GOV2 vs Mojo?
Nov 30, 2015 at 10:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

tmarshl

500+ Head-Fier
Has anyone done a comparison between the Geek Out Version 2 and the Chord Mojo?  What were your impressions?

Dec 1, 2015 at 12:19 AM Post #2 of 15
Geek Out V2 is a good value if you are planning to run in balanced.
Mojo is still better than the Geek Out V2.

Dec 1, 2015 at 12:18 PM Post #3 of 15
Mojo > GOV2 overall sound quality
GOV2 > Mojo price / performance
and for my specific needs
Mojo > GOV2 functionality

More detailed summary from my post on the mojo thread.

Dec 1, 2015 at 11:57 PM Post #6 of 15
I covered slightly V2 infinity vs the mojo in my review in my signature. Feel free to ask me here or pm.

Thanks for the review.  This is very helpful.  The Mojo creates a high bar for any competition in that price range.

Dec 1, 2015 at 11:59 PM Post #7 of 15
It sounds like being able to run balanced is one the the key advantages of the GOV2 over the Mojo.  I have a Mojo currently (replaced a Hugo with no regrets, particularly considering the price differential), and have a GOV2+ Infinity on order.  Should be an interesting comparison.

Dec 2, 2015 at 6:22 PM Post #8 of 15
For me personally, I must run GOV2 in balanced mode to make it comparable to Mojo. And because all my balanced headphones are easy to run single-ended, it's a non-issue for me to run from the Mojo. Mojo universally (meaning on every headphone I own) sounds better to me than GOV2. Only running GOV2 in balanced makes it a closer competition.

Had I owned the balanced cable from GOV2, I might have never acquired the Mojo. But my balanced cable took long enough to arrive that the Mojo was released in the time between.

Dec 2, 2015 at 10:57 PM Post #9 of 15
  For me personally, I must run GOV2 in balanced mode to make it comparable to Mojo. And because all my balanced headphones are easy to run single-ended, it's a non-issue for me to run from the Mojo. Mojo universally (meaning on every headphone I own) sounds better to me than GOV2. Only running GOV2 in balanced makes it a closer competition.

Had I owned the balanced cable from GOV2, I might have never acquired the Mojo. But my balanced cable took long enough to arrive that the Mojo was released in the time between.

Thanks.  That is a very useful observation.  I have had a balanced cable for my JH13s sitting in a drawer for quite some time.  It will be interesting to do the comparison for myself, when I receive the GOV2+ Infinity.

Jul 28, 2016 at 6:30 PM Post #10 of 15
I just wanted to thank the OP for this thread.  I've read a little here and there in other threads and it's nice to have it all in one place.

Also - thank you to everybody who took the time to give their impressions and comparisons!!

Frank.

Jul 28, 2016 at 9:40 PM Post #11 of 15
  I just wanted to thank the OP for this thread.  I've read a little here and there in other threads and it's nice to have it all in one place.

Also - thank you to everybody who took the time to give their impressions and comparisons!!

Frank.

Hey Frank, I'm not sure if you read my review, but I previously stated I thought that GOV2>Mojo.

I plan to retract that soon. Over time, I felt the Mojo was better. To reflect this, I already sold the GOV2 and got the Mojo. Just more portable for one, and I felt it suits even a desktop even more than a GOV2. I also felt the microdetails were better, and the overall presentation more coherent.

Aug 1, 2016 at 10:30 PM Post #12 of 15
When I compared Mojo with Geek (but it was GO450) on FLC8s I definitely liked more GO. The sound was fuller, more musical and analog. I was disappointed with mojo and sold it.

Aug 4, 2016 at 2:14 AM Post #13 of 15

Hey Frank, I'm not sure if you read my review, but I previously stated I thought that GOV2>Mojo.

I plan to retract that soon. Over time, I felt the Mojo was better. To reflect this, I already sold the GOV2 and got the Mojo. Just more portable for one, and I felt it suits even a desktop even more than a GOV2. I also felt the microdetails were better, and the overall presentation more coherent.

Awesome - thanks for the follow up!  (I just saw this).  I really need to get my hands on a Mojo to do a side by side with my gov2+!

When I compared Mojo with Geek (but it was GO450) on FLC8s I definitely liked more GO. The sound was fuller, more musical and analog. I was disappointed with mojo and sold it.

Thanks touok!  My impression with the GOV2+ is that it's a little analytical and loses some of the euphonic musicality in some songs.  I don't think that's particularly wrong, but it would be a turn off for some tastes.  Probably comes down to the Sabre sound.  I'd be interested in running a tube amp as a second stage when I'm in desktop mode.  i suspect with the right amp, it would smooth it out nicely.  I wish the gov2 had unamped output....

Sep 3, 2017 at 12:16 AM Post #15 of 15
Has anyone had a chance to compare the newer GOV2A in balanced to the Mojo?
I have both:
20170825_213540.jpg
The issue is that I thought it would be easy but it's not.
The GOV2A does not give clicking noise when attached to my phone.(like issue I have occasionally with Mojo)

Yet is drains the battery especially in balanced output.
It lasts as long as you want, unlike the Mojo which dies out eventually running off its own battery..
Yet the GOV2A runs dam hot all the time.

For complex musical passages, the GOV2A has excelent Impact, dynamics and authority, but...

The Mojo still is superior in discerning complex passages and image placement,
and Soundstage exceeds the GOV2A.
Its too bad it doesn't run off usb power without second plug,
But the unit does not drain my phone battery and so I still like is better even with occasionall click probably from my phone player issue.

On laptop the both excell beautifully.
I really like both, but eventually the Mojo is just more natural and easier to listen to, especially if your accustomed to dacs that aren't harsh or bright as the dac used in the GOV2A (Lesabre).
The GOV2A does excelent job but it does give a tiny bit of ear fatigue over time as it is a tiny bit bright.

The onboard cheap dac of my phone does not have the finesse of resolution,
But it has the plus that it is a smooth, ALmost dull dac, which helps for the bright harsher popular music of today.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back