Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread
Aug 11, 2014 at 10:06 AM Post #1,516 of 4,032

What a cracking track ......me will play this song on Havi for test run and this too ...one me fav

@Wokei B3 Pro1 is in my ears while writing this: soundstage depth is excellent! But for this recording soundstage width is lacking. No it is not Havi's fault, record just doesn't provide you the width.

Aug 11, 2014 at 10:12 AM Post #1,518 of 4,032
@Wokei
B3 Pro1 is in my ears while writing this: soundstage depth is excellent! But for this recording soundstage width is lacking. No it is not Havi's fault, record just doesn't provide you the width.

Agreed ..this version in YouTube is not that good ...me listen to it on CD player when at home ...cant wait to get it ..me Havi already left Singapore ...woot woot ...4 hr drive to KL Malaysia ....should have it by this week ..me hope

Aug 11, 2014 at 10:18 AM Post #1,520 of 4,032
Any B3 Pro1 user should give this one a try IMO: Poliça "Lay Your Cards Out"     (FLAC whenever possible but Youtube recording is not too bad either...)

Aug 11, 2014 at 10:22 AM Post #1,521 of 4,032
  Thank you Guys !!!

H20Fidelity, thanks you for sharing that track, I can even feel a very huge soundstage on my closed full headphones not recognized to have a big soundstage.
Sure on the B3 this track it is going to sound awesome !!

FLAC 16/44 ?

I missed your question last page.

Yes, 16/44. 
smile.gif

Aug 11, 2014 at 10:28 AM Post #1,522 of 4,032
Thanks a lot H20Fidelity.
Got it, crystal clear, maybe Wokei is referring to the cracking noise I think they simulate the scratched Vinyl noise on purpose, on the Intro track.

Hey BayCode Thanks for the thread and for sharing that song !!
Nice music and singer !!

Aug 11, 2014 at 10:59 AM Post #1,523 of 4,032
Thats why i mentuion the ckr9s as they have a similar soundstage to what you guys describe!

It just lacks soundstage width to compete against the havis. The depth and height is endless however! *depending on ecordings and source of course.*

Sure, good to know......and yeah,I guess the bass on the ckr9s will be bit stronger and oomphs due to its push-pull confuguration.....than B3s.

Aug 11, 2014 at 12:47 PM Post #1,526 of 4,032

I want the other earphones to image the same I guess. :/

For example, when a track comes on and you know a sample goes across from left to right channel, (Say an EDM track), with Altone or DN-1000 it's kind of just like this big blob of jelly that rolls past to the other channel or hovers around for a while with no real sense of direction, (but you still make out it's meant to go from left to right). Whereas Havi is more accurate, focused and gives a better understanding of the image. And it does this with many samples while the other two earphones fall behind. 

Check out the left/right panning on this song. It is very unique sounding, and really cool on my T1-E and B3 Pro 1. The soundstage of both iems do it justice.
Enjoy 
etysmile.gif

Aug 11, 2014 at 1:21 PM Post #1,528 of 4,032
Hey BayCode Thanks for the thread and for sharing that song !!
Nice music and singer !!

You're welcome! A thread is only valuable because of friends :)

Aug 11, 2014 at 1:57 PM Post #1,529 of 4,032
  I have C&C BH here along with C3. (C3/BH)

I can confirm the pairing works well, actually with no switches engaged on BH for me, turning the LF switch on made Havi sound a little off for my tastes. With no switches on the soundstage is wide / mids detailed, I'd actually forgotten how coloured BH sounds after not using one for a while. In my opinion you definitely need an amp if you intend on using Colorfly C3 it simply doesn't have the power to drive these correctly, but sure, sound will come out. Havi even push C&C BH to its test for power, I don't know what others thoughts are but I can max the volume on BH in low gain and not find it uncomfortable.

The power requirements for Havi somewhat remind me of 100ohm ER4S, I don't know what the cable resistance is or where the 32ohm figure came from but I need similar volume on my Studio unit to which I listen ER4S. DX50 has no problem in meduim gain however. High gain with BH there's plenty of juice and I'd be mad to try and max it out.  For owners of C3/BH you will be pleased, sounds more expensive than the actual rigs cost combined.  For some reason I have a gut feeling Topping NX1 will be a better match and might grab one to loan down the road.

Right on - thanks for checking out the B3/C3/BH trifecta! I'm really looking forward to them now. They sure are power hungry little beasties - I'm glad the BH can handle them easily on high gain :)

Edit: Btw, can the clip zip power them at all?

I feel like these Havi's have cursed me. When I listen to other IEMs (DN-1000, Altone200) there's something missing, something in the soundstage, the instrument placement and depth isn't the same. While these other earphones might excel in certain areas over Havi they don't have that same instrument positioning and 3D imaging.  
rolleyes.gif

Doing it tough right now.....

Ha! Now I'm really really looking forward to them!
beerchug.gif

Aug 11, 2014 at 2:10 PM Post #1,530 of 4,032
After some confusion or possibly lost-in-translation issues I finally have gotten a notice saying that Havi + Penon IEM have been shipped.  They said 10-15 working days so it'll be another 3 more weeks before I can make any initial impressions!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back