HE-500, LCD2, D5000, DT770, SR80, on a speaker amp (Emotiva mini-X A-100) Project
Oct 5, 2013 at 2:00 PM Post #1,862 of 3,819
I thought i was happy with my HE500 and Compass 2 but after reading this thread i have been struck with upgradeitis and have purchased the Forza Audio Works cable as shown in the attached picture.  To put my mind at rest would i be correct in assuming that i can attach this via banana plugs to pretty much any speaker amplifier without having to worry about letting the magic smoke out of any of my components?

Oct 5, 2013 at 2:53 PM Post #1,863 of 3,819
  I thought i was happy with my HE500 and Compass 2 but after reading this thread i have been struck with upgradeitis and have purchased the Forza Audio Works cable as shown in the attached picture.  To put my mind at rest would i be correct in assuming that i can attach this via banana plugs to pretty much any speaker amplifier without having to worry about letting the magic smoke out of any of my components?

I believe it can be any solid-state speaker amp.

Oct 5, 2013 at 3:01 PM Post #1,864 of 3,819

[COLOR=FF4400]
[/COLOR]
You need to check to see if the amp shares a common ground between the two negatives.

Oct 5, 2013 at 3:33 PM Post #1,866 of 3,819
This is the part i don't get, why would a common ground be relevant if im wiring them as i would a pair of speakers? i.e. not using a TRS which has a common ground.
Oh sorry. I thought that was a trs to banana plugs. No you're fine. All you have to worry about is power at this point.

Oct 5, 2013 at 4:30 PM Post #1,868 of 3,819
OK, apologies for the spam.  I just hooked my HE500 up to a Mission Cyrus 1 amplifier via the speaker taps and uhm, WOW.  

I will listen to the combo for a couple of days and give some detailed feedback but initial impressions are very favourable.

Oct 5, 2013 at 4:46 PM Post #1,869 of 3,819
OK, apologies for the spam.  I just hooked my HE500 up to a Mission Cyrus 1 amplifier via the speaker taps and uhm, WOW.  

I will listen to the combo for a couple of days and give some detailed feedback but initial impressions are very favourable.
Glad to hear it worked out! Yeah, my impressions when I plugged mine into my denon receiver via speaker taps was similar to your reaction. WOW.

Oct 5, 2013 at 9:30 PM Post #1,871 of 3,819
DanPluck you are good to go man. You can plug that in anything without fear. Just be careful with that volume knob though, if you plug into monster speaker amps.

Oct 6, 2013 at 10:34 AM Post #1,872 of 3,819
No not all OTL tube amps

Oct 7, 2013 at 1:10 AM Post #1,873 of 3,819

Hi Dan,

Do you have a link to that cable? How much did it cost? 

Thanks.

Oct 7, 2013 at 3:30 AM Post #1,875 of 3,819
All I know is my cousin just spliced a 1/4" to 1/8" headphone jack wire and used that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back