Have you retired your VCR yet?
Jun 14, 2003 at 7:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 60

kelly

Herr Babelfish der Übersetzer, he wore a whipped-cream-covered tutu for this title.
Standard curiosity fair.

I'm wondering how many people still have their VCRs in use. For the sake of being explicit, answer Yes only if the VCR is unplugged, in a closet, sold, donated, etc. Answer No if you still have it hooked up and ready to play even if you haven't watched anything on it in a long time.

Jun 14, 2003 at 7:47 PM Post #2 of 60
One of these days I will possibly get a TIVO but I find myself recording shows I think I want to wtch and never finding the time. A TIVO would only make it worse.

Jun 14, 2003 at 7:53 PM Post #4 of 60
no, but it's rarely used, if at all. Our pvr has replaced it for casual recording, so the only time we use it is if somehow what we need to watch/play is vhs only.

Jun 14, 2003 at 7:54 PM Post #5 of 60
I've still got two of the Go Video sonic blue DVD/VCR combos, and a Go Video dual VCR. Most of the movie watching is through my brothers philips 963SA though. So no they're not retired yet.

Jun 14, 2003 at 7:57 PM Post #6 of 60
Got one in the livingroom and one in the bedroom...use them to tape when I have conflicting programs on. They worked overtime for a couple years when Sopranos and X-Files were on at the same time. Now, I use em less.

John

Jun 14, 2003 at 8:47 PM Post #9 of 60
Yes but it was a fate thing. When my last VCR took the big dirt nap, I knew there was a DVD player in my near future so I didn't bother replacing it. It's still hooked up. I use it to route Dish Network movies and music through my stereo.

Jun 14, 2003 at 9:23 PM Post #10 of 60
Yup, i have two, a top of the line Sony and a cheap Panasonic. The Sony still rocks, i've never had a problem with it, great picture quality too. There's some movies not available on dvd just yet, such as "Hoffa," "Pumping Iron," and so on, maybe that Philips DVD/VHS combo unit will come in handy...copy all your VHS tapes to DVD
biggrin.gif

Jun 14, 2003 at 9:31 PM Post #12 of 60
No way. I use it to record my favorite TV shows for posterity, or later viewing. Current use is to record Farscape every night at midnight for viewing at a later, more decent hour. It's great to do a marathon of a week's worth without commercials.

I may graduate to a recordable DVD player soon, or certainly eventually when my two Sony VCR's die.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back