Sep 27, 2007 at 5:47 PM Post #62 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by AuroraProject /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Level 8 is really working me over!

Which one is that?

Sep 27, 2007 at 7:14 PM Post #64 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by AuroraProject /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The rescue Cortana, excessive flood level.

yup, hated that one... guilty spark all over again. I ended up just moving quickly past most of the flood because fighting them all was just no fun. To bad because the colors in that level are purdy.

Sep 27, 2007 at 10:28 PM Post #65 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by wakeride74 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yup, hated that one... guilty spark all over again. I ended up just moving quickly past most of the flood because fighting them all was just no fun. To bad because the colors in that level are purdy.

I just hate repetitive, cramped, dark dungeon crawls into a deep orifice. Level 8, you literally crawl into an anal sphincter and do a colonoscopy.
eek.gif

BTW, online Campaign Co-op on Legendary is, Legen.........wait for it...........................................Dary!

-Ed

Sep 28, 2007 at 3:05 AM Post #68 of 83
I've gotten the Iron and Thunderstorm skulls, but I haven't even been looking. I'm concentrating on the terminals this time. I can definitely agree that level 8 sucks something awful. It wouldn't be bad if it wasn't for the turret flood and the fact that the infected elite's armor magically becomes impervious to the energy blade, those things can be hard to kill.

Sep 28, 2007 at 4:15 AM Post #69 of 83
I just picked it up today, and I have to say... after GOW and playing bioshock/quake wars on my PC the graphics look sub-par. There isn't any AA at all! Is my box setup wrong?

Sep 28, 2007 at 3:21 PM Post #71 of 83
Just because it hasn't really been brought up yet, is anyone playing the multiplayer modes online yet? It's like getting on a bike after a short hiatus and sticking people with a grenade is as satisfying as it ever was. The new equipment makes for some great fun in matches, the brute shot is FINALLY worth using beyond a poor man's sword and some of the new weapons are fantastic.

I really couldn't give a rat's behind about the campaign (although looking forward to taking out some scarabs), it's the online competition that makes this game so great.

Sep 28, 2007 at 4:01 PM Post #72 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon118 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've gotten the Iron and Thunderstorm skulls, but I haven't even been looking. I'm concentrating on the terminals this time. I can definitely agree that level 8 sucks something awful. It wouldn't be bad if it wasn't for the turret flood and the fact that the infected elite's armor magically becomes impervious to the energy blade, those things can be hard to kill.

Totally, I hate those damn things... and the flood seems to be almost unaffected by the bruteshot... the gravity hammer works good but it doesn't seem to last long. Those drum based guns that can be dual wielded seem to be perfect... just with you could carry more amo with them!

RedLeader - At first I thought the graphics were sub Gears as well but after going through a few levels I thought that Halo has a slight edge. The problem is that you spend so much time looking down that you miss out on the gorgeous scenery above... it is very impressive IMO.

AuroraProject - Nice! How does that work? Do you select theater mode and play through campaign snapping shots or something?

Sep 28, 2007 at 4:26 PM Post #74 of 83
Quote:

AuroraProject - Nice! How does that work? Do you select theater mode and play through campaign snapping shots or something?

The game automatically records your last 25 sessions. You can go into theater and watch any of them, pause, fly the camera around to view different angles, and take as many screen shots as you like. You can then upload them to Bungie.net via file sharing.

Sep 28, 2007 at 5:06 PM Post #75 of 83
Quote:

Totally, I hate those damn things... and the flood seems to be almost unaffected by the bruteshot... the gravity hammer works good but it doesn't seem to last long. Those drum based guns that can be dual wielded seem to be perfect... just with you could carry more amo with them!

Yeah, the Maulers are great, there just never seem to be enough of them around. But that might make things too easy if there were a bunch of them.

Multiplayer is still pretty fun, but for some reason team social matches always seem stacked one way or the other. I've rarely seen a game where one team didn't simply annihilate the other. But slayer isn't bad. At least the assault rifle is worth keeping, but according to my stats online, I'm better at beat downs than anything, since the outnumber all my other forms of kills by at least 3:1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back