HD-25's for 8 bucks? Is this for real?
Sep 20, 2004 at 9:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

GreenEggs313

100+ Head-Fier
Sep 20, 2004 at 9:38 PM Post #2 of 17
Those are HD25-sp NOT the HD25-1 that is getting all the hot press on head-fi.

Sep 20, 2004 at 9:38 PM Post #3 of 17
Well the final auction price is likely to be a lot higher than $8. But the auction and seller seem legitimate at first glance. You can contact the seller directly to get a feel, if you are still feeling uneasy.

Sep 20, 2004 at 10:30 PM Post #5 of 17
with ebay, prices are always low in the beginning.

as a matter of fact, most bidding and price raises take place in the last few minutes (and seconds if you snipe - bid at the last few seconds.)

i have won auctions and raised prices upwards of 50 dollars in the last 5 seconds. so don't expect prices you see with 3 days to go, to be anywhere near the auction ending prices 3 days later.

Sep 21, 2004 at 12:50 AM Post #6 of 17
I hate snipe bidders. E-bay should change the way bidding is done. Say the first person to bid or the first people to bid within say 24 hours of the close should get to bid again AFTER the auction ends. So the snipe bidders wont sit on somthign and wait for the final seconds. If they do the people that bid way before the day the auction ends should get to place another bid.
If you have dialup and you bid it takes forever for the auction to refresh. Ive read about programs that can click and bid over and over like redial and can sit and raise the bid like $1. at a time.

Sep 21, 2004 at 12:57 AM Post #7 of 17
They should do it like on ebay germany.
On ebay germany ... for example, the price is at 10$. You can then only bid "up to" .. say .. 30$. But you're still at 10$ till someone else raises the price. So if another person bids 20$, you're still highest bidder with 20,50$.
Makes sniping really pointless
wink.gif

Sep 21, 2004 at 1:11 AM Post #8 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Taurui
They should do it like on ebay germany.
On ebay germany ... for example, the price is at 10$. You can then only bid "up to" .. say .. 30$. But you're still at 10$ till someone else raises the price. So if another person bids 20$, you're still highest bidder with 20,50$.
Makes sniping really pointless
wink.gif

This is how all ebay bidding works I think.

Sep 21, 2004 at 1:22 AM Post #10 of 17
But the problem is you find somthing you like and there are no bids on it. So you bid say $50. on those headphones and you check it and no one else has bid. Then you wait and get an e-mail that you were outbid and you look to see the final price and find that there were 20 bids in the last 5 seconds of the auction. Its pointless to start an auction for 6 days when no one bids till the last 5 seconds....
3000smile.gif

Sep 21, 2004 at 2:24 AM Post #11 of 17
Actually no, if you set the auction time longer, then it leaves more time for people to actually find the auction, and then bookmark it so that they can snipe in the last five minutes.
Obviously if you set the auction time to a day or less, a lot of people wouldn't ever see in the first place.
tongue.gif

Sep 21, 2004 at 3:57 AM Post #12 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by kyrie
Actually no, if you set the auction time longer, then it leaves more time for people to actually find the auction, and then bookmark it so that they can snipe in the last five minutes.
Obviously if you set the auction time to a day or less, a lot of people wouldn't ever see in the first place.
tongue.gif

If you set bid time to be less then normal, then you would get less money for those who would like to buy(and willing to pay high) did not get a chance to bid. Only seller that wants money fast will use this method.
Heck sniping isn't bad. If you're a lazy bum who think i can win an auction by placing one bid and going back in 5days to check it out, then you deserve to lose.
Why even complain about sniping? Just set out the highest price that you are willing to pay so you wont regret because someone snipe.

Sep 21, 2004 at 5:04 AM Post #13 of 17
I really think that EBay should change its policy as well. But as it is, I always snipe myself, since the benefits are just too big with the current system.
The best system I find is the one they had on some other online auction system: Whenever a bid is raised in the last 5 minutes, the end time gets pushed back to 5 minutes from then. Similar to an actual auction: As long as there is people willing to bid more, the auction keeps going.

Sep 21, 2004 at 5:14 AM Post #15 of 17
there's really nothing wrong with sniping.

not everyone has a broadband connection, but not everyone has dialup either. you have to remember, that there are plenty of snipers. if you yourself don't snipe, there is a good chance you will not win. the winner of an auction is the person willing to pay the most money at the end of the alloted amount of time - a sniper is simply the one who has the highest bid at the end. there's really nothing wrong with it.

why limit a broadband users abilities to bid, for the sake of someone on dialup? also remember, now that ebay owns paypal, they take a chunk of the final sale price. they get more money when snipers bid the prices up in the last few moments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back