Grado Fan Club!
Aug 12, 2014 at 7:17 PM Post #17,806 of 65,633
  for those of you into "hippie" music,  http://deepjams.net/,  right now, a whole ABB show

"The Best Blues, Rock, and Jambands"​
Streaming Live 24/7

Would love to listen to this....but have to clean up water in basement  
mad.gif

Aug 12, 2014 at 7:21 PM Post #17,807 of 65,633
  I'm pretty much there with my speakers, and I think I'm almost there with headphones.  Right now, the HE-560's are sounding very, very good.  I actually prefere them (slightly) to the Alpha Dogs for serious listening.

My 225i's are going nowhere.  Totally satisfied with these cans...

Sweet! I liked the 560's when I heard them at CAF. I need more time to compare w/ LCD-2. I felt the Audeze stuff might be more of a contrast to my Grados. But, they're both awesome.

Aug 12, 2014 at 7:39 PM Post #17,809 of 65,633
  Just received the PS1K's…let the burn-in begin!
Haven't gotten my 325is's back from Grado yet.

love a little headphone percolating !!
of course if it were me, i'd have them suckers on my head burning them in !

Aug 12, 2014 at 7:43 PM Post #17,811 of 65,633
I am 100% for burning in on my head with music playing. If I even notice a difference after a couple weeks, hey, bonus...
+100%

Aug 12, 2014 at 10:35 PM Post #17,814 of 65,633
Funny, but I owned a new pair of PS1K's for about 2 weeks, then returned them and bought a 30 day return used pair, which I owned for about 8-10 weeks. Neither of those headphones sounded as good as the new pair I have now with about 4hrs burn-in??? Not dark sounding like the others, and they're[size=x-small] seems to be less of a mid-bass, the bass is also tighter and much more controlled for a pair with such little burn-in compared to the others[/size]…[size=x-small]even the 30 day returns (but I don't know how many hrs they had on them). The mid-range sounds more forward/clearer with better detail/[/size]separation right out of the box…I find this very, very strange. I think what I'm experiencing is the variations between the same model higher end Grados, being this is the 3rd pair I've heard. Oh, and I have no complaints at all! These actually sound more like the Grado house sound too me!  
bigsmile_face.gif

Aug 13, 2014 at 1:34 AM Post #17,817 of 65,633
I have found what I think to be both an effective and inexpensive way of dealing with the PS1000 comfort issues regarding their thinly padded headband.

I have found that a strip of velcro on a strategically place women Maxipad works great in this unusual application. And what's great about this is that it's ''tweakable'' meaning that a bit like swapping the ear pads, you can use a thiner one

You're probably wondering about my girlfriend's reaction when she saw me wearing a feminine device on my head. To be honest she was grossed out, she said that it wouldn't have a problem with it, if I had used a clean one.

Regarding my opinion of the Beats by D....sorry the PS500, starting now, I have decided to stop writing those tongue in cheek posts. I find that they're sometimes misunderstood. The threat of lawsuits from Head-Fi members who have rupture their spleen from execssive laughter, also motivated my decision to be dead serious from now on.. Now!, I understand that some...who am I kidding...MANY of you will miss my witty sense of humour, and I want to reassure you that I will continue to entertain you through P.M.

I know that some of you ''saw'' through my post about the PS500. I have owned them for about 2 weeks, and I liked them, keep in mind that I didn't trade them in for my some SR60i, I bought a pair of PS1000, wich are not exactly chop liver. The PS500 are indeed special, they have a forgiving, tube like, warm glow to them. Also they are the only other Grados that combine mahogany and alloy cups, and at one third of the price of the price of the PS1000. 

Well, I'm going back to listen to Patricia Barber, on my vintage combo HPA-2 and HP1000, Happy listening!.                                                                                                                           

Aug 13, 2014 at 5:42 AM Post #17,819 of 65,633
  I am 100% for burning in on my head with music playing. If I even notice a difference after a couple weeks, hey, bonus...

Me too.....love hearing the transformation

Aug 13, 2014 at 5:44 AM Post #17,820 of 65,633

I have found what I think to be both an effective and inexpensive way of dealing with the PS1000 comfort issues regarding their thinly padded headband.

I have found that a strip of velcro on a strategically place women Maxipad works great...

BA HAHAHAHa. That's about as far as I got
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back