Havi b3 pro 1 thread 2.0
Apr 26, 2015 at 10:07 AM Post #812 of 2,486

smily_headphones1.gif
Had a Listen at 107 hours. They still sound like my HD600's. I'll see them again at about 150. Sounds like the Bass has smoothed and moved a bit into the background?? Other Than that Very nice. I think these could use the 16db Gain boost built into my Fiio E12. Does it affect sound quality much? I generally don't use it because of that reason.

smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
TWIN

Interesting TWIN.  As you know, I also have the HD600 - but I'd say the Havis are a little too thin to be anything like them.  I do think that if you crossed a DT880 with something like an HM5, it wouldn't be too far away though.  Might be tip dependent?  I wish they sounded like my HD600 
smile.gif

Apr 26, 2015 at 3:45 PM Post #813 of 2,486
smily_headphones1.gif
Brooko you are taking my comparison way too literally. Maybe I should say they remind me of my HD 600's in the fact that they sound veiled like the Senn signature. I'm quite sensitive to upper midrange frequencies and if they aren't forward in presentation, I tend to hear things as "Dark". This is why I don't do reviews because I lack the descriptive powers. They have the detail but everything is so balanced they sound dark to my ears. Hence Sennhieser. If I was going to compare them to a guitar tone I would say they have Clapton's Woman-tone.  At least I personally don't perceive them as bright in any way. Not like the Titans do bright.

I wish ANY earphone I had would sound like a Pair of 600's!! In fact I like the 600's more than the 650's. Even the Senn IE8's, as good as they are, fall short.

smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
TWIN

Apr 27, 2015 at 6:55 PM Post #814 of 2,486
smily_headphones1.gif
Well I've got almost 150 Hrs. "settling time" on the Havi's. I'm going to take them on my Nightly run to Cincinnati and back to Detroit. I will give them a proper audition as there are Vast expanses of open highway On I-75 with little or no traffic in the middle of the Night. Takes about 10 hrs. so I should have a GOOD grasp on their sound by then. It's a long drive with few stops and little else to do.

smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
TWIN

Apr 27, 2015 at 10:13 PM Post #815 of 2,486

smily_headphones1.gif
Brooko you are taking my comparison way too literally. Maybe I should say they remind me of my HD 600's in the fact that they sound veiled like the Senn signature. I'm quite sensitive to upper midrange frequencies and if they aren't forward in presentation, I tend to hear things as "Dark". This is why I don't do reviews because I lack the descriptive powers. They have the detail but everything is so balanced they sound dark to my ears. Hence Sennhieser. If I was going to compare them to a guitar tone I would say they have Clapton's Woman-tone.  At least I personally don't perceive them as bright in any way. Not like the Titans do bright.

I wish ANY earphone I had would sound like a Pair of 600's!! In fact I like the 600's more than the 650's. Even the Senn IE8's, as good as they are, fall short.

smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
TWIN

You and me both buddy
beerchug.gif

Apr 29, 2015 at 11:25 AM Post #817 of 2,486
Thought I'd hit pay dirt with B3P1 and Spinfit tips... and then my Spiral Dots arrived. Clarity through mids and highs, tight bass, great definition. Happier and happier with this purchase.

Apr 29, 2015 at 12:33 PM Post #818 of 2,486
Anyone have an opinion on how would these suit for heavy metal (and it's various sub-genres)? I'm currently using the TTPOD T1Es and love them but after several months with them I think I'd like to move up to the next tier of IEM. I'm trying to decide between the Havis, VSD3, Ostry kco6 and Tenores (although I hear there's a bit of variance between batches). I love a good energetic sounding IEM with slightly pronounced lively mids, clear treble (but I do listen loud so not so much as they become fatiguing) and enough bass and speed to provide a full thump of the bass drums but not overpower the guitars. My main concern with the Havis is that I'm wondering would their (apparently) huge soundstage lessen the impact of the music? Or would anyone have any opinion on what would be the best in the approx €50-€70 range for metal?

Apr 29, 2015 at 12:38 PM Post #819 of 2,486
I find the soundstage to be not that huge, yes it is bigger than many IEMs Ive heard but there are better ones for much cheaper (soundstage alone). For metal, just what you prefer. Do you like the music as is? If not you might want to turn the bass up on your EQ.

Apr 29, 2015 at 2:51 PM Post #820 of 2,486
Coming back to what I said, the Havis handle Krezip (dutch sort of soft rock band) very very well. Have a listen at one of the most rock alike song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTCU232Zlo0

And dont forget to listen to some others as well! Such as Sweet Goodbyes (often used at funerals, great emotional song), and All my life.

Apr 29, 2015 at 3:27 PM Post #821 of 2,486
I find the soundstage to be not that huge, yes it is bigger than many IEMs Ive heard but there are better ones for much cheaper (soundstage alone). For metal, just what you prefer. Do you like the music as is? If not you might want to turn the bass up on your EQ.

What tips are you using with the B3's and what cheaper IEM's do you find to have a better soundstage? By soundstage you mean soundstage width right?

Apr 29, 2015 at 3:54 PM Post #822 of 2,486
What tips are you using with the B3's and what cheaper IEM's do you find to have a better soundstage? By soundstage you mean soundstage width right?

I mean the overall soundstage, not width or depth per se. I use the Senn double flange tips, and I dont say the soundstage is bad, or normal, it's pretty dang good. Just not a reason to buy the IEM. Maybe Im too spoiled by headphones/speakers and should have said: Better value soundstage wise. An IEM that has sort of the same soundstage is the XKDUN CK-M700, maybe not purely better on soundstage but at $5 and 95% of its soundstage pretty good too.

Apr 29, 2015 at 4:08 PM Post #823 of 2,486
I mean the overall soundstage, not width or depth per se. I use the Senn double flange tips, and I dont say the soundstage is bad, or normal, it's pretty dang good. Just not a reason to buy the IEM. Maybe Im too spoiled by headphones/speakers and should have said: Better value soundstage wise. An IEM that has sort of the same soundstage is the XKDUN CK-M700, maybe not purely better on soundstage but at $5 and 95% of its soundstage pretty good too.

Thanks for your answers, I was just curious since I've not been able to find any iem that outperform the B3's in combination of soundstage width and depth so far (to my ears). Unfortunately I've not heard any of the ones you're referring to, need to read up a bit :)

Apr 29, 2015 at 4:33 PM Post #824 of 2,486

It all depends on the quality of seal to get a solid sound. I am using custom silicone tips with mine and I am getting a perfect seal. Soundstage is screw*** massive no joke. And this is with a narrow bore tip. I am planning to get wider bores one so it might sound like open back headphones at that point LOL

Apr 29, 2015 at 4:33 PM Post #825 of 2,486
Thanks for your answers, I was just curious since I've not been able to find any iem that outperform the B3's in combination of soundstage width and depth so far (to my ears). Unfortunately I've not heard any of the ones you're referring to, need to read up a bit
smily_headphones1.gif

I didn't hear b3 and I did not hear many high end IEm. To now, only IE80 and KEF M200 give me feeling like to hear a full headphone. For this reason, I even prefer IE80 than IE800.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back