Havi b3 pro 1 thread 2.0
Apr 3, 2015 at 3:59 PM Post #662 of 2,486

It cannot be,,dx 50 should be powerful enough,,even clip+ can power it though almost full volume is required and it drains the battery.
And once again i must emphasize,it has no sibilance let alone horrible.

Agreed, power shouldn't be an issue. I just have mine plugged into my iPod Touch 5th gen and it still sounds great. I would think something like a DX50 would be very nice to the B3s.

Apr 3, 2015 at 8:41 PM Post #663 of 2,486
  Looks like I'm not the only one.
here's another review from amazon saying that it has horrible sibilance, without proper DAC/AMP

Probably because my DAP doesn't have enough power.
I can't believe my iBasso DX50 doesn't have enough juice to drive this thing.. wow.

I think you're just more sensitive to treble than most of us. It's not that uncommon as you think. It means you can hear higher up in the sound spectrum than a lot of us hear. Think of it as a gift instead of a curse. And, take care of that hearing of yours; use the EQ and you'll get a lot of that detail we don't hear. :)

Apr 3, 2015 at 9:23 PM Post #664 of 2,486
I think you're just more sensitive to treble than most of us. It's not that uncommon as you think. It means you can hear higher up in the sound spectrum than a lot of us hear. Think of it as a gift instead of a curse. And, take care of that hearing of yours; use the EQ and you'll get a lot of that detail we don't hear. :)

I even think its the opposite :frowning2: my hearing is really bad, I'm 22 this year buy i have already unable to hear up to 20khz in noise sweep.. Must be because of extensive gaming session when I'm younger.
Any though about the b3 pro 2? If the soundstage, imagine and detail is much worse, I'd look at something else.. But i really hate bloated, boomy bass..

Apr 4, 2015 at 1:31 AM Post #665 of 2,486
I even think its the opposite
frown.gif
my hearing is really bad, I'm 22 this year buy i have already unable to hear up to 20khz in noise sweep.. Must be because of extensive gaming session when I'm younger.
Any though about the b3 pro 2? If the soundstage, imagine and detail is much worse, I'd look at something else.. But i really hate bloated, boomy bass..

It's said to be a severe downgrade in the soundstage department. I dunno about the detail or bass, but I'd sort of image it actually just might be like the relationship between the GR07 and BR07 Bass Edition, in which case there's not actually all that much more bass.

Apr 4, 2015 at 3:07 AM Post #666 of 2,486
I even think its the opposite
frown.gif
my hearing is really bad, I'm 22 this year buy i have already unable to hear up to 20khz in noise sweep.. Must be because of extensive gaming session when I'm younger.

You think that's bad. I can't hear above 15.5kHz.

Apr 4, 2015 at 7:38 AM Post #667 of 2,486
It's said to be a severe downgrade in the soundstage department. I dunno about the detail or bass, but I'd sort of image it actually just might be like the relationship between the GR07 and BR07 Bass Edition, in which case there's not actually all that much more bass.

That's not the case :wink:

Apr 4, 2015 at 12:32 PM Post #668 of 2,486

You think that's bad. I can't hear above 15.5kHz.

what? but how?
I had a horrible LAN-cafe gaming session. I had to use headphone with nearly-ear blasting volume to be able to hear footstep/ingame detail and communication with my teammate to coordinate properly.

Is it possible to restore hearing capability lost?

Apr 5, 2015 at 2:03 AM Post #669 of 2,486
what? but how?
I had a horrible LAN-cafe gaming session. I had to use headphone with nearly-ear blasting volume to be able to hear footstep/ingame detail and communication with my teammate to coordinate properly.

Is it possible to restore hearing capability lost?

That probably has nothing to do with your hearing. More of headphones, source, environment, and other reasons.

Apr 5, 2015 at 1:35 PM Post #671 of 2,486
Is it a lot more bass? I never had reason to get a Pro2 with the Pro1 around. One gets used to having a touch less bass than usual :p

Yes and there's not much family resembles between the two. Only thing I can think of is the natural voice reproduction. For people looking for a bassy signature there's better options for the same price or even cheaper....

Apr 6, 2015 at 4:05 AM Post #672 of 2,486
Yes and there's not much family resembles between the two. Only thing I can think of is the natural voice reproduction. For people looking for a bassy signature there's better options for the same price or even cheaper....

Doesn't sound quite like my thing. There's just that certain point where I feel no matter how good the rest of the range is, too much bass will cover up the good stuff. I think of the B3 Pro1 as a little bass light for my taste, but it's not that far off and I'd prefer not enough bass to too much. Honestly, it just makes the switch from Havi to HD600 during my day that much nicer; things go from that somehow beautifully portable-but-somehow-missing-a-little-something sound to "I'm sorry what did you say? I was enjoying my music way to much to pay attention to you" haha
o2smile.gif

Apr 7, 2015 at 9:13 AM Post #673 of 2,486
Hello,

I recently received my Havi B3 Pro 1, and I am pairing them with a Topping NX1 and a phone (ZOPO C2 Platinum with a Yamaha DAC).
One issue I am getting is that when I turn the volume completely up on low gain on my NX1, I seem to be getting a pop on bassy frequencies in my left channel, as if the driver is caving in and out.

Would this be considered a defect and should I return my pair? I am very satisfied with the general sound sig so far.

Apr 7, 2015 at 9:14 AM Post #674 of 2,486
I feel a bit silly posting this because I've had my B3 for so long.  

I was previously using the white/silicon tips on my B3, and honestly had no reason to switch but out of pure curiosity I decided to try my Meelec dual flange tips on these.  

These tips are the answer for me in terms of the sub-bass extension and they give the B3's a bit of oomph on the bass!  Highly recommended -- I don't even need an amp anymore!

Apr 7, 2015 at 9:28 AM Post #675 of 2,486
  I feel a bit silly posting this because I've had my B3 for so long.  

I was previously using the white/silicon tips on my B3, and honestly had no reason to switch but out of pure curiosity I decided to try my Meelec dual flange tips on these.  

These tips are the answer for me in terms of the sub-bass extension and they give the B3's a bit of oomph on the bass!  Highly recommended -- I don't even need an amp anymore!

Try triple flange..........
U will be surprised.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back