Grado Fan Club!
Mar 28, 2015 at 4:00 PM Post #23,971 of 65,915
I got my Beyer T 5 p new for $899 on buysonic, and I would have gotten the Fostex TH-900 for $1010 on headphones.com, using their "20% off if you sign up for our newsletter" coupon. Not sure what the Alpha Dogs, listed at $999, discount to, but these were both heavily discounted, new, from their list price.

the alpha dog prime is $999, i'm talking of the first alpha, and i'd probably get one used if i went that way

Mar 28, 2015 at 6:31 PM Post #23,972 of 65,915
So guys, I just added a Sennheiser to my inventory again. I've had two really lousy experiences with Senns, the 518 and the Amperiors, and one really good experience, the HD800. A buddy sent me a link to a great deal on the HD700s, so I pulled the trigger. 

I'm telling you guys about this because one of the reasons Im buying them is because more than one review stated similar characteristics to the Grado RS-1, and how the 700 is an appealing model for those who like Grado headphones....which I obviously do. 

Just curious, do any of you guys have this headphone? And do you find the comment(s) about Grado fans liking it to be legit? 

Mar 28, 2015 at 6:44 PM Post #23,973 of 65,915
  So guys, I just added a Sennheiser to my inventory again. I've had two really lousy experiences with Senns, the 518 and the Amperiors, and one really good experience, the HD800. A buddy sent me a link to a great deal on the HD700s, so I pulled the trigger. 

I'm telling you guys about this because one of the reasons Im buying them is because more than one review stated similar characteristics to the Grado RS-1, and how the 700 is an appealing model for those who like Grado headphones....which I obviously do. 

Just curious, do any of you guys have this headphone? And do you find the comment(s) about Grado fans liking it to be legit? 

i briefly heard one at the last meet, and was pretty impressed, i've almost puller the trigger on a pair from time to time
look forward to your thoughts on them !

Mar 28, 2015 at 6:52 PM Post #23,974 of 65,915
  thank's joseph 

well, the "listening station is in the den, with the big tv, and it has a decent little speaker system hooked up to it (boston acoustics 2.1) and it gets loud 
and sometimes i want to hear some music at the same time the wife watches tv, so, i need some isolation
not sure what i'm interested in yet, i love the alpha dog, but not sure about spending that much, so i'm looking
and i'm thinking i'll get another grado of course, just a cheaper model, maybe an 80i or e, or a 225 if i can find a good deal

I had the same problem, got rid of the wife, problem solved
wink.gif

Mar 28, 2015 at 6:55 PM Post #23,975 of 65,915

wink.gif

lol, there are times where that's crossed my mind ! (i'm sure her's too) lol

Mar 28, 2015 at 6:59 PM Post #23,976 of 65,915
  i briefly heard one at the last meet, and was pretty impressed, i've almost puller the trigger on a pair from time to time
look forward to your thoughts on them !

I'm eager to hear them...I really liked the HD800, just not enough to justify buying them while already having the T1. (They sounded more alike than different to me.)

Mar 28, 2015 at 7:04 PM Post #23,978 of 65,915

Maybe divorced would be a better term than "got rid of the wife".

Just sayin'.

Mar 28, 2015 at 7:08 PM Post #23,979 of 65,915

lol, my divorce was expensive, but totally worth it, to this day, I can't attend a wedding ceremony, without feeling the urge to bust out laughing
biggrin.gif

Mar 28, 2015 at 7:17 PM Post #23,980 of 65,915
I hate to say it, but I've become really cynical, as well, Stacker. I'm much happier single...won't ever go down that road again. 

Mar 28, 2015 at 7:20 PM Post #23,981 of 65,915

thank's joseph 

well, the "listening station is in the den, with the big tv, and it has a decent little speaker system hooked up to it (boston acoustics 2.1) and it gets loud 
and sometimes i want to hear some music at the same time the wife watches tv, so, i need some isolation
not sure what i'm interested in yet, i love the alpha dog, but not sure about spending that much, so i'm looking
and i'm thinking i'll get another grado of course, just a cheaper model, maybe an 80i or e, or a 225 if i can find a good deal

You should be able to find an 80i/225i at a good price, I see them quite often on eBay.

In just a few weeks I may have a Mad Ear+HD for sale, that would pair up fantastic with these!
Stay tuned.

Sounds like something great and long awaited is coming your way!!!
beerchug.gif

smile.gif

wink.gif

Now, now, now....be nice  
tongue_smile.gif

Mar 28, 2015 at 7:59 PM Post #23,982 of 65,915

Mar 28, 2015 at 8:10 PM Post #23,983 of 65,915

smile.gif

Now, now, now....be nice  
tongue_smile.gif

I'm a car guy, and I used to own Cadillacs, back when they were still all out luxury cars, and didn't try to be Corvettes at the same time. Anyway, my wife once said to me that she thought that if I was forced to make a choice, I'd choose my Cadillac over her, without hesitation, what a silly question.
rolleyes.gif

Oh!, and I bought a brand new pair of RS1 yesterday, yay!

Mar 28, 2015 at 9:09 PM Post #23,984 of 65,915

Yes, bought a pair last week and, so far, loving it. I've posted a number times in the 700 thread with my impressions. I don't think it sounds like a Grado (I have an RS2i), but that's just me.

Enjoy your new cans!

Mar 28, 2015 at 9:55 PM Post #23,985 of 65,915
  So guys, I just added a Sennheiser to my inventory again. I've had two really lousy 

Congratulations!
I believe that @HPiper owns the HD-700's…maybe he can chime in?

Oh!, and I bought a brand new pair of RS1 yesterday, yay!

Congratulations!
Which series RS1 did you buy?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back