Grado Fan Club!
Feb 13, 2014 at 1:23 PM Post #12,136 of 65,860
I think it's because I'm on a tablet but I still can't get the youtubes over to this site so here's theURL v=xMX_rgvgmOo&feature_gdata_player I'm an old hippy but Dwight Yoakam rocks for a hillbilly forgot how good he was. The grados don't hurt either.

Feb 13, 2014 at 4:30 PM Post #12,137 of 65,860
while not heavy metal per se, heavy none the less, behold, the power of the mule !

Feb 13, 2014 at 4:57 PM Post #12,138 of 65,860

i think we ought to talk about  and share our musical taste here more, the gear is great, but its a means to the music !

shared this with whirlwind the other day, its KILLER !!

Killer is not the word.....I have watched and listened to this like 6 or 7 times now 
tongue_smile.gif

Joey B just flat out can play, guys!

I have been over dosing on Bonamassa for the last month....can't get enough

I have mixed in some Buddy Guy lately.

Feb 13, 2014 at 5:03 PM Post #12,140 of 65,860
I saw the mule ages ago when I had no idea who they were, they were playing with Nashville ***** (apparently can't use that word) IIRC. They put on a great show back then as well (maybe '97?)

Love them....Warren Hayes is a legend!

Feb 13, 2014 at 5:17 PM Post #12,141 of 65,860

we got about 2 and counting, we got some ice to start, gs/mad has the duty tonight !

14 inches in central Maryland-definitely a workout without a snow blower

Feb 13, 2014 at 5:18 PM Post #12,142 of 65,860
I saw the mule ages ago when I had no idea who they were, they were playing with Nashville ***** (apparently can't use that word) IIRC. They put on a great show back then as well (maybe '97?)

i saw them in 94-95, at liz reeds music hall in macon, before the 96 show thats on the georgia bootleg cd, the floor shook !
warren and woody were still with the brothers at the time, warren and woody left the brothers in 97 to just work on the mule
then woody passed, woody could thump a mean bass !

Feb 13, 2014 at 5:21 PM Post #12,143 of 65,860
  awesome point Jay...i listen to nearly everything, with a very overkill music collection.  i have some of the basics in blues and jam music but it's not my favorite so my collection there isn't very fleshed out, i try and listen to every single rec in all the threads i frequent and i've found a lot of great stuff! 
i'm more of a metal/post rock/grunge/etc (as far as my grados go!  i have a large EDM/hip hop collection as well but my HE400's get the bulk of that).  i'm getting more into country but seems i only have a taste for the older / outlaw style stuff

right now i'm listening to Neurosis - Honor Found in Decay 
a well recorded drone/doom metal album with heavy overtones of post rock and even country!

Bird of a feather! Love me some Neurosis. Honor and Decay is awesome. I've been exploring folk and country is limited to Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson and Dylan's Nashville Skyline. Listening to more jazz now. I feel like my 225i do jazz surprisingly well. acoustics music in general. Big Dylan fan here. Currently enjoying the new Russian Circles as well.

Feb 13, 2014 at 5:23 PM Post #12,144 of 65,860
ahhhh mark, the storm hit y'all yet ?!?!

Feb 13, 2014 at 7:14 PM Post #12,146 of 65,860
  ahhhh mark, the storm hit y'all yet ?!?!

Hey Jay-yeah-DC area-it came in hard overnight from 8- 10'ish-dumped about 12-16 inches depending where you in the Balto-DC metro area, switched to rain and now we're getting another 1-3 tonight. That's  pretty good for the Mid Atlantic!

Feb 13, 2014 at 7:16 PM Post #12,147 of 65,860
Hey Jay-yeah-DC area-it came in hard overnight from 8- 10'ish-dumped about 12-16 inches depending where you in the Balto-DC metro area, switched to rain and now we're getting another 1-3 tonight. That's  pretty good for the Mid Atlantic!

That would have us paralyzed for weeks!

Feb 13, 2014 at 7:26 PM Post #12,148 of 65,860
That would have us paralyzed for weeks!

Ha-ha! It's a pretty big storm-biggest in 4 years-paralyzed the state for the day and schools will be out two days w/ Presidents Day on Monday to clean up...not insignificant in the least. Hope you survived down your way. Good day to crank the tunes! Jamming to Herbie Hancock-Head Hunters right now.

Feb 13, 2014 at 7:34 PM Post #12,149 of 65,860
Hey all!

So- a quick update on the G-cushion on the 225i's.  I'm not really a fan of them with music.  Just like my failed audition with the RS1's, the G's turn the 225i's into a different headphone.  I don't really want a different headphone- I am totally sucked in to the 225i presentation, which is amazing.

However, I also use cans a lot with movies.  Mostly because they can sometimes have better sounding music and sound than a lot of the CD's and flac's that I have.

With movies or television, the expansive soundstage of the G's really kick the 225i's up a few notches.  They lose the in-my-face-awesomeness with music, but really ramp the experience up with other media.

I also have some TTVJ flats due in tomorrow.  Never thought I would cushion-roll, but it's fairly cheap and easy.  I'm sure my wife will think I've gone nuts!

Feb 13, 2014 at 9:12 PM Post #12,150 of 65,860
  Hey all!

So- a quick update on the G-cushion on the 225i's.  I'm not really a fan of them with music.  Just like my failed audition with the RS1's, the G's turn the 225i's into a different headphone.  I don't really want a different headphone- I am totally sucked in to the 225i presentation, which is amazing.

However, I also use cans a lot with movies.  Mostly because they can sometimes have better sounding music and sound than a lot of the CD's and flac's that I have.

With movies or television, the expansive soundstage of the G's really kick the 225i's up a few notches.  They lose the in-my-face-awesomeness with music, but really ramp the experience up with other media.

I also have some TTVJ flats due in tomorrow.  Never thought I would cushion-roll, but it's fairly cheap and easy.  I'm sure my wife will think I've gone nuts!

That's cool.  You've made some thoughtful decisions.  I respect that and I can see how this would work for you.

BTW, I certainly don't know your wife but I'm pretty sure she thought you had gone nuts many moons ago.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back