Grado e Series
May 15, 2016 at 11:30 PM Post #6,391 of 6,729
  yeah, i meant cost lol. we have established there is no better or best. just what you like.

$1395.00…sorry, I misunderstood your post.
smile.gif

May 17, 2016 at 10:42 PM Post #6,396 of 6,729
It was on display at an audio show in Munich, Germany. I was keeping the secret waiting for Grado to officially announce their existence. When I told him the cat was out of the bag he was surprised that it had not leaked out previously. Grado Labs announced them on their site last Wednesday and on the social media on Thursday.

:cool:

May 19, 2016 at 7:25 PM Post #6,398 of 6,729
Just got my tracking info from Grado for the GS2000e!!!! I am due to receive it on 5/25. I am stoked!!! I wish I had been able to have heard the GS1000e before. I will only the the RS1i for comparison (unless someone buys it off me first).

May 20, 2016 at 12:28 AM Post #6,400 of 6,729
Congrats on your purchase! If the GS1k is any indication I think the RS1i will complement the GS2k really well.

Thank you! I'm sure the RS1i will compliment the GS2ke well too. My local Grado dealer has a GSki I think, so maybe I will do a mini comparison between the two?

Jun 4, 2016 at 11:13 AM Post #6,401 of 6,729
I just bought L cushions for my SR125e. I think it has changed the sound I hear, providing music with more space. It has lifted that congestion that I've always felt the day I bought it. The bass now feels more defined. I am also enjoying classical and acoustic tracks much better now.

Am using the SR125e for some pre-bed time listening in the bed room. Using it straight on the Z5 with occasional use of the microstreamer.

I was initially unsure about changing the ear pads because I was wondering whether changing them would result in any real sonic improvements at all. However, I decided to do it and I must say the decision has paid of. I'm very pleased. 

Jun 4, 2016 at 11:52 AM Post #6,402 of 6,729
  I just bought L cushions for my SR125e. I think it has changed the sound I hear, providing music with more space. It has lifted that congestion that I've always felt the day I bought it. The bass now feels more defined. I am also enjoying classical and acoustic tracks much better now.

Am using the SR125e for some pre-bed time listening in the bed room. Using it straight on the Z5 with occasional use of the microstreamer.

I was initially unsure about changing the ear pads because I was wondering whether changing them would result in any real sonic improvements at all. However, I decided to do it and I must say the decision has paid of. I'm very pleased. 

Sounds spot on when going from S to L cushions being they are further from your ears.
I use L cushions on my 80i as well…it is a very nice improvement across the board IMO/IME.

Jun 5, 2016 at 9:15 AM Post #6,403 of 6,729
Silly curiosity: Would adding G cushions to my SR60 or SR125 further alter the sound at all? I think that'll take things a bit too far. Anyone even bothered?

Jun 5, 2016 at 9:32 AM Post #6,404 of 6,729
Hey. I personally think it would. I thought my SR325is was it until i picked up tried on the RS2e! Tinkering around with the SR60 or SR125 all becomes futile after hearing their higher more refined models, especially the wooden ones! However, if you enjoy your 60 and 125 don't listen to their more expensive pairs or for that matter anything i or anyone else has to say about them or moving up! It will only have you digging deeper in your pockets and using those two you have for paperweights.
Since i purchased the RS2e my 325is went back in their box! It's like that.

Jun 5, 2016 at 9:45 AM Post #6,405 of 6,729
  Silly curiosity: Would adding G cushions to my SR60 or SR125 further alter the sound at all? I think that'll take things a bit too far. Anyone even bothered?

G cushions don't sound right with the SR models you'll lose their SQ (although some like them on the 325x).
The only 2 models which can benefit from G cushions are the PS500x (which I never heard) and the GH1 which I own and use them with G cushions.

Are you using L cushions on both your 60/125?
If not, these will increase the SQ for sure so I would go this route.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back