Good IEM under 500 for rock, indie and electronic
Jun 8, 2021 at 1:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

sonitus

New Head-Fier
Hi All,

I understand sound and headphone/in ear are all very subjective and also dependent on musical taste.

I’m looking for a set of IEM under £/$500 price point. I had been looking at campfire audio Polaris 2 but fully sold out.

my current go to ever day are Shure 215 but am looking for something with more depth, warm and complex to get lost into certain albums.

my key go to music
- rock/metal - Tool, Metallica, Ministry, NIN, Rob zombie
- punk/rockabilly/psychobilly - tiger army, Nekromantix
- indie/alternative - oasis, the killers, The XX, Belle & Sebastian,
- electronic - chemical brothers, Robert Leiner

any suggestions be great thanks
Paul
AF Gang

Jun 8, 2021 at 1:39 PM Post #2 of 18
... There's an Audiosense AQ7 for sale for $245 in the classifieds here; even after import duties to Europe that's a crazy deal. (No affiliation). Sadly they will only ship to the US, but they're out there!

Are you willing to buy used, or is this new only? I'm not familiar with euro pricing, so maybe list where you're likely to buy? Is the 500 before or after VAT if you have that?

Jun 8, 2021 at 2:20 PM Post #3 of 18
... There's an Audiosense AQ7 for sale for $245 in the classifieds here; even after import duties to Europe that's a crazy deal. (No affiliation). Sadly they will only ship to the US, but they're out there!

Are you willing to buy used, or is this new only? I'm not familiar with euro pricing, so maybe list where you're likely to buy? Is the 500 before or after VAT if you have that?
Yep I’d be happy to buy used
$500 be before shipping and taxes but would prefer to buy UK or Europe

Jun 10, 2021 at 10:48 AM Post #7 of 18
If you start looking higher end also consider The Custom Art.

Jun 10, 2021 at 10:58 AM Post #8 of 18
If you start looking higher end also consider The Custom Art.
Sadly taxes are more than likely these days in the uk thanks to a certain process recently which probably puts most of CA out of reach now at that price point, but otherwise heartily recommend Ca. You’ve got the new fibae 3x3 at €500 euros on sale, but taxes will take that over.

Jun 10, 2021 at 2:59 PM Post #10 of 18
If you don't mind going for an all ba iem, Dunu SA6 is an excellent option. Then there are moondrop blessing 2/blessing 2 dusk. Blessing 2 dusk has a bit more bass than the b2.
I'll put in another vote the DUNU SA6. Excellent all BA implementation with a very forgiving frequency response. Depending on your preferences, they may be slightly bass-light for EDM, but they do very well with rock / indie / punk. Super comfortable for long listening sessions as well.

Jun 10, 2021 at 5:04 PM Post #11 of 18
I am narrowing down my search next is to find a seller.

The only sellers I can find are outside the UK mainly china Shenzhenaudio looks to have a selection

Anyone had a good experience or know a better supplier or a UK/EU seller?

Appreciating all the solid advice!

Jun 11, 2021 at 8:18 PM Post #12 of 18
Jun 11, 2021 at 8:25 PM Post #13 of 18
Jun 11, 2021 at 8:30 PM Post #14 of 18
I have quite a few IEMs (CF Audio, Empire Ears, 64 Audio, Thie Audio, Kinera) and the Blessing 2 Crinacle is my favorite in the $300 to $1000 price bracket, they punch way above their weight.

Jun 12, 2021 at 4:57 AM Post #15 of 18
I have quite a few IEMs (CF Audio, Empire Ears, 64 Audio, Thie Audio, Kinera) and the Blessing 2 Crinacle is my favorite in the $300 to $1000 price bracket, they punch way above their weight.
The two that are at my comfort and max price points are
Moondrop blessing 2
Moondrop S8

ive not seen a direct comparison review between the b2 and Crinacle version, so may have to compare to really understand the benefit or difference

Users who are viewing this thread

Back