Grado Fan Club!
Jan 6, 2014 at 11:46 AM Post #11,372 of 65,820
my Grado path was:
Buy sr125i and 225i at the same time -> sell 125i because I prefered 225i -> sell 225i shortly after because the fit was unbearable -> abandon Grado forever because fit issue (or so I thought!)...
a year later, I came across a pair of sr225i at a good price, so I figured what the hell -> yup, I hate the fit...SOLD!:mad:

a couple of weeks later, I came across a pair of Classic Rs2 at a good price, so I bought them.  ....(*choir of heavenly voices singing) HAAA LLE LU JAAAH!!! haaa! llelujah!, hallelujah, etc., etc....

I don't recall exactly what the hell happened after that, but I ended up with a classic Rs1, Rs1i, sr60, sr125 pinks, Magnum woodies + my Rs2 on top of that!

->I gradually started downsizing and kept my classic Rs2 and Classic Rs1. ->a couple of months later, I sold the Rs1, and eventually sold the rs2.

I was Grado-less for about two weeks and then bought an Rs1i (highest serial number I've seen on an Rs1i personally), it is now for sale as I am not enjoying it.:frowning2:   

So, what's next!? Classic Rs1 with buttons OR an old beater pair of sr125/sr225 if I can find it at a good price! These are what should keep me happy.:atsmile:

Fin.

I made a half-hearted attempt to abandon Grados using Yuins, Koss V-Modas and a pair of Sennheiser HD25 II...to no avail...

I am like Chet Baker and heroin with them. One day they will find me dead on a city sidewalk with a pair tangled about my person, having fallen from a hotel window in a fit of listening ecstasy....

Jan 6, 2014 at 12:24 PM Post #11,373 of 65,820
well thanks to head-fi i found a great set of RS1i at a great price (thanks dgcrane), they should arrive here in 3-4 days so i'm pretty excited.  i hope they are what i want, meaning a more refined SR80

even if i love the RS1 i won't sell my 80's, those will probably follow me around forever.  probably no more grado upgrade path for me unless i can't stand the RS1 and then i'll try one of the other ones, but next on my upgrade list is a tube amp and some LCD-X...probably in 2 years when i can justify that $$$

Jan 6, 2014 at 12:32 PM Post #11,374 of 65,820
  well thanks to head-fi i found a great set of RS1i at a great price (thanks dgcrane), they should arrive here in 3-4 days so i'm pretty excited.  i hope they are what i want, meaning a more refined SR80

even if i love the RS1 i won't sell my 80's, those will probably follow me around forever.  probably no more grado upgrade path for me unless i can't stand the RS1 and then i'll try one of the other ones, but next on my upgrade list is a tube amp and some LCD-X...probably in 2 years when i can justify that $$$

Congratulations.
You will still need your 80s for travel/portable use...
gs1000.gif

Jan 6, 2014 at 12:53 PM Post #11,375 of 65,820
Well guys I attended the Seattle Head-Fi meet and finally got to hear some RS1i's after all this time. Here is what I think, and this should probably come as no surprise to any of you, I need to sell both of the Grados I have now (325i and 225i) and buy an RS1i. It does everything both of those phones do and does it better. It wasn't my favorite phone from the meet, but I know that there will be times no matter what, when I am going to be needing a Grado fix and for those times, I am going to have to have 1 with me so why not consolidate everything that is Grado, into one phone. So my advice to anybody who is really really sure they like the Grado sound and comfort (which has never been an issue for me) is avoid all the upgrading and just get an Rs1i and be done with it. If anyone is interested in my impressions of the other phones I heard there I'd be happy to post, but as this is the Grado topic I thought I'd keep it restricted to just Grado. For what it is worth, nobody brought any other Grados, I was hoping to hear some PS500 or 1000, maybe even a GS1000i but none of that happened. Maybe next time.

Jan 6, 2014 at 1:34 PM Post #11,377 of 65,820
  Well guys I attended the Seattle Head-Fi meet and finally got to hear some RS1i's after all this time. Here is what I think, and this should probably come as no surprise to any of you, I need to sell both of the Grados I have now (325i and 225i) and buy an RS1i. It does everything both of those phones do and does it better. It wasn't my favorite phone from the meet, but I know that there will be times no matter what, when I am going to be needing a Grado fix and for those times, I am going to have to have 1 with me so why not consolidate everything that is Grado, into one phone. So my advice to anybody who is really really sure they like the Grado sound and comfort (which has never been an issue for me) is avoid all the upgrading and just get an Rs1i and be done with it. If anyone is interested in my impressions of the other phones I heard there I'd be happy to post, but as this is the Grado topic I thought I'd keep it restricted to just Grado. For what it is worth, nobody brought any other Grados, I was hoping to hear some PS500 or 1000, maybe even a GS1000i but none of that happened. Maybe next time.

Grado isn't hip enough for meets, IME.  Been aroung too long and is too much fun.

Jan 6, 2014 at 1:40 PM Post #11,378 of 65,820
Error.

Jan 6, 2014 at 1:49 PM Post #11,380 of 65,820
  Alright, all of this RS1 hype is killing me. Who wants to lend an Alabama head-fier theirs!?

o2smile.gif

i'd do it, but i don't have mine at the moment !

Jan 6, 2014 at 1:53 PM Post #11,381 of 65,820
Jan 6, 2014 at 2:49 PM Post #11,384 of 65,820
  So jaywillin, are the GS1000i's your next purchase?

oh i already bought them, used , from a head fi'er, i got them before he ever put an add up !
the HE-5LE's i haven't bought, they are the one's i got in a swap from swspiers, he's got my rs1i's.
i do like the gs's, i'm very happy with them

Jan 6, 2014 at 2:50 PM Post #11,385 of 65,820

Users who are viewing this thread

Back