Grado Fan Club!
Jul 20, 2016 at 10:34 PM Post #32,882 of 66,060

The HP-1000 were built for monitoring , so their sound is much less colored than other Grados. The HP1k, tell it like it is. With good recordings, they sound amazing, however, they won't make chicken soup, out of chicken poop.

Imma remember this phrase for life!
The hp-1000 is a fascinating object and of course has a beautiful sound
I had one in the same period with ps-1000, hf-2 and magnum v5. I don't know the new symphones drivers, i think that magnum is near of hp-1000 philosophy but not equal.
The modern grados another style.
So good one hp-1000 in the hands....

Enviado do meu ALE-L21 através de Tapatalk
I have been pondering for a Magnum v6 for months... But with the MS2e coming next week, I'd just wait to see how it performs. 

Jul 21, 2016 at 3:49 AM Post #32,883 of 66,060
  you might wanna try the tape mod. super easy, cheap and reversible mod to try.  Just take some scotch tape and tape it around your earpads like so:
[...]
this image was taken from this article, which is very interesting: http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/evaluation-grado-stock-and-modified-ear-pads#iVsGlIKv2EqlDh8v.97

Changing earpads is one of the most effective (and cheapest) ways of changing up the sound a bit to your Grados. And just so you know, they will all fit on your rs2e. Congrats by the way, nice cans!

Very cool! I gave it a try, and it made a notable difference, almost exactly where I wanted it. The tape wasn't sticking very well, however. I'll have to look into more permanent solutions--one individual suggested duct-tape over the scotch.

Thanks for the suggestion, wormsdriver! You may have saved me $20.

Jul 21, 2016 at 6:52 AM Post #32,884 of 66,060

Very cool! I gave it a try, and it made a notable difference, almost exactly where I wanted it. The tape wasn't sticking very well, however. I'll have to look into more permanent solutions--one individual suggested duct-tape over the scotch.

You'll most probably enjoy TTVJ Flat pads as well…they will definitely tame the highs and bring out the bass. You sound like a prime candidate for them.

Jul 21, 2016 at 7:25 AM Post #32,885 of 66,060

I use electrical tape.  Perfect thickness, sticks very well and blends in pretty good since it is black.

Jul 21, 2016 at 8:54 AM Post #32,886 of 66,060
  You'll most probably enjoy TTVJ Flat pads as well…they will definitely tame the highs and bring out the bass. You sound like a prime candidate for them.

i agree with you.
tried all different pads but, for me, grado is flat pads(excluding ps/gs)

Jul 21, 2016 at 10:38 AM Post #32,887 of 66,060
  i agree with you.
tried all different pads but, for me, grado is flat pads(excluding ps/gs)

I would also exclude the GH-1.

Jul 21, 2016 at 8:01 PM Post #32,888 of 66,060

you might wanna try the tape mod. super easy, cheap and reversible mod to try.  Just take some scotch tape and tape it around your earpads like so:
[...]
this image was taken from this article, which is very interesting: http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/evaluation-grado-stock-and-modified-ear-pads#iVsGlIKv2EqlDh8v.97

Changing earpads is one of the most effective (and cheapest) ways of changing up the sound a bit to your Grados. And just so you know, they will all fit on your rs2e. Congrats by the way, nice cans!

You're welcome, glad it made a noticeable difference.

It pays off to have a few different pads around especially for Grado fans with several different Grado cans.

Another good alternative is washing the pads with fabric softener, but I wouldn't do it unless you have an extra pair laying around since that pads will stay this way and not go back to their original form. Washing the pads gets your ear a bit closer to the speaker so it changes the sound a bit and it also smells great! :wink:

Jul 22, 2016 at 10:46 AM Post #32,889 of 66,060

I would also exclude the GH-1.

i don´t know this headphone sorry
tongue.gif

Jul 23, 2016 at 4:12 AM Post #32,894 of 66,060

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back