Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread
Jul 31, 2014 at 9:14 PM Post #1,234 of 4,032
Well I just got my spiral tips in... maybe they'll be the answer to my woes.

EDIT: 1 L 1 M working for me now, we'll see how it holds up. 

Note that I'm only powering my Havis with a portable amp (E18), do they benefit from the higher output of desktop amps vs just a portable?

EDIT 2: 2 Hours later... CHILLS 
cool.gif

Aug 1, 2014 at 1:43 AM Post #1,237 of 4,032
Well I just got my spiral tips in... maybe they'll be the answer to my woes.

EDIT: 1 L 1 M working for me now, we'll see how it holds up. 

Note that I'm only powering my Havis with a portable amp (E18), do they benefit from the higher output of desktop amps vs just a portable?

EDIT 2: 2 Hours later... CHILLS :cool:

Were did you get the spiral tips?

The B3 love tubes :wink:

he didn't say mo' chills :wink_face:  

LOL!

Aug 1, 2014 at 1:55 AM Post #1,238 of 4,032
Were did you get the spiral tips?

The price dropped on amazon japan a few weeks ago and so did some of the prices on ebay. Currently they can be had for $22.80 per box including shipping. Not sure if it's ok to link directly to an ebay posting or not in this forum. But a quick ebay search for EP-FX9L-B  should show them to you if interested. 

Aug 1, 2014 at 3:56 AM Post #1,240 of 4,032
  Hey @Netforce ,  if you push the Hifiman double flanges all the way  down the bore of the B3 (like the one I show you on the photo) they fit better IMO.

This way "tip bore depth" shortens, fitting is more secure and sound is better IMO. I suggest you to try this method if you haven't done yet
wink_face.gif

EDIT: @Netforce I just check your link for hifiman ear-tips. These ear-tips are different than the one I show you on the above photo (white silicone double-flange hifiman).  So I have no idea...

Looks cool, I'll give it a try with the large double flange hifiman tips I got. So often do companies start offering more tips after I get them. Possibly considering ordering another pair of havi for some more tips but I'm already pushing it with all the tips I got now. 
biggrin.gif

LA head fi meet coming up soon for me, last time I brought my havi with me but nobody really gave it a listen as likely they were a bit more unknown back in March. This time I may get some luck in getting some more people to give em a try 
wink.gif

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Aug 1, 2014 at 6:46 AM Post #1,241 of 4,032

Ok, this solve my problem. I 've suffered from small-bore tips clarity and loosen large-bore tips(senn d-flange). so I ordered this one(on rigth side). it has large-bore and it fits like M-size tips from Havi. now it fits my ear and clarity is unbelievable!!!

Aug 1, 2014 at 7:44 AM Post #1,242 of 4,032
The amount of work Baycode's put into this thread is unbelievable. I was just reading the 'disassembly guide' and it blew me away. (very interesting too I might add)

PS: Mine have been shipped a few days ago. I'm really inspired to try them.

Aug 1, 2014 at 7:51 AM Post #1,243 of 4,032
The price dropped on amazon japan a few weeks ago and so did some of the prices on ebay. Currently they can be had for $22.80 per box including shipping. Not sure if it's ok to link directly to an ebay posting or not in this forum. But a quick ebay search for [COLOR=333333]EP-FX9L-B [/COLOR] should show them to you if interested. 

ty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back