Grado Fan Club!
Sep 6, 2014 at 5:10 PM Post #18,241 of 65,916
Your very welcome Anna. Are you going for the GS1Ki's or the new "e" series?

Having heard both I would suggest the new "e" series GS1k to be the better of the 2 if you're paying the same price... if you can snag the old "i" version for $200 cheaper I would go that route. The new cans are a noticeable upgrade though... lol

Sep 6, 2014 at 6:17 PM Post #18,246 of 65,916
Sweet, will most likely order one next month.  The PS1000s are too heavy for me to wear. 
HyperDuel, I don't think you'll be disappointed at all. From what I've read on this thread the GS1Ke's are the real deal. When one starts talking about flagship headphones over $1000 to me the term "value for money" becomes superfluous. I found the PS1K's to be fantastic sounding hp's, but they just wouldn't stay on my head. If I only listened to music lying down then maybe I could see getting a pair. There's always the seatbelt pad solution. I also remember cutting up bath towels in the seventies to make DIY headband pads for our hp's, which were Sennheisers at my college radio station. They felt like someone had bent two wire hangers with shoe polish cans hanging over your ears.

Sep 6, 2014 at 6:41 PM Post #18,247 of 65,916

Having heard both I would suggest the new "e" series GS1k to be the better of the 2 if you're paying the same price... if you can snag the old "i" version for $200 cheaper I would go that route. The new cans are a noticeable upgrade though... lol

Getting "e's , they are$50 AU cheaper than "i"s at moment, my taste is rock/pop.

Anna

Sep 6, 2014 at 6:42 PM Post #18,248 of 65,916

I thought the GS1Ke's were OK for rock, but not spectacular.  With classical, jazz, female vocals ets., they are stellar.

I actually passed on them because my taste in music leans towards the heavy stuff- classical, jazz and electronic in addition to rock.

Regardless, they are definitely world-class cans, and I'm glad I had them for a while.

Sep 6, 2014 at 7:47 PM Post #18,249 of 65,916
  I thought the GS1Ke's were OK for rock, but not spectacular.  With classical, jazz, female vocals ets., they are stellar.

I actually passed on them because my taste in music leans towards the heavy stuff- classical, jazz and electronic in addition to rock.

Regardless, they are definitely world-class cans, and I'm glad I had them for a while.

That's all good, all of my pop is female vocal
Anna

Sep 6, 2014 at 7:52 PM Post #18,250 of 65,916

They are seriously awesome with Laureena McKennit!!!

Sep 6, 2014 at 8:50 PM Post #18,251 of 65,916
Hi all,

I would like to join da club with my 10 year old Grado SR80's.
Such sweet and delicious sound I listen to them every day and could not imagine life without them.
Wonderful cans :)

Sep 6, 2014 at 9:39 PM Post #18,252 of 65,916
XLR8, I'm just curious, are you using the stock pads with your SR80, I'm running the TTVJ flats with my SR80i, and I find they gives them a bit more bass extension, more midrange clarity, and the highs are also slithly softer.

Sep 6, 2014 at 10:09 PM Post #18,253 of 65,916

More my style lol

Hmmm... that looks like misappropriation of funds, if you ask me.  Think of the head-fi gear that could've been? 
beerchug.gif

Sep 6, 2014 at 10:15 PM Post #18,254 of 65,916
  XLR8, I'm just curious, are you using the stock pads with your SR80, I'm running the TTVJ flats with my SR80i, and I find they gives them a bit more bass extension, more midrange clarity, and the highs are also slithly softer.

Heheheh
The originals decomposed many moons ago. LoL
o2smile.gif

Have the sennheisers foams picked up a few years ago and made some mods(quarter inverse mod and removed diaphragm label) as shown.

Enjoy :)

Sep 6, 2014 at 10:32 PM Post #18,255 of 65,916
Ha, I have gs1k's, rs1's, ad2000x's and HD800's as well as an nfb29 and Glenn otl... I'm pretty close to not wanting anything until something big come out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back