Grado Fan Club!
Jul 23, 2016 at 4:57 AM Post #32,896 of 65,841
Today i still remember a great sound, not the best but the most emotional, with jazz music with this configuration:
Grado hf-2 recabled and balanced with moon-audio black dragon and ttvj flat pads.
The amplifier was little-dot mk VI
A middle price configuration with a great sound

Enviado do meu ALE-L21 através de Tapatalk

Jul 23, 2016 at 5:34 AM Post #32,897 of 65,841
2 years after it got torn into 3 (or more) pieces by my dog, the iGrado live again. It's a bit brighter than what I remember (could be the pads, could be the new cable), but it's still very much a Grado. And it's gotten 3 times more comfortable than before.

It's all thanks to the wife who found me a pair of cheap, defective Chinese headphones so that I can get the headband to replace the old one.

Jul 23, 2016 at 6:03 AM Post #32,898 of 65,841
Today i still remember a great sound, not the best but the most emotional, with jazz music with this configuration:
Grado hf-2 recabled and balanced with moon-audio black dragon and ttvj flat pads.
The amplifier was little-dot mk VI
A middle price configuration with a great sound

Enviado do meu ALE-L21 através de Tapatalk

Another HF2 owner :)
Rejoice..
Yes they are indeed a beautiful pair of headphones. Mine came balanced but I went back to default.

Alota, do you find with flats the bass overwhelming? I am using sennsheiser inverse quarter mod and they sound superb. Very detailed and yet no bass dominance.

:)

Jul 23, 2016 at 7:47 AM Post #32,899 of 65,841
this goes out to our buddy @whirlwind , who's vacation is about up, and he becomes a working stiff again ! 

Jul 23, 2016 at 8:37 AM Post #32,900 of 65,841
Wow...that was fantastic Jay......Beck & Gibbons totally knocked that out of the park!

Man, I am going to hate going back to work monday....The RS1 has been glued to my head the last two weeks.

Here is one for you, Jay!

Jul 23, 2016 at 10:02 AM Post #32,901 of 65,841
Another HF2 owner
smily_headphones1.gif

Rejoice..
Yes they are indeed a beautiful pair of headphones. Mine came balanced but I went back to default.

Alota, do you find with flats the bass overwhelming? I am using sennsheiser inverse quarter mod and they sound superb. Very detailed and yet no bass dominance.

smily_headphones1.gif

i liked the bass presentation with flats. considere that was drived in balanced mode

Jul 23, 2016 at 6:13 PM Post #32,904 of 65,841
  2 years after it got torn into 3 (or more) pieces by my dog, the iGrado live again. It's a bit brighter than what I remember (could be the pads, could be the new cable), but it's still very much a Grado. And it's gotten 3 times more comfortable than before.

It's all thanks to the wife who found me a pair of cheap, defective Chinese headphones so that I can get the headband to replace the old one.

Haha what a blast. Congraulations you lucky modder-soul.

Jul 23, 2016 at 9:52 PM Post #32,906 of 65,841

Are you the one who won them for $707? I wanted them too but lost out on them by a couple of bucks! I guess I can set my sights on the PS1000e now. I already have my GS2Ke (balanced) and the DS2012. Happy Listening!!!!!

Jul 23, 2016 at 10:09 PM Post #32,908 of 65,841
Yeah I ended up winning them. Sorry! I was watching those things for the whole 10 days making sure ingot them lol. I hopefully didn't over pay but they are supposedly never used from what she told me when I messaged the seller.

I've nerv heard them before. I became interested bc of the guy on here who had all the graphs and says they r the best ones ever so I hope I like them.

I had some ps1000es but they were too refined for me if that makes sense. I prefer my rs1is to them I think anyways. Not enough oomph or treble or something in the ps1000es to me.

Ill know right when I put them on if I will like the sound. I usually don't listen for too long before I know I want to sell some headphones lol.

Jul 23, 2016 at 10:14 PM Post #32,909 of 65,841
Yeah I ended up winning them. Sorry! I was watching those things for the whole 10 days making sure ingot them lol. I hopefully didn't over pay but they are supposedly never used from what she told me when I messaged the seller.

I've nerv heard them before. I became interested bc of the guy on here who had all the graphs and says they r the best ones ever so I hope I like them.

I had some ps1000es but they were too refined for me if that makes sense. I prefer my rs1is to them I think anyways. Not enough oomph or treble or something in the ps1000es to me.

Ill know right when I put them on if I will like the sound. I usually don't listen for too long before I know I want to sell some headphones lol.

Congratulations!!! I'm sure you'll like them. Do you still have the Graphs to post here? I loved my RS1is too but I just couldn't get around the on-ear comfort issues I had with them.

Jul 23, 2016 at 10:19 PM Post #32,910 of 65,841
Congratulations!!! I'm sure you'll like them. Do you still have the Graphs to post here? I loved my RS1is too but I just couldn't get around the on-ear comfort issues I had with them.

I don't have them. I think it's Ruthandjohn is his user name or something like that I can't find it on my little phones screen. He has all the graphs on them. I just remember he said the gs1000is had the best transparency so that made me want them.

I've only ever owned the 325e rs1is and ps1000es. I'm working my way through the grado lineup it seems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back