Havi b3 pro 1 thread 2.0
Nov 10, 2014 at 11:06 PM Post #106 of 2,486

All i can say with 30 minutes listen is that at 40$ they are a no brainer with anyone wanting a neutral sound with very controlled,precise and punchy bass.Plus they are not sibilant as gr07.Another advantage is their excellent fit and much better isolation than gr07.

Also they have a detachable cable and made of aluminium,,,very small and compact...................perfect to gift ur girlfriend
tongue.gif

Still waiting to hear what your impressions are of it compared to Havi... More about differences in frequency response than soundstage though.

Nov 11, 2014 at 12:07 AM Post #107 of 2,486
  Still waiting to hear what your impressions are of it compared to Havi... More about differences in frequency response than soundstage though.

Better coherence than havi for sure with better bass.
More dark sounding with slightly recessed mids compared to havi.

More clear though.

Need more listening time

Nov 11, 2014 at 2:45 AM Post #108 of 2,486
update-------------If u don't have a good eq in ur player vc02 will sound recessed in the mids to majority so not suggested to anyone without a good equalizer and by good i mean 7 band or 10 band.The rockbox on clip with boosts of 2-3 db at 500 hz-4000 hz at different frequencies will make the mids brilliant.Add a little subbass and it sounds awesome.

I wonder if i knew rockbox eq is so good i would always get a neutral iem like vc02 and eq it to my preference.

On havi vs vc02---------------------Same as i reported above,,without eq havi has much better mids,,,but vc02 pulls ahead in bass punch and clarity.Even coherence is felt.When u move from vc-02 to havi it looks like smoothness is gone,,havi sounds much brighter in mids compared to laid back vc02(non eq).But mids of havi are not as coherent as vc02

Nov 11, 2014 at 6:20 AM Post #110 of 2,486
  update-------------If u don't have a good eq in ur player vc02 will sound recessed in the mids to majority so not suggested to anyone without a good equalizer and by good i mean 7 band or 10 band.The rockbox on clip with boosts of 2-3 db at 500 hz-4000 hz at different frequencies will make the mids brilliant.Add a little subbass and it sounds awesome.

I wonder if i knew rockbox eq is so good i would always get a neutral iem like vc02 and eq it to my preference.

On havi vs vc02---------------------Same as i reported above,,without eq havi has much better mids,,,but vc02 pulls ahead in bass punch and clarity.Even coherence is felt.When u move from vc-02 to havi it looks like smoothness is gone,,havi sounds much brighter in mids compared to laid back vc02(non eq).But mids of havi are not as coherent as vc02

Is the EQ on the app Neutron Music player any good? I just got the app and trying to figure out how it works seeing as how I don't have any devices which can be rockboxed :frowning2:

Nov 11, 2014 at 6:54 AM Post #111 of 2,486

Is the EQ on the app Neutron Music player any good? I just got the app and trying to figure out how it works seeing as how I don't have any devices which can be rockboxed :frowning2:

No idea man.But little chance it can match rockbox.

Nov 11, 2014 at 6:54 AM Post #112 of 2,486

If u have an iphone download bbe sonic max,,,there is nothing better out there

Nov 11, 2014 at 2:14 PM Post #113 of 2,486
It's still a preference.. I find the VC02s mids more detailed and transparent than B3s. I also find the VC02 to be more neutral/flat than the B3. And to me, B3 needs more EQing for the mids than VC02. Although I don't use EQ on both.

Nov 11, 2014 at 2:21 PM Post #114 of 2,486
It's still a preference.. I find the VC02s mids more detailed and transparent than B3s. I also find the VC02 to be more neutral/flat than the B3.

Its  transparent than b3.Agreed
While using b3 the background is never black and mids are incoherent and thinner.

BUT they are more forward than vc02................add 1-2 db and vc02 shines like anything.
Plus it has better bass.

Unless my b3 set is faulty the distortion figures of tyll are indeed correct
mad.gif

Nov 11, 2014 at 6:54 PM Post #115 of 2,486
Unless my b3 set is faulty the distortion figures of tyll are indeed correct

I agree with the following statement on innerfidelity made months ago (or there was a further screw up with the Audio Precision tester 2522 test)

That Havi B3 is clearly defective I'll say. Those get such praise and I can't imagine people liking them with such performance. That distortion is terrible as is the matching, I'll say, try another pair, definitely not a good idea for joker to review based on this unit.

I am just not buying this talk about the Havi being an abomination! As remarked on test result on innerfidlity. I jsut can't accept that one little bit.

Anyway, not prepared to get into any debate over this so please don't bother trying to start one.

Very, very quickly learned that tips are everything with the Havi (as well as good amped source) and with these shortened/enlarged bore Westone True fits (that I use on ER-4s unaltered), they perform great.:

While using b3 the background is never black and mids are incoherent and thinner

Background is never black. What? No problem with that here at all!  Ety Er-4p (not S) is more prone to picking up source hiss than Havi.

mids are incoherent and thinner: Have to disagree.

Thats all I will say on Havis, thats my last input to this thread, cheerio.

Nov 11, 2014 at 8:54 PM Post #116 of 2,486
Odd request, but could someone with the Havi try out this track for me and just tell me if it sounds bad/okay/good/great on the Havi? I'm getting the NX1 and Havi sometime late this week/early next week and I want to be totally blown away when I first listen, so I'm looking for songs (probably alternative rock) that'll do that for me. At the moment I'm thinking about listening to this one first. Apologies for the weird request. 

Nov 11, 2014 at 10:19 PM Post #117 of 2,486
  Odd request, but could someone with the Havi try out this track for me and just tell me if it sounds bad/okay/good/great on the Havi? I'm getting the NX1 and Havi sometime late this week/early next week and I want to be totally blown away when I first listen, so I'm looking for songs (probably alternative rock) that'll do that for me. At the moment I'm thinking about listening to this one first. Apologies for the weird request. 

Never heard that song before. Great song! And to answer your question, yes, it sounds great on the B3's.

Make sure you listen to these guys as well when you get your B3's...

Nov 11, 2014 at 11:42 PM Post #118 of 2,486
@polyrythm

its a comparison and not absolute truth.
b3 leads in instrument seperation and more forward mids and smooth treble.

But its certainly not noise free and as for etymotic hiss,maybe they are too sensitive?
My m3 have same problem.

Nov 11, 2014 at 11:59 PM Post #120 of 2,486

Never heard that song before. Great song! And to answer your question, yes, it sounds great on the B3's.

Make sure you listen to these guys as well when you get your B3's...

+500 for Porcupine Tree.

Can confirm this sounds great on the Havi. Maybe lacking a little low end, but it sounds nice overall. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back