Grado Bushmills X - Grado's first closed-back headphone?
Dec 21, 2013 at 10:39 PM Post #391 of 771
  Just ordered the L and G cushions for the BxG's 

Where did you order your (L) cushions from, Grado?
I tried to order them for my Bushmills that are on order from B&H Photo, but they are currently out of stock.

So is anyone still waiting on shipments from the first batch from TTL? Any notices from the second batch? Just curious where I am in line...

I ordered the 2nd to last pair, and I haven't received any notice besides the order #.

Dec 21, 2013 at 10:44 PM Post #392 of 771
  Where did you order your (L) cushions from, Grado?
I tried to order them for my Bushmills that are on order from B&H Photo, but they are currently out of stock.

I ordered the 2nd to last pair, and I haven't received any notice besides the order #.

amazon :wink:

Dec 21, 2013 at 10:58 PM Post #393 of 771
Wow that's to bad that these headphones are sold out. I really wanted these as my second upgrade. I am currently beginning with this audiophile headphone stuff and I must say open back headphones do really sound great and bring life to music.

Dec 21, 2013 at 11:12 PM Post #394 of 771
  How do these compare to the RS1i's? If the difference is not that much, i maybe get these instead, as they are half the price..

They get closer to the RS1i if you put L cush pads on them (adds 30 bucks). they don’t have the same level of detail, texture and soundstage but - for somewhat causal listening - it’s hard to tell at first glance. 

The obvious difference is that these are tuned for more bass than the RS1i and have more subdued treble. I also find upper mids are little less smooth and sweet on the bushmills than the RS1i.

But since these bushmills are limited edition, you might have a hard time finding them soon. If money is a concern, there’s lots of used RS1is in the forum here or you could opt for a new RS2i if you can’t find one of these limited editions out there.

Dec 22, 2013 at 12:33 AM Post #396 of 771
I'm going on memory here, but I actually prefer the Bushmills to both, the RS1i and the PS500. The best way I can describe the Bushmills is that they give you 95% of the best that the PS500 and RS1i each have to offer, wich I find VERY impressive, especially when you consider the fact that they're a lot cheaper both of them.

Oh!, and I run my Bushmills with the L-cush.

Dec 22, 2013 at 12:37 AM Post #397 of 771

I'm spoiled by Amazon. I don't even like to order from any other place. I know I'll get my package fast and on time. I ordered from headroom and now turntable. Never again. How hard is it to process an order in a timely manner and use shipping that isn't pathetically slow? If Amazon is ever slow processing an order they upgrade me to overnight for free. I don't even need to contact them.

For those of you who feel bad about missing out, don't. Even if there aren't any new pairs coming there is a good chance mine will be for sale unless I'm super impressed.

Dec 22, 2013 at 1:21 AM Post #398 of 771
I'm spoiled by Amazon. I don't even like to order from any other place. I know I'll get my package fast and on time. I ordered from headroom and now turntable. Never again. How hard is it to process an order in a timely manner and use shipping that isn't pathetically slow? If Amazon is ever slow processing an order they upgrade me to overnight for free. I don't even need to contact them.

For those of you who feel bad about missing out, don't. Even if there aren't any new pairs coming there is a good chance mine will be for sale unless I'm super impressed.

I cannot help but post this thought... I have never listened to any of the wooden Grados, unless you consider the PS500 a halfy. But I pad-rolled for months and finally figured out the best sound for my ears with my SR-80i. Limitations of the headphones in mind, I can't get over how easy it was to give Grados some much needed bass.

I just inserted the foam discs from a pair of Senn. HD-25 pads. This "musically transparent" material is allows my ears to tollerate the brutality of Grado L-Cush (mini-bowls) over longer listening sessions. Magical Grado bass makers....

Problem solved. But now, I am curious about these so-called Grados with bass in stock form. :)

Dec 22, 2013 at 1:31 AM Post #399 of 771
Yeah Grados are quite moddable. I like the 225I but comfort is a big issue for me. At first I felt the bass was lacking but I think I got used to it. It's still lean but not bad. I've only heard the 60i and 225i. Will be interesting to compare. I'm sure I'll like the Bushmills, just maybe not twice as much as the 225i. who knows? Never know until you try,so that's the plan :)

Dec 22, 2013 at 6:53 AM Post #400 of 771
Dec 22, 2013 at 9:45 AM Post #403 of 771
  whirlwind, Crutchfield had the (L) cushions in stock, thanks a lot, now maybe I will receive the Bushmills and (L)'s around the same time, thanks again.

Sure

Be sure to post about how you like your Bushmills

Users who are viewing this thread

Back