HE-6 Loaner Program
Sep 13, 2010 at 11:32 PM Post #542 of 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero  

" Especially from a Packers fan...LOL!"

Lmao!!! I'll never be able to live this down.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 14, 2010 at 12:52 AM Post #543 of 903
Ha! I noticed that and was like.. um.. isn't he a Philly fan??? Gotta love avatar bets.

Sep 14, 2010 at 9:45 AM Post #544 of 903
Thanks guys! I Guess I’ll be all over the LCD-2 vs HE-6 threads the next couple of weeks!!

Sep 14, 2010 at 10:44 AM Post #545 of 903

...if Fang makes the HE-6 at least as efficient as the HE-5LE without altering the sound signature, then in my opinion, the HE-6 is worth the premium over the HE-5LE. The differences are noticeable and apparent the HE-6 is a better headphone. Yes they share the same DNA, but the HE-6 is the smarter, stronger, better older brother. All the strengths the HE-5LE has (the refined highs, sweet mids, nice detail retrieval, extended lows with good impact) the HE-6 does with even more aplomb.

Oh man... my HE-5 vulgaris feel so obsolete...
frown.gif

Sep 14, 2010 at 12:47 PM Post #547 of 903
Anyone else get a strange pm from Neptius regarding amping the HE-6?

Sep 14, 2010 at 1:41 PM Post #548 of 903
Let me guess - he was pushing the Casea Lyra Mk II?  Neptius needs to somehow learn to contain his enthusiasm about that product, big time. 

I have a review unit of the Lyra.  I will be posting a full review once I complete my full review cycle.  So far I'd say it's a nice product, but nothing that I think is extraordinary.  That's all I want to say about it for now, until I have spent more time with it, but I figured I would at least say that much, for everyone's benefit.

Sep 14, 2010 at 2:04 PM Post #551 of 903

Quote:
Yeah, I got a message from him too...very wierd and didn't make much sense...

He's probably from the Czech Republic with limited English language skills.  Actually quoted Skylab's endorsement of the amp/dac:

Quote:
Skylab after one hour listening (unburned) wrote me:

„From my listening so far, it seems to offer very good sound. So far it seems to be voiced just a little bit on the bright or "crisp" side, but perhaps that will change with a little more break in. But the transparency is very good, and the detail is also very good.“

I don't think the mods can prevent this type of unsolicited spam.  Best to use the Ignore function.

Sep 14, 2010 at 2:13 PM Post #552 of 903
The fact that he is sending you guys unsolocited PM's, quoting me without permission, is totally over the top, and completely unacceptable. A couple people alerted me to this early this morning, and I immediately asked him to stop.

And for the record, Warp, what I said there was a comment, NOT an "endorsement".  I have not formed a complete opinion of the Lyra yet.

What I guess Neptius fails to realize is that his own behavior relating to Casea is far more damaging to them than it is helpful. If I hadn't committed to the actual maker of the amp that I would review it, I would probably just forget the whole thing - I like to avoid unecessary drama.

Sep 14, 2010 at 2:59 PM Post #553 of 903

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero  

" Especially from a Packers fan...LOL!"

Lmao!!! I'll never be able to live this down.
" class="bbcode_smiley" height="" src="http://files.head-fi.org/images/smilies//smily_headphones1.gif" title="
smily_headphones1.gif
" width="" />

popcorn.gif
lat week before the game you were a die hard eagles fa, I wish they had a Lion logo that will your new theme next week after they lose the the Lions

Sep 14, 2010 at 3:52 PM Post #554 of 903

Quote:
Anyone else get a strange pm from Neptius regarding amping the HE-6?

In my case he was pushing recommending the Beyer T5p, but the PM seems to have morphed into the amp discussion now.  Sometimes I don't understand what he is saying, like about universal setup below.

Quote by Neptius:
Skylab after one hour listening (unburned) wrote me:

From my listening so far, it seems to offer very good sound.  So far it seems to be voiced just a little bit on the bright or "crisp" side, but perhaps that will change with a little more break in.  But the transparency is very good, and the detail is also very good.

He has universal setup, optimal for HD 800, HD 600, RA-1 etc. For Beyers, Denons, HD 650, K 701 naturally you need different setup.

Simply said, I didn’t miss when I presented that this is very very good amp. 

Sep 14, 2010 at 4:04 PM Post #555 of 903

Quote:
The fact that he is sending you guys unsolocited PM's, quoting me without permission, is totally over the top, and completely unacceptable. A couple people alerted me to this early this morning, and I immediately asked him to stop.

And for the record, Warp, what I said there was a comment, NOT an "endorsement".  I have not formed a complete opinion of the Lyra yet.

What I guess Neptius fails to realize is that his own behavior relating to Casea is far more damaging to them than it is helpful. If I hadn't committed to the actual maker of the amp that I would review it, I would probably just forget the whole thing - I like to avoid unecessary drama.

No worries, didn't take it seriously.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back