Gustard U12 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip
Nov 25, 2015 at 2:56 AM Post #2,866 of 3,700

One each:
http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/CCHD-957-25-22.5792/744-1456-ND/2742155
http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/CCHD-957-25-24.576/744-1457-ND/2742156

Thanks!

I am waiting for my Breeze Version 3 to arrive. I would like to try crystek clocks but I am not sure if I will be able to install them. Is it an easy operation for someone that only used the solder to replace resistors and caps here and there?

Cheers

Nov 25, 2015 at 4:29 AM Post #2,867 of 3,700
nope, it's not, can't understand why you didn't order it with crysteks, member hgpsemaj wrote this more than a month ago, you can order it with crysteks but you have to provide manufacturer with those,,,

Nov 25, 2015 at 9:37 AM Post #2,869 of 3,700
  nope, it's not, can't understand why you didn't order it with crysteks, member hgpsemaj wrote this more than a month ago, you can order it with crysteks but you have to provide manufacturer with those,,,

Has anyone really did this?  I'm about to try it - but the communication issue sure is a problem.

May just have to spring for a good soldering air gun.

Nov 25, 2015 at 9:46 AM Post #2,870 of 3,700
Can the xmos usb module of DU-U8 be exchanged or upgraded to Amanero board? Like this 2CH USB-I2S/DSD Audio Module-AKU384 board from Akodac? I am not technical enough and may be asking the wrong thing as apple to orange?

Nov 25, 2015 at 9:57 AM Post #2,871 of 3,700

Has anyone really did this?  I'm about to try it - but the communication issue sure is a problem.

May just have to spring for a good soldering air gun.

Maybe ask hgpsemaj if he can help?

Nov 25, 2015 at 11:32 AM Post #2,872 of 3,700
hi
regarding the hdmi to rj45 cable for i2s.
i did a V form cable yesterday evening to feed my 2 digital amp.
Nice cable with 2 rj45 cables sstp, soldiered on a hdmi connector. the easiest way for me, and i think it is more efficient regarding EMI.
Soldiers are not nice because I am just a beginner in this job.
Conclusion : same sound than toslink !
i would say : not bad for a stupid trial but no gain. ... thus I'm a bit disappointed because everyone is saying that i2s outperform the other connections, but not in that case.
Back to work right now. Wait for a few hours for my reports.
rgds 

when you do either version of i2s 'properly', you get the results. your dac would need the required lvds input to accept the lvds signal from the u12...

Nov 25, 2015 at 6:18 PM Post #2,873 of 3,700
Breeze in. Letting it burn in. Will report later 
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 26, 2015 at 4:59 AM Post #2,875 of 3,700
Hi,
"The Breeze DU-U8 is not working on Linux system." That's the response from the ebay's vendor when I ask him about the compatibility of the device.
So, my question is : Do you think it will work with my system (based on Linux fedora) if I use the USB-Regen (Linux-compatible) between the computer and the DU-U8 ?

Regards,
Etienne

Nov 26, 2015 at 6:32 AM Post #2,876 of 3,700

Hi,
"The Breeze DU-U8 is not working on Linux system." That's the response from the ebay's vendor when I ask him about the compatibility of the device.
So, my question is : Do you think it will work with my system (based on Linux fedora) if I use the USB-Regen (Linux-compatible) between the computer and the DU-U8 ?

Regards,
Etienne

Hi Etienne,

I expect to receive my Breeze tomorrow (after paying around 35€ in import  taxes :frowning2: ) and I hope that it works with Linux as I do not plan to change to Windows.   I have a very similar system:  Voyage MPD Linux  => Empirical Audio Short Block =>  USB-Regen  =>  Gustard U12 / Breeze Audio  

The Gustard worked smoothly with no change or configuration in my Linux. As the Breeze unit is based on XMOS too I expect it to work the same. I will report back during the weekend.

Cheers,

Victor.

Nov 26, 2015 at 7:57 AM Post #2,877 of 3,700

Hi Etienne,

I expect to receive my Breeze tomorrow (after paying around 35€ in import  taxes L ) and I hope that it works with Linux as I do not plan to change to Windows.   I have a very similar system:  Voyage MPD Linux  => Empirical Audio Short Block =>  USB-Regen  è  Gustard U12 / Breeze Audio  

The Gustard worked smoothly with no change or configuration in my Linux. As the Breeze unit is based on XMOS too I expect it to work the same. I will report back during the weekend.

Cheers,

Victor.

Hi Victor,

Thanks for your reply. I'm waiting for your report.
I expect it will work with the Breeze Audio too.
In any case, I suppose that the configuration in Linux is oriented to the USB-Regen and therefore the devices behind the Regen don't matter.

Regards,
Etienne

Nov 26, 2015 at 8:29 AM Post #2,878 of 3,700
Hi Victor,

Thanks for your reply. I'm waiting for your report.
I expect it will work with the Breeze Audio too.
In any case, I suppose that the configuration in Linux is oriented to the USB-Regen and therefore the devices behind the Regen don't matter.

Regards,
Etienne

I hope so but we will see. I understand that the Regen is kind of USB hub so the device after it must be compatible too.

Cheers

Nov 27, 2015 at 3:20 PM Post #2,879 of 3,700
The ViaBlue RCA to RCA male connector arrived.

Running the Wyrd for Sound Remedy directly into the heavily modded DAC60, eliminating the cheap best buy spdif coax cable between the Remedy and the DAC, made an amazingly significant improvement in SQ.  More liquidity, with greater detail and dynamics. Combing with DU-U8 killer good.

So here is the chain  PCFB2K>Jitterbug>Supra USB cable>Regen/LPS/USB adapter>Breeze DU-U8>Audio Sensibilities Silver Ref S/PDIF COax Cable 1.5M>Remedy/LPS>ViaBlue connector>DAC60.

Generic sliver/rhodium power cords on the DAC60, DU-U8 and LPS TeraDak LPS - the R-core Tera DC-30W set to 9VDC on the Remedy and the Tera X1/X2 LPS set to 7.5VDC on the Regen.  I have a second Cerious Graphene Xtreme coming to use on the DAC60 or the DU-U8 - which ever produces the best sound.  Separate PB4X4Pro power filters.  The DU-U8 and Regen on one and the DAC60 and Remedy on the other.

Best sound yet from the office system.  Note the Remedy has a totl Crystek CCHD-957 ultra low phase noise clock that reclocks the already super clean SPDIF feed from the DU-U8/Regen and acts as the master clock for the DAC60 - one positive benefit of S/PDIF coax. 

Tonight will try the Remedy on the main system.

Nov 27, 2015 at 3:35 PM Post #2,880 of 3,700
Just to confirm, as expected above, that the breeze du-u8 works in Linux with no update needed. My configuration: Voyage MPD Linux => Empirical Audio Short Block => USB-Regen => Breeze Audio

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back