Grado e Series
Jun 27, 2014 at 7:24 AM Post #496 of 6,729

is this a mistake ?

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_24593_Grado-PS1000i.html

yep, its a mistake, grado verified, and i believe sonic electronics is aware, just never changed the website

Jun 27, 2014 at 7:31 AM Post #497 of 6,729

is this a mistake ?

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_24593_Grado-PS1000i.html

Think it must be.

The Proffessional series (PS1000, PS500) post-date the 'i' revision to the rest of the lineup, so I think they were just released with the basic product name (rather than adding the i, which stands for 'improved' - you can't really have an improved version as the first release
smile.gif
)

Jun 27, 2014 at 7:54 AM Post #498 of 6,729

Hey stranger! I typically use my LIttle Dot I+ for my Grados most of the time. I occasionally use my Meier Jazz with the PS500s, but otherwise I use the LD. I use the Classic predominantly with my Audeze phones since they like the extra juice. So in all honesty, I just don't have that much head time with the Grado/Meier combo. When I bought my LD, I had a tube guy who was really familiar with that amp, and he made a recommendation for some Telefunken AEG tubes that just really hit the mark the first time. So that's what I've used every since :)

Ah, makes sense. The LD I+ is the closest thing to a universal consensus I've seen for Grado amping. Guess I'm kind of looking for a rationalization to pick up a Meier amp at some point 
tongue.gif

Btw, don't know if you noticed, but there's another Nashville meet in the works-- if you get a chance, you should come up, and finally force me to make good on those "buy you a beer" promises I tossed around in the Meier thread 
biggrin.gif

Jun 27, 2014 at 2:56 PM Post #500 of 6,729

Ah, makes sense. The LD I+ is the closest thing to a universal consensus I've seen for Grado amping. Guess I'm kind of looking for a rationalization to pick up a Meier amp at some point 
tongue.gif

Btw, don't know if you noticed, but there's another Nashville meet in the works-- if you get a chance, you should come up, and finally force me to make good on those "buy you a beer" promises I tossed around in the Meier thread 
biggrin.gif

I'm getting close to buying my fifth product from Jan, so I'm probably not the best person to help rationalize picking up a Meier amp...I don't seem to need much of that when it comes to my own purchases lol  

Thanks for the head's up on the next meet! I would love to head up there one of these times!

Jun 27, 2014 at 10:45 PM Post #502 of 6,729

tongue.gif

biggrin.gif

Maybe consensus amp for on a budget...but there are better. 
wink.gif

Jun 27, 2014 at 11:31 PM Post #503 of 6,729
This might be a tad off subject but how does the LD 1+ compare to the Aune T1 for use with Grados? If anyone here has experience with both. I currently have a O2/ODac with RCA's for home use and carry my FiiO E18 for portable and office use. I'm considering one of these two to use at the office with my SR225i (may sell to get SR225e soon) and my SennGrados.

Jun 28, 2014 at 12:16 AM Post #504 of 6,729
Maybe consensus amp for on a budget...but there are better. :wink:  

The TEAC HA-501 does a superb job with all the Grados I have tried it with (RS1 vintage), PS500, SR225i, SR60e and GR10s. Then again it has been doing a universally excellent job with almost everything I have hooked up to it.

PS the five position impedance selector makes a difference too making it somewhat of a universal amp.

Jun 28, 2014 at 2:38 AM Post #505 of 6,729
Maybe consensus amp for on a budget...but there are better. :wink:  

Oh I'm sure! Just've seen a ton of recommendations for the LD. But I'm interested, what would you consider to be the best amp you've heard with Grado headphones?

Jun 28, 2014 at 2:44 AM Post #506 of 6,729
Just a thought... Hope someone can comment.
With all this talk of smoother highs and a more refined sound, do Grados like the sr60e to 225e range finally lack the old plasticky sound when using bowls? Or are the highs still one note-ish like before? Everytime I put bowls, there was an instant love/hate thing for me with those models. They have a nice tight sound yet the highs just have the bshhhh thing going on. Using comfies makes them sound Lo-Fi but have a better long term effect on me just like I remember with the flats.

Jun 28, 2014 at 3:09 AM Post #507 of 6,729
[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/7M952GTmies[/VIDEO]

Jun 28, 2014 at 4:57 AM Post #508 of 6,729
Nice video...for some reason I thought John Jr had no interest in the business and had often criticized headphones. I'm glad to see that info was incorrect! 

Jun 28, 2014 at 8:14 AM Post #509 of 6,729
Oh I'm sure! Just've seen a ton of recommendations for the LD. But I'm interested, what would you consider to be the best amp you've heard with Grado headphones?

now i haven't used a ton of amps but the best i've heard is the mad ear+ hd,

Jun 28, 2014 at 10:52 AM Post #510 of 6,729

Users who are viewing this thread

Back