Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread
Aug 1, 2014 at 5:15 PM Post #1,247 of 4,032
Aug 2, 2014 at 2:06 PM Post #1,250 of 4,032
I ordered this http://www.ebay.com/itm/161073933906?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Thanks, purchased. We'll see in a few weeks how they stack up 
beerchug.gif

Aug 2, 2014 at 5:52 PM Post #1,251 of 4,032
Hey guys, so I picked up my Havi's from the post office (since I was asleep and missed the signing yesterday), and I was wondering what tips you find have the most bass? So far to me the foam and stock (m) tips have some pretty amazing bass. But it seems like the stock tips have vocals a bit louder (have one in each ear). I couldn't get any of the bi-flanges to fit in my ear though so that sucks.

Aug 2, 2014 at 8:57 PM Post #1,252 of 4,032
Mostly tips with a narrower bore seem to have more bass. If you have longer biflanges like the ones for the m6 and push them all of the way down the stem it seems to increase bass a bit. 

But if you want a touch more bass it's probably just best to EQ them up a little bit, they seem to handle it well when properly powered.

Aug 2, 2014 at 9:16 PM Post #1,253 of 4,032
The amount of work Baycode's put into this thread is unbelievable. I was just reading the 'disassembly guide' and it blew me away. (very interesting too I might add)

PS: Mine have been shipped a few days ago. I'm really inspired to try them.

+1 on baycodes efforts! Really awesome. And I'm really looking forward to your B3 impressions!

Aug 3, 2014 at 12:53 AM Post #1,256 of 4,032
  Hey guys, so I picked up my Havi's from the post office (since I was asleep and missed the signing yesterday), and I was wondering what tips you find have the most bass? So far to me the foam and stock (m) tips have some pretty amazing bass. But it seems like the stock tips have vocals a bit louder (have one in each ear). I couldn't get any of the bi-flanges to fit in my ear though so that sucks.

my initial findings are similar the stock tips get more bass out of them, the biflanges drops down the bass quite a bit.

with the stock tips i was getting some pretty big bass (more than neutral, but nothing overblown)

with the biflanges i find the soundstage expands a lot more, but i really don't feel like the biflanges are seal ( it doesn't feel like it at all), maybe its just me
isolation with them is sub par
  Mostly tips with a narrower bore seem to have more bass. If you have longer biflanges like the ones for the m6 and push them all of the way down the stem it seems to increase bass a bit. 

But if you want a touch more bass it's probably just best to EQ them up a little bit, they seem to handle it well when properly powered.

i find the sony hybrids make them superb in the bass (but takes away the soundstage of these guys)

the biflanges also make the vocals so realistic, its actually quite scary, i heard little details in voices in remarkable clarity. like the i can easily see/hear their pronouciation and how they caress notes, its quite an experience! 

i actually find them more midcentric than neutral (with really natural mids) but voices just stand out, next the impeccable treble response, its really crisp

Aug 3, 2014 at 3:28 AM Post #1,257 of 4,032
Don't mean to be a total noob here. 
rolleyes.gif
 What kind of shipping times are you guys encountering with Penon?

Mine were shipped 3-4 days ago. (to Australia)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back