Peace,

And it is cursed!
evil_smiley.gif

Aug 12, 2010 at 2:32 AM Post #362 of 1,024

Quote:
And it is cursed!
evil_smiley.gif

Indeed.
That any piece of equipment you buy will be automatically succeeded by a new improved version, that would of fulfilled all your requirements. Only to leave you staring forlornly at the threads of people ecstatic with the model you wished you had.  You now can't even break even selling it off, because everyone wants the new one.

Aug 12, 2010 at 3:30 AM Post #363 of 1,024
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrQ  

" Indeed. That any piece of equipment you buy will be automatically succeeded by a new improved version, that would of fulfilled all your requirements. Only to leave you staring forlornly at the threads of people ecstatic with the model you wished you had.  You now can't even break even selling it off, because everyone wants the new one."

I have nothing more clever to say than that. It's so true. LoL

Aug 12, 2010 at 4:24 AM Post #364 of 1,024
I thought it was already commonly accepted that this place is not and has never been a place to search for audiophile equipment but merely a gadget-crack-house for the male shopaholic. What may have started as a grass-root meeting place have become a commercial Pusher-street providing ways to give us those moments of highs and happiness when we order, receive and unbox new gear - and then afterwards maybe extend the rush by sharing pictures and impressions.

Being in a global-village group setting like this forum only expands the highs giving opportunities to share those experiences. Which gear would you have acquired if this forum did not exist?

Aug 12, 2010 at 4:48 AM Post #365 of 1,024

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank I  
" LMAO Ross is right total insanity and it never gets better, Hope to be done soon. Once i get my tube amp tuned to my perfection I should be able to stop spending money.$

Frank you're so full of (insert Schiit Asgard joke here)! LMAO You know you can't stop. Resistance is futile. You're so sick you bought the M50 after I sold mine! The M50 you don't even need. After selling ME the 840! You should be able to stop after you're dead. Even then I'll make sure you're buried with the D7000. (I'm hoping the T1 would find it's way to me some how)

Don't kid yourselves folks. This place is worse than crack. LoL

Peace,

LOL I only rented the M50 You are right I do not need it and it will nake its way back to the dealer now that the D7000 is playing nice with my tube amp. Need to stop the insanity and start listening to the music again

Aug 12, 2010 at 5:26 AM Post #366 of 1,024

Quote:
I thought it was already commonly accepted that this place is not and has never been a place to search for audiophile equipment but merely a gadget-crack-house for the male shopaholic. What may have started as a grass-root meeting place have become a commercial Pusher-street providing ways to give us those moments of highs and happiness when we order, receive and unbox new gear - and then afterwards maybe extend the rush by sharing pictures and impressions.

I like this description very much. :)

Aug 12, 2010 at 11:58 AM Post #367 of 1,024
Listening to both of them right now, and the sound staging of the HD 800 seems rather noticeably better (or maybe just to my ears) than my T1s. Listening to some electronic/trance music here and while the latter sounds great, former makes me feel I am at Privilege @ Ibiza

Aug 12, 2010 at 12:06 PM Post #368 of 1,024

Quote:
Listening to both of them right now, and the sound staging of the HD 800 seems rather noticeably better (or maybe just to my ears) than my T1s. Listening to some electronic/trance music here and while the latter sounds great, former makes me feel I am at Privilege @ Ibiza

I don't think it's just your ears...I agree that the sound staging is better on the HD800s as well.

Aug 12, 2010 at 12:07 PM Post #369 of 1,024

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by InnerSpace  
" I'm de-lurking after many years and posting for the first time because I think this thread gets very close to the essence of what we're all looking for.  I started using headphones 42 years ago for - I guess - the usual two reasons ... I couldn't afford speakers, and I wanted my own private, intimate audio experience.  Over the years the first reason, happily, disappeared, but the second reason endures.
I have owned many dozens of systems, and I would say the T1 is a great, great headphone.  It sounds to me like one of the best ever.  But right there is my point.  It sounds like the end product of years of inspired evolution, whereas to me - and YMMV - the HD800 sounds like a whole other category ... like we're a hundred years in the future, and someone is wirelessly beaming broadband alpha waves directly into my brain.
Part of that is to do with the light, airy, large physical enclosures, and part is the sound itself - IMO amazing clarity, nuance and subtlety.  I never think, "Wow, this is a great headphone."  I just think, "Wow."  In terms of a private, intimate, sensual audio environment - which is what I have always enjoyed, and which I think is the huge attraction of headphone listening - it just can't be beat.
I use the HD800s balanced, with a 15' Cardas cable, out of a 2004-vintage Headroom Blockhead dual-monoblock balanced amp, with a G08.2 CDP.  That's after a lot of experimentation, and it's the best I heard - and, frankly, the best I can imagine.
42 years ago I went looking for that personal, private ecstasy, and I feel like finally I have gotten there."

That's a great rig. I would de-lurk, deactivate your account and never return. :) I've been trying to do that for a year. Even though I have the HD800 coupled with the Gilmore Lite that I absolutely love, I still end up buying more headphones and gear. I'm buying headphones I've bought before! For the third time! I bought the K-701 twice, the SR-80 twice (converted to the Magum Lite) and now the SR-225(i) twice. This is a sickness. Run far away from here and enjoy what just might be close to nirvana that is your setup. LoL

:)

Peace,

Hi, I seem to recall you posting that you were going to provide your impressions of the HD800 compared to the T1. Did you do so and I just happened to miss it or are they forthcoming? I was looking forward to reading your assessment.

Aug 12, 2010 at 12:46 PM Post #370 of 1,024
When I have absolute no music playing, the T1s are dead silent no matter how high I crank up the volume, while the HD800s have this very faint 'airy' noise which increases when cranking up the volume. The Hd800s are indeed quite revealing it seems. Was hearing some anjunabeats (Delusion by Super8/Tab, White by Smith/Pledger, Ten seconds before sunrise by Tiesto etc) and the HD800 seemed more, dunno how to describe it, ?brighter? or maybe like more detailed. Prolly why people call them less musical and more clnical to the T1s, but then again those genres of music are all clinical and doctored using technology than using mouth :D I somehow prefer the HD800s (not mine) a bit now. Sigh. don't want to buy another set now.

1 thing though, I still need to get a balanced amp for my T1s. Right now using an adapter and a SE amp.

Comfort wise I prefer the HD800s, less pressure on my head.

Aug 12, 2010 at 1:35 PM Post #371 of 1,024
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJudge  

"  
Hi, I seem to recall you posting that you were going to provide your impressions of the HD800 compared to the T1. Did you do so and I just happened to miss it or are they forthcoming? I was looking forward to reading your assessment."

Oh yes. I'm sorry. I was going to have a mini meet the Thursday before the NJ meet. The Head-Fi'er with the T1 didn't make it and I couldn't do a proper A/B. Although we both did go to the NJ meet, the place wasn't conducive for a proper detailed comparison. I did listen to his T1 there just not enough to get a real feel for them. I will, however, be heading to his place when his turn with the HE-6 comes. I'll bring my HD800 and GLite and compare the two.

I'm quite interested myself. I did hear his T1 before I had the HD800. I quite enjoyed them. Thanks for reminding me and I'm sorry I couldn't do it sooner. I will give my usually verbose impressions when I get to hear the two together. :)

Aug 12, 2010 at 4:17 PM Post #372 of 1,024
What you might be hearing the noise floor of the amp. The the T1's have an impedance of 600 ohms while the HD800's have an impedance of 300 ohms. Therefore it's easier for noise to come through the HD800 than the T1.

Quote:
When I have absolute no music playing, the T1s are dead silent no matter how high I crank up the volume, while the HD800s have this very faint 'airy' noise which increases when cranking up the volume. The Hd800s are indeed quite revealing it seems. Was hearing some anjunabeats (Delusion by Super8/Tab, White by Smith/Pledger, Ten seconds before sunrise by Tiesto etc) and the HD800 seemed more, dunno how to describe it, ?brighter? or maybe like more detailed. Prolly why people call them less musical and more clnical to the T1s, but then again those genres of music are all clinical and doctored using technology than using mouth :D I somehow prefer the HD800s (not mine) a bit now. Sigh. don't want to buy another set now.

1 thing though, I still need to get a balanced amp for my T1s. Right now using an adapter and a SE amp.

Comfort wise I prefer the HD800s, less pressure on my head.

Aug 12, 2010 at 5:37 PM Post #374 of 1,024

Quote:
Indeed.
That any piece of equipment you buy will be automatically succeeded by a new improved version, that would of fulfilled all your requirements. Only to leave you staring forlornly at the threads of people ecstatic with the model you wished you had.  You now can't even break even selling it off, because everyone wants the new one.

Quote:

Being in a global-village group setting like this forum only expands the highs giving opportunities to share those experiences. Which gear would you have acquired if this forum did not exist?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back