Grado Fan Club!
Jun 17, 2023 at 8:00 PM Post #61,246 of 65,973
Off topic, but I once bought a car that had had a wet dog in it. Now that's a small that never goes away.
If you soak the car in a tub each week it might alter the smell to please you. Only use organic natural cleaners. Should improve after the first couple of months.

Jun 17, 2023 at 11:08 PM Post #61,248 of 65,973
+1 - Although I do listen with the RS-1x (pro IDSD WE tubes + V222 amp), I cannot think of any setup, that could make this album sound really poor :sunglasses:
I can …
ED93DB36-5A02-4877-B2E7-66632DA9909B.jpeg
🤣🤣🤣

Jun 17, 2023 at 11:13 PM Post #61,249 of 65,973
Off topic, but I once bought a car that had had a wet dog in it. Now that's a small that never goes away.
Dachshund in Datsun? 😂

Jun 18, 2023 at 4:50 AM Post #61,251 of 65,973
Thanks for clearing this up that you got them used. This is why I never buy used at least not from unknown/untrusted sources “pet product” sticker haha.
He said “no pets” LOLIMG_8372.jpeg

Jun 18, 2023 at 5:42 AM Post #61,252 of 65,973
Dachshund in Datsun? 😂
It was a Datsun .... how did you know :grimacing:

It was an Afghan Hound.
Very much like this one (it was 20 years ago, but I can remember that smell, not even my bloody dog)

download.jpg

Jun 18, 2023 at 8:08 AM Post #61,253 of 65,973
It was a Datsun .... how did you know :grimacing:

It was an Afghan Hound.
Very much like this one (it was 20 years ago, but I can remember that smell, not even my bloody dog)

download.jpg
Did you say Datsun?

Attachments

• IMG_0724.jpeg
    IMG_0724.jpeg
    5.1 MB · Views: 0
Jun 18, 2023 at 8:14 AM Post #61,254 of 65,973
Did you say Datsun?
Nothing as glam as that!
I think it was one of these, automatic. Stalled at every stop (and smelled of wet dog)

12483399-765x574.jpg

Jun 18, 2023 at 9:54 AM Post #61,255 of 65,973
I wanted to post this about The Hemp sooner/later might as well now:

I can't believe how good The Hemp is !

its been 6 days non stop now... it is still going on and it is not stopping !
(stock F pads wearing them slightly higher on ears/more to top of ears instead of ear center this gives me best results/sound).

It is like in that song:
"once you put a label on something it becomes it, like it is no longer alive..."
(Morcheeba/Charango album: "What New York Couples Fight About").

With my setup d30pro>ortofon reference bronze rca>corda rock ff there is that "background layer" appearing in certain tracks sometimes subtle sometimes more prominent that is resonating with the "main layer".

For last 6 or so days I was thinking this and I still do:

I don't want to listen to anything else because of that syrupy low end (probably thanks to corda rock ff) + that "background layer" resonating with the main one it is like there is another "hidden" driver behind my head in the background...

btw I will have a corda Jazz hopefully soon and I am getting 2nd rock ff (this is how much I like this amp and the synergy not with just The Hemp but mainly with The Hemp it is a strong one).

Corda Jazz will be a prelude to my first tube amp (later this year hopefully).
I am looking for a syrupy/low end obviously or "Your Father's Tube Amp" instead of "Not Your Father’s Tube Amp" as mentioned on the schiit website in the Valhalla description - I am not getting that one.

If you are looking/getting your first and last :) Grado consider The Hemp.
It is "crazy" Good !
The Hemp is, appropriately, a gateway drug into Grado. I was never a huge fan before, but I bought the Hemp solely on the recommendation of @YtseJamer and it's like the headphone equivalent of a warm cup of chai on a chilly day. Whenever I just want to drift off into my music (rock/metal) I throw on the Hemp and think more about the emotion than technicalities and I am happy. It got me looking at other models now, just to try em out.

Jun 18, 2023 at 11:37 AM Post #61,256 of 65,973
After 2 days with the Rs-x1 the cable got to me
But I did not fancy ungluing the driver on 2 day old £750 headphone
So I have put inline 3.5mm 3 pole female socket
IMG_4041.jpg

I also took apart the old cable from my 325x
basically the 2 reds(+)left side run straight from the plug via the Y connector to the driver
also the two white right side (+) run straight from the plug via the Y connector to the driver
The 4 blue cables all got to the Y splitter and are joined together then a pair go to each driver
IMG_4040.jpg

This is only a temp mod unit I have plucked up courage to fit sockets into the shell

Jun 18, 2023 at 12:00 PM Post #61,257 of 65,973
Jun 18, 2023 at 12:30 PM Post #61,258 of 65,973
I think I'm gonna be.... arggh

:frowning2:

Jun 18, 2023 at 1:26 PM Post #61,259 of 65,973
After 2 days with the Rs-x1 the cable got to me
But I did not fancy ungluing the driver on 2 day old £750 headphone
So I have put inline 3.5mm 3 pole female socket
IMG_4041.jpg
I also took apart the old cable from my 325x
basically the 2 reds(+)left side run straight from the plug via the Y connector to the driver
also the two white right side (+) run straight from the plug via the Y connector to the driver
The 4 blue cables all got to the Y splitter and are joined together then a pair go to each driver
IMG_4040.jpg
This is only a temp mod unit I have plucked up courage to fit sockets into the shell
I was going to do the same with my Hemp. What sockets did you use?

Jun 18, 2023 at 2:55 PM Post #61,260 of 65,973
I was going to do the same with my Hemp. What sockets did you use?
I got them from
Here
https://www.designacable.com/catalog/product/view/id/4330/
It only took 30mins
Plastic would be lighter
A good tip is clear or black nail varnish to stop the braiding from fraying and also as another insulation on the joints.
I was going to cut the cable 1cm from the cup
Then strip the sleeving and outer
Soldier all 4 cables together in a loop
Push the cable through the hole in cups
Then open the hole with a adjustable reamer to the size of the socket
Hook the cable from inside the cup with a wire hook
desolder the cables and then resolder them to 3.5mm female socket(+ together to tip contact and - split the the - to the two rear ring contacts)
Add a very small amount of epoxy resin/glue to the socket
Then pop it back in and let it dry.
And prey

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back