Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread
Aug 11, 2014 at 9:02 AM Post #1,501 of 4,032
I feel like these Havi's have cursed me. When I listen to other IEMs (DN-1000, Altone200) there's something missing, something in the soundstage, the instrument placement and depth isn't the same. While these other earphones might excel in certain areas over Havi they don't have that same instrument positioning and 3D imaging.  :rolleyes:  

Doing it tough right now.....

I think Havi to rename the model as Havi 3D then, from B3 :wink:
It sure deserve this model name as everybody so immensely agreed to its SS & imaging.....It definitely needs a battle (comparison) with mid tier hybrids and customs to really see how it stack up to them....if not against 846,IE800,FTG334,k3003 etc..:D

Aug 11, 2014 at 9:02 AM Post #1,502 of 4,032
Just a question, do you feel an exagerated soundstage and imaging?

For example I'm currently using Shure SRH 840 headphone (full closed headphone),  it shows soundstage and image when the track has it, you can feel the instrument positioning perfectly, but if the track is recorded with very limited soundstage you feel the instruments just in your head, separated; but just in your head.

I'm afraid on having too much artificial 3d effect on all the tracks, even on the ones that were not recorded in that way ?

Of course I will enjoy classic music with a great soundstage...but mostly I like to listen the music the closest as possible as it was composed/edited/recorded.

Do you think that this effect is too exagerated and artificial?

Aug 11, 2014 at 9:03 AM Post #1,503 of 4,032
I want the other earphones to image the same I guess. :/

For example, when a track comes on and you know a sample goes across from left to right channel, (Say an EDM track), with Altone or DN-1000 it's kind of just like this big blob of jelly that rolls past to the other channel or hovers around for a while with no real sense of direction, (but you still make out it's meant to go from left to right). Whereas Havi is more accurate, focused and gives a better understanding of the image. And it does this with many samples while the other two earphones fall behind. 

That sounds awesome .....basshead when me started ..but now details clarity fantastic soundstage is me main juice ...me am sure HAVI can provide all these in spades ..been following Havi for a loooooong time ....me only listen to EDM when working out only but me main music genre is old school ...blues , Nina Simone , Janis Joplin .......with amping does the bass comes out to play wee bit ...me only concern is the bass is too light ...?

Me got me amp ready to embrace them ...muahahahaaahahahaaaa...... :evil:

Aug 11, 2014 at 9:11 AM Post #1,504 of 4,032
 Of course I will enjoy classic music with a great soundstage...but mostly I like to listen the music in the best approach as it was composed/edited/recorded.

@Pituky , Havi is giving you exactly this! The main thing IMO, no one (including me) would expect such a good soundstaging, imaging and separation capabilities from a 60 USD iem as well
wink_face.gif

You really understand and appreciate the bolded sentence if you make your own recordings with high quality equipments and monitor/listen them with B3 Pro1. What you hear actually with "naked ears" are very close to the sound of B3 Pro1 presents while recording (IMO) (Because of this B3 Pro1 is an excellent monitoring iem as well IMO).

I did this recording sessions using my Zoom H4N and binarual mics at least 5 times and compared my other iem/hP's with B3 Pro1...

PS: We have more experienced professional recorder ( @analogsurviver  ) in this thread who told a lot about these things what I am talking about...

Aug 11, 2014 at 9:17 AM Post #1,505 of 4,032
I think Havi to rename the model as Havi 3D then, from B3 
wink.gif

It sure deserve this model name as everybody so immensely agreed to its SS & imaging.....It definitely needs a battle (comparison) with mid tier hybrids and customs to really see how it stack up to them....if not against 846,IE800,FTG334,k3003 etc..
biggrin.gif

Yes, it's almost like the stage layers itself in segments depth wise as well. Must be the housing design.

Just a question, do you feel an exagerated soundstage and imaging?

For example I'm currently using Shure SRH 840 headphone (full closed headphone),  it shows soundstage and image when the track has it, you can feel the instrument positioning perfectly, but if the track is recorded with very limited soundstage you feel the instruments just in your head, separated; but just in your head.

I'm afraid on having too much artificial 3d effect on all the tracks, even on the ones that were not recorded in that way ?

Of course I will enjoy classic music with a great soundstage...but mostly I like to listen the music the closest as possible as it was composed/edited/recorded.

Do you think that this effect is too exagerated and artificial?

It tends to stay fairly true to the recording? Maybe a little bit of self reproduction. If an album has those imaging effects mastered  you're going to know about them and the width to my ears is pretty generous most of the time. There's a few albums in particular that stand out more than others for me (using Hisound Studio V)

None the less what it does is more than enjoyable and doesn't feel over cooked imo.

Rather pleasant, especially while laying down at night in a quite room.

That sounds awesome .....basshead when me started ..but now details clarity fantastic soundstage is me main juice ...me am sure HAVI can provide all these in spades ..been following Havi for a loooooong time ....me only listen to EDM when working out only but me main music genre is old school ...blues , Nina Simone , Janis Joplin .......with amping does the bass comes out to play wee bit ...me only concern is the bass is too light ...?

Me got me amp ready to embrace them ...muahahahaaahahahaaaa......
evil_smiley.gif

Sure, the bass will be fine, don't worry about it, scales up nicely with some bass boost. 

If anything it may make you appreciate what a neutral IEM is meant to sound like due to Havi's other features. Probably before you know it bass will be the last thing on your mind, though just smidgen more for my tastes wouldn't hurt, flesh out the lower sections of the stage when impact calls for it.

Aug 11, 2014 at 9:35 AM Post #1,507 of 4,032
Here's an example of one of the albums, just the first few minutes should give you an idea.

Mind you I have it in FLAC and use Hisounds unit.

Aug 11, 2014 at 9:41 AM Post #1,509 of 4,032
Thank you Guys !!!

H20Fidelity, thanks you for sharing that track, I can even feel a very huge soundstage on my closed full headphones not recognized to have a big soundstage.
Sure on the B3 this track it is going to sound awesome !!

FLAC 16/44 ?

Aug 11, 2014 at 9:42 AM Post #1,510 of 4,032

You dont miss bass on this track with Havi ?

See ^ above ^ where I quoted Wokei about a little more bass impact would be welcome at times.
wink.gif
 Though I'm ok with it. (pretty adapted to neutral low ends in general)

Aug 11, 2014 at 9:56 AM Post #1,511 of 4,032
See ^ above ^ where I quoted Wokei about a little more bass impact would be welcome at times. :wink:  Though I'm ok with it. (pretty adapted to neutral low ends in general)

What a cracking track ......me will play this song on Havi for test run and this too ...one me fav

[VIDEO] http://youtu.be/8VV8_BJQK8o [/VIDEO]

Aug 11, 2014 at 9:57 AM Post #1,512 of 4,032
I think Havi to rename the model as Havi 3D then, from B3 :wink:
It sure deserve this model name as everybody so immensely agreed to its SS & imaging.....It definitely needs a battle (comparison) with mid tier hybrids and customs to really see how it stack up to them....if not against 846,IE800,FTG334,k3003 etc..:D

Thats why i mentuion the ckr9s as they have a similar soundstage to what you guys describe!

It just lacks soundstage width to compete against the havis. The depth and height is endless however! *depending on ecordings and source of course.*

Aug 11, 2014 at 10:03 AM Post #1,514 of 4,032
Me too, Checking it.
Hey Wokei nice track. I will try to find a better quality recording !!!

Please continue recommending tracks to test the B3, will play them as soon as I receive it next month 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back