Grado Fan Club!
Dec 23, 2013 at 4:47 PM Post #11,162 of 65,848
Dec 23, 2013 at 5:13 PM Post #11,163 of 65,848
  I listen to Classical and Jazz. These Grado RS1i are doing a great job. (Granted, I don't have a lot of experience with "audiophile" headphones)

I'm pretty sure the RS1i qualifies as "audiophile"! They are almost as good as it gets, imo. Love them for a wide variety of music.

Dec 23, 2013 at 5:29 PM Post #11,164 of 65,848
  I'm pretty sure the RS1i qualifies as "audiophile"! They are almost as good as it gets, imo. Love them for a wide variety of music.

That's what I meant. These are the first high-end cans I've owned, so I don't have a lot to compare them too. You really have to take a chance on your first purchase; I read a lot of reviews, and auditioned them. And of course, the fact that I'm from Brooklyn was a plus. It's like going back home whenever I put them on.

Dec 23, 2013 at 8:05 PM Post #11,165 of 65,848
I always store my gloryfied dumbells (PS1000), cush down when I'm not using them, the cups are much too heavy for those plastic blocks.

I read many comments regarding the way the Bushmills sound, and it's understandable since it is the most important thing, but I think that they're also very comfortable. They're very light, they have to be within a gram or two, of the RS1i's weight. I have smallish hears, so the L-cush don't bother me.

I might be repeating myself, but I think that the Bushmills have a lot going for them. They sound great, they look good, they're vert light, and comfortable, they also have the nicest presentation of any Grados, they're relatively affordable, and last, but certainly not least, they'll more than likely appreciate with time.

Dec 24, 2013 at 1:45 AM Post #11,166 of 65,848
  I always store my gloryfied dumbells (PS1000), cush down when I'm not using them, the cups are much too heavy for those plastic blocks.

I read many comments regarding the way the Bushmills sound, and it's understandable since it is the most important thing, but I think that they're also very comfortable. They're very light, they have to be within a gram or two, of the RS1i's weight. I have smallish hears, so the L-cush don't bother me.

I might be repeating myself, but I think that the Bushmills have a lot going for them. They sound great, they look good, they're vert light, and comfortable, they also have the nicest presentation of any Grados, they're relatively affordable, and last, but certainly not least, they'll more than likely appreciate with time.

I'd agree with that. Even though I just sold mine, they are excellent headphones and probably the best I've owned to date. I do have a pair of RS1i's on the mail coming to me so I'm hoping that they impress me more than the Bushmills. Even if they are par for the course, I made some extra money after selling the Bushmills and buying the RS1 so I still did ok. 

Dec 24, 2013 at 6:52 AM Post #11,167 of 65,848
Well, I just won my Fantasy Football League Championship.  the money will burn a hole in my pocket 
tongue.gif

I am thinking I may buy the PS500 or else spring for a new GTX 780 video card.....decisions....decisions

Dec 24, 2013 at 7:42 AM Post #11,168 of 65,848
  Well, I just won my Fantasy Football League Championship.  the money will burn a hole in my pocket 
tongue.gif

I am thinking I may buy the PS500 or else spring for a new GTX 780 video card.....decisions....decisions

i have no idea which one i'd choose

Dec 24, 2013 at 7:47 AM Post #11,169 of 65,848
^^ 
biggrin.gif
  ^^    @ Jay

Dec 24, 2013 at 7:47 AM Post #11,170 of 65,848
happy festivus !!!!  derek trucks with  " a few of my favorite things"

Dec 24, 2013 at 9:07 AM Post #11,171 of 65,848
  I'd agree with that. Even though I just sold mine, they are excellent headphones and probably the best I've owned to date. I do have a pair of RS1i's on the mail coming to me so I'm hoping that they impress me more than the Bushmills. Even if they are par for the course, I made some extra money after selling the Bushmills and buying the RS1 so I still did ok. 

I didn't realize you sold the Bushmills, was there any particular reason, or was it to try the RS1's?
 Just read your post on why you sold them, I read this thread first, then the Bushmills thread. I have the RS1i's and I'm waiting for the Bushmills which where shipped yesterday, so I can't wait to hear the differences between the RS's and the other Grados I own. The RS's are a great headphone, you will definitely enjoy them, congratulations!

Dec 24, 2013 at 11:02 AM Post #11,172 of 65,848
  I didn't realize you sold the Bushmills, was there any particular reason, or was it to try the RS1's?
 Just read your post on why you sold them, I read this thread first, then the Bushmills thread. I have the RS1i's and I'm waiting for the Bushmills which where shipped yesterday, so I can't wait to hear the differences between the RS's and the other Grados I own. The RS's are a great headphone, you will definitely enjoy them, congratulations!

Yeah, that's the only reason. I figured that I'll have a better change getting another Bushmills or the new non-Bushmills version in the future for the current price then I would the RS1i for the price I got them for. Plus, as awesome as the Bushmills are, RS1's are...well...RS1's. They are a better headphone as they should be.

Dec 24, 2013 at 3:28 PM Post #11,173 of 65,848
Here is a sneak peek at what I got my son for Christmas.

Thanks to Rick B here at the forums for the great deal on the 225i's....they even came with a set of TTVJ flat pads!

The modi is new, the cans and the amp are used...but both are in fantastic condition.

My son is going to be so pumped!

My sister got him a cd...AC/DC Live At River Plate....gonna be a rocking Christmas
L3000.gif

Glad he is not a member here...no sneak peek for him!

Dec 24, 2013 at 4:06 PM Post #11,174 of 65,848
  Here is a sneak peek at what I got my son for Christmas.

Thanks to Rick B here at the forums for the great deal on the 225i's....they even came with a set of TTVJ flat pads!

The modi is new, the cans and the amp are used...but both are in fantastic condition.

My son is going to be so pumped!

My sister got him a cd...AC/DC Live At River Plate....gonna be a rocking Christmas
L3000.gif

Glad he is not a member here...no sneak peek for him!

He should be rather pleased.

Dec 24, 2013 at 5:35 PM Post #11,175 of 65,848
Pretty sweet setup. I bought someone a pair of Grados for Christmas too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back