 of 903
"supercalifragilisticexpealidocious" "supercalifragilisticexpealidocious" "supercalifragilisticexpealidocious"; didn't work 
angry_face.gif

I can appreciate both points of view. It is indeed irritating that HiFiMAN can't make their own price/release date announcements (what are they afraid of?), and that the loaner program seems so inequitable; I'm glad it's not just me. But I do appreciate the need to get things right as opposed to the LCD-2 approach, which is to make adjustments to their flagship product on the fly after it has been released. If anything they are getting very good at building anticipation...

Life is indeed short; we could all be dead before these puppies are released into the wild so that concept goes both ways 
wink_face.gif

Oct 27, 2010 at 5:19 PM Post #850 of 903

Quote:
Life is indeed short; we could all be dead before these puppies are released into the wild so that concept goes both ways
wink_face.gif

Which is why we need perfect headphones now because we all know that once the perfect transducer lines up with it's chosen human form we become one and death is not possible. 

Oct 27, 2010 at 8:40 PM Post #852 of 903
Aaron, the production HE6 is excellent for female vocals! I am listening to Roberta Gambarini and Melissa Morgan ... lovely, just lovely. I am using a Red Wine Audio Isabella LFP-V Edition feeding a Signature 30.2 LFP-V Edition. Files are Apple Lossless. Cheers

Oct 27, 2010 at 8:57 PM Post #853 of 903

Quote:
Aaron, the production HE6 is excellent for female vocals! I am listening to Roberta Gambarini and Melissa Morgan ... lovely, just lovely. I am using a Red Wine Audio Isabella LFP-V Edition feeding a Signature 30.2 LFP-V Edition. Files are Apple Lossless. Cheers

from that picture they look damaged on the cup.

Oct 27, 2010 at 9:40 PM Post #854 of 903
Where? All I see is glossy reflections.

Also is the production using brown leather on top and black on the bottom of the headband? Might have to figure out if I can get one all black since the cups no longer have brown leather. The brown on top looks out of place.

Oct 27, 2010 at 10:13 PM Post #855 of 903
IMHO the original HE-5 is the best looking of them all, but then again I'm a sucker for wood 
bigsmile_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back