Halo 3 - Official Discussion Thread
Sep 5, 2007 at 8:56 PM Post #31 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by F1GTR /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Because Far Cry existed on the PC with vast immersive levels that Halo could only dream of.

Honestly, I'm not sure what there was to really truly like about Halo. The only people that were blown away by it were those that weren't already in to playing FPS's on PC's. It's a fun game, don't get me wrong, but it is not revolutionary or special in any way shape or form.

Haven't played Far Cry yet, but this is totally accurate. I have fond, fond memories of playing Halo with my brother. I think it fused an FPS with an arcade-style feel really well, and doing that on a console is no small feat. The vehicles and weapons were a lot of fun, the settings good, the gameplay energetic, but it doesn't really touch the best PC FPS games by any stretch of the imagination. Haven't played Halo 2 more than a few times.

My bad, I posted before I saw this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wakeride74 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This thread is for discussion about Halo 3 and while I think it's fair to stack it up against other FPS games can we please keep this from being a "Halo sucks... no, you suck" kind of thread?

Sep 5, 2007 at 10:05 PM Post #32 of 83
I finally preordered my Halo 3 limited edition.
smily_headphones1.gif

Just a heads up, bestbuy.com will give you a 1600 MS point card for $4.99 when you preorder either of the cheaper editions there. Shipping is free.

Edit: Let's just hope my 3rd 360 holds up, until HDMI 65nm units ship as replacements of course.

Sep 5, 2007 at 10:21 PM Post #33 of 83
Quote:

uzziah - I totally agree about the flood, they were my main gripe in the first one and I had hoped they'd be absent from the second but nope! They are supposed to be these mindless monsters yet they can use guns, operate vehicles, etc.? lame!

Actually the monitor on Halo (343) mentions that the flood are actually quite intelligent, so they aren't supposed to be mindless, quite the opposite in spite of being parasites.

That said I think Halo 3 would be just fine without them. Useless annoying creatures. It doesn't seem like there will be much, if any time spent on an actual Halo this time around, so hopefully there won't be Flood. But I'm sure the Forerunners were idiots and packed a few of them in the Ark when they came to Earth so we'll probably get to see the Flood try to take over the world. That would suck.

Sep 24, 2007 at 3:50 PM Post #34 of 83
Ok, spill it! Who are the die hards that are going for the midnight pick-up?

Not me, I'll be heading over tomorrow after work... I hope they have a different line for those who have already paid, that was so fast and easy with Halo 2. Can't wait!

Sep 24, 2007 at 4:01 PM Post #35 of 83
Tomorrow morning, EB Games Canada (GameStop to you Yanks) is doing an early morning pre-order customer fest. I'm stopping by to pick up my game - and some swag.
biggrin.gif

I need to re-assemble my Xbox360 from it's storage place right now...

Sep 24, 2007 at 4:09 PM Post #36 of 83
I wish I hadn't spent 2 hours reading the leaked halo 3 walk through... I wish I hadn't seen the ending..

I wish I had bought a 360 before I bought Halo 3.

Sep 24, 2007 at 4:32 PM Post #37 of 83
I'm actually glad I watched the ending. Halo has been like a book that really grabs you and you can't wait to read the ending to me. I haven't seen the full walkthrough though. I know I'll be waiting at least a year if not two for it to come out on PC, so I didn't really care about the end being spoiled. I won't be playing too much on the Xbox. That said I still want to see the rest of the cutscenes. Should be awesome.

Sep 24, 2007 at 4:42 PM Post #38 of 83
I don't want to know the ending until I get there so please WARN us if anyone decides to post spoilers.

I did that with Star Wars Episode I when I bought the soundtrack before the movie came out and red the song titles... "Qui-gon's Death" DAMNIT!

Sep 24, 2007 at 4:58 PM Post #40 of 83
Quote:

I did that with Star Wars Episode I when I bought the soundtrack before the movie came out and red the song titles... "Qui-gon's Death" DAMNIT!

Yeah, I did the same thing too. Last time I bought a Soundtrack to a movie before it came out.
rolleyes.gif

Sep 24, 2007 at 5:12 PM Post #41 of 83
I can agree to the no spoilers thing, but if there are people who came here to see that sort of thing, there is a popular video site that may be able to help. Remember, don't look if you don't want to know, that simple, but if you do want them go there for them, I can agree with keeping them out of here.

Sep 24, 2007 at 7:35 PM Post #43 of 83
Quote:

Ok, spill it! Who are the die hards that are going for the midnight pick-up?

Not me, I'll be heading over tomorrow after work... I hope they have a different line for those who have already paid, that was so fast and easy with Halo 2. Can't wait!

Me! When I pre-ordered the sales guy says "we are having some lan games and a small party starting at 9 on Monday night for the release" and I said "cool I'll be here at 11:45".

Sep 25, 2007 at 3:39 PM Post #44 of 83
Ok, some of you have had it since midnight, how is it?

Sep 25, 2007 at 4:08 PM Post #45 of 83
my brother bought it at midnight, I asked him how it was on the phone while he was playing all he said was "wicked"...then didn't really say much because he was preoccupied...grr, I didn't really want it right away but now that he has it I do. Playing online co-op sounds awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back