Google Android and free software (split from Schiit Happened)
Feb 21, 2014 at 9:29 PM Post #17 of 41
Feb 21, 2014 at 11:45 PM Post #20 of 41
  Maybe it looks like they lost billions at first glance, but it must be those patents were worth something!

Well, they've end up pretty much useless in courts...

Feb 21, 2014 at 11:55 PM Post #21 of 41

Well, they've end up pretty much useless in courts...

The patent office has done a miserable job of granting ridiculous patents. It looks like some of Apple's key patents are headed to the rubbish bin. Unfortunately innovation through litigation has long legs. There is movement to introduce new legislation to rid us of patent trolls.
Yes, so far Motorola's patents haven't been valuable to Google, but you never know what tomorrow brings.
One of the key patents that Apple used to slam Samsung has been discounted by the patent office, Apple can contest that decision but it looks like they're done for. So then, going forward what happens to Apple's massive award from the trial? And now there's more litigation on the way.

Feb 22, 2014 at 12:08 AM Post #24 of 41
How about we take the Google talk to a Member's Lounge thread and leave Jason his space?

Feb 22, 2014 at 12:15 AM Post #25 of 41
  It's been in the news for a long time, the results of trials all over the world.

I know that it's been in the news, LOL. Again, as I had originally said, I don't think Google has been disappointed in the deal. If you have evidence to the contrary, I'd be glad to hear it.

Feb 22, 2014 at 12:18 AM Post #26 of 41
I know that it's been in the news, LOL. Again, as I had originally said, I don't think Google has been disappointed in the deal. If you have evidence to the contrary, I'd be glad to hear to hear it.

You two have turned this great Schiit thread into something completely off topic and frankly utterly boring.
Thanks for your bad Schiit. Now sign off.

Feb 22, 2014 at 12:20 AM Post #27 of 41
How about we take the Google talk to a Member's Lounge thread and leave Jason his space?

Agreed. This thread should just be Jason's blog and nothing else. Any commentary from others should be in a sub-forum probably.

Feb 22, 2014 at 12:24 AM Post #28 of 41
You two have turned this great Schiit thread into something completely off topic and frankly utterly boring.

If you're bored, I guess you might as well sign off.

Feb 22, 2014 at 12:26 AM Post #29 of 41

Learn to state your case politely at it will be received with respect.

Feb 22, 2014 at 12:35 AM Post #30 of 41
Woah.. I think we all should calm down and let the mods clean up the schiit over here...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back