Havi b3 pro 1 thread 2.0
Jul 8, 2015 at 2:10 PM Post #1,156 of 2,486
  Well after 10 months my left side stopped working, looks like broken cable right under ear piece or something. These were my first over the ear headphones, it wasn't very comfortable at first, but I got used to it, they were comfortable. I will try to send email to penonaudio if it's under warranty. 

Should be. I believe they sell earphones with a 1-year warranty.

Jul 8, 2015 at 9:39 PM Post #1,157 of 2,486
  Well after 10 months my left side stopped working, looks like broken cable right under ear piece or something. These were my first over the ear headphones, it wasn't very comfortable at first, but I got used to it, they were comfortable. I will try to send email to penonaudio if it's under warranty. 

No worries, they will honor even it's just past warranty period....

Jul 8, 2015 at 10:31 PM Post #1,158 of 2,486

Second pair I've fixed, first pair was near the plug so I reterminated it, this pair I did a recable with silver-plated copper (OCC spec but I doubt it because it was cheap off ebay), I feel that they sound more lively but I had 2 hours in between stock and new cable and I don't have the another pair to AB test

Jul 8, 2015 at 11:21 PM Post #1,159 of 2,486

Second pair I've fixed, first pair was near the plug so I reterminated it, this pair I did a recable with silver-plated copper (OCC spec but I doubt it because it was cheap off ebay), I feel that they sound more lively but I had 2 hours in between stock and new cable and I don't have the another pair to AB test

Nice! Got a link for the cable? 

Jul 9, 2015 at 4:39 AM Post #1,163 of 2,486
Just made a discovery, RHA tips on the Havi are a squeeze to get on but they add to the midbass punch where the Havi is shy. Best part is that it doesn't really compromise the highs, though it sounds less airy than say with the Spiral dots or Spinfits.

Jul 9, 2015 at 5:52 PM Post #1,164 of 2,486

I bought some of this cable from a different seller (from China also) they didn't claim OCC but OFC which I believe is more like it. I also find they are lively adding a bit more brightness and clarity from the stock cables I have. I found on my interconnects from my pre to amp on my speaker setup they lose a little bass but add clarity versus my old Monster cables but with subs on both speakers not a problem my Alpha Dogs aren't hurt as much by the cable. By the way I have a set of B3's on order and like to make my own cables did you get new connectors to the IEM's or reuse the ones that where original to it.

Jul 9, 2015 at 8:45 PM Post #1,165 of 2,486
  I bought some of this cable from a different seller (from China also) they didn't claim OCC but OFC which I believe is more like it. I also find they are lively adding a bit more brightness and clarity from the stock cables I have. I found on my interconnects from my pre to amp on my speaker setup they lose a little bass but add clarity versus my old Monster cables but with subs on both speakers not a problem my Alpha Dogs aren't hurt as much by the cable. By the way I have a set of B3's on order and like to make my own cables did you get new connectors to the IEM's or reuse the ones that where original to it.

The B3 doesn't have removable cables actually. @Eddie C performed some surgery to get it like this.

Jul 10, 2015 at 2:10 AM Post #1,167 of 2,486
Yup it is true the Havi B3 isn't removable cable, and yeah i thought about converting them to removable cable because I did it to my earsonics sm3 and have spare mmcx connectors, but I would have to trim the strain relief rubber piece and not sure how it would turn out, besides my friend did not ask for it, perhaps in the future

Jul 10, 2015 at 10:16 AM Post #1,169 of 2,486
  Just made a discovery, RHA tips on the Havi are a squeeze to get on but they add to the midbass punch where the Havi is shy. Best part is that it doesn't really compromise the highs, though it sounds less airy than say with the Spiral dots or Spinfits.

RHA's tips are pretty badass, really. I think they offer greater comfort and generally superior sound quality to Sony Hybrids, with an even better seal (at least for me). I still prefer SpinFits on my Havis, and pretty much everything else, but I recommend everyone who's never used them pick up a set of RHA silicone tips. 

Hi guys, can you recommend me IEMs have soundsign like this Havi? Because my Galaxy Note 4 can't drive it well, I like its sound but don't want to use any portable amps. So are there any IEMs?

HiFiMan RE-400 Waterline. Very similar signature with slightly better sub-bass extension; however, the sound stage and 3D imaging aren't as impressive as the B3 Pro 1's (but what IEM under $5,000 can compete there, anyway?).

Jul 10, 2015 at 10:32 AM Post #1,170 of 2,486
  Hi guys, can you recommend me IEMs have soundsign like this Havi? Because my Galaxy Note 4 can't drive it well, I like its sound but don't want to use any portable amps. So are there any IEMs?

Since IEMs will cost money anyway, why not consider buying a DAP that has an improved amplifier? the Xuelin IHIFI 770C is a very good DAP. I own the slightly more expensive 770. Check Penonaudio. Very attractively priced at 105. It's more than powerful enough to drive the Havi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back