Good Place to Buy Op-Amps
Mar 28, 2007 at 10:57 PM Post #4 of 13
I'm trying to find some opa2107 op-amps. Mouser has them in the DIP8 package, but the minimum order is 50. No thanks. Jameco only has them in the SOIC package and I suck with a soldering iron. Newark will let you buy 4, but the lead time is almost a year. Jeez...where's a guy supposed to get his DIP8 op-amps?
confused.gif

Mar 28, 2007 at 11:55 PM Post #7 of 13
I would be interested in a few as well. PM pending..
tongue.gif

Mar 29, 2007 at 12:20 AM Post #8 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How many do you need?
wink.gif

I need 3 for a Zhaolu 1.3. I ordered 4 from a vendor on Ebay, but it's been almost 2 weeks and they aren't returning my emails...which is why I rarely buy anything from Ebay...

If you have some to sell, I would be grateful!!!!
icon10.gif

Mar 29, 2007 at 7:16 PM Post #9 of 13
Any particular reason for OPA2107?
Its kind of hard to get OP... so why don't you try alternatives?

Anyway... My opinion is...

Digikey has most selection though their price is on little high side and they charge you tax. But their service and delivery is very prompt.

Mouser has a lot of selection too. But they do not have some OPs that digikey has. Sometimes cheaper than Digikey especially for some OPs, TRs and registors. I used to think their service is great, but I rate it "so so" now after one of their representative showed me her attitude at my phone call. Delivery is ok, but always one or two days slower to compare with Digikey. Overally, it still is reliable.

Newark is ok though, they screw up sometimes.

Jameco and partsexpress... I will try them later. Looks like they are for connectors and external parts rather than semiconductors.

Mar 29, 2007 at 8:02 PM Post #10 of 13
Well good luck getting hold of an OPA2107 from mouser or digikey. It's gone non-stock at both and TI have none and there is no lead time or quantity in fab on their site.

Wonder if they're going to drop it ?

Mar 31, 2007 at 9:17 PM Post #12 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by applegd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why OPA2107 is so hot?
smily_headphones1.gif

All opamps have some coloration which leads to listening fatigue. After a while you discover that all songs seem to sound the same. When you get tired of AD8620 you go to LM6171 and then to AD8397 and so on. OPA2107 seems to have a revival now. It has some nice qualities, good soundstage and warm mids.

Mar 31, 2007 at 9:33 PM Post #13 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by NelsonVandal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
All opamps have some coloration which leads to listening fatigue. After a while you discover that all songs seem to sound the same. When you get tired of AD8620 you go to LM6171 and then to AD8397 and so on. OPA2107 seems to have a revival now. It has some nice qualities, good soundstage and warm mids.

Thanks very much for the info!

I see, I have about 9 brand new OPA2107s(DIP8)) left over from telecommunication related projects and still sitting in the TI's original anti-electrostatic pipe. Now they are reserved for my Pimeta.
600smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back