Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Apr 30, 2024 at 2:35 AM Post #62,326 of 62,639
Might be a stupid question, but is the sound quality on a Sony XM5 headphone better than the Aviot ZX1 PNK?
I still own both .. and stopped using 1000XM5 ..as the ZX1-PNK :
->is a bit nearer to decent IEM sound quality than Sony..
-> the Battery playing time is far longer with ZX1-PNK too (by at least 2 hours more)
-> Sony's LC3 codec doesn't increase playing time nore sound quality is not really worth for music.
-> ANC is on par .. and both are far from BT headphones NC power like a Technics A800 in planes or trains

I would say Sony is a good music TWS, more compact so easier to be used for side sleepers.. but that's all.

Apr 30, 2024 at 4:52 AM Post #62,327 of 62,639
I still own both .. and stopped using 1000XM5 ..as the ZX1-PNK :
->is a bit nearer to decent IEM sound quality than Sony..
-> the Battery playing time is far longer with ZX1-PNK too (by at least 2 hours more)
-> Sony's LC3 codec doesn't increase playing time nore sound quality is not really worth for music.
-> ANC is on par .. and both are far from BT headphones NC power like a Technics A800 in planes or trains

I would say Sony is a good music TWS, more compact so easier to be used for side sleepers.. but that's all.
I think he asked about the over-ear headphones? WH-1000XM5?

Apr 30, 2024 at 4:57 AM Post #62,328 of 62,639
I think he asked about the over-ear headphones? WH-1000XM5?
Oups .. I was thinking about TWS because of comparing with ZX1-PNK which is a TWS ..
Sorry for my mistake.
Actually, though I use in planes the Technics A800 .. I prefer the ZX1-PNk too over any BT headphones for musical qualities.. for ANC efficiency modern BT headphones are far ahead.

Apr 30, 2024 at 10:14 AM Post #62,330 of 62,639
Apr 30, 2024 at 10:38 AM Post #62,331 of 62,639
Last edited:
Apr 30, 2024 at 10:46 AM Post #62,332 of 62,639
That's Apple for you...come buy our new Beats TWS. Qi charging case? No. In fact it is a new "no charging" case. Put them back in for five minutes for a quick no charge giving you 0 hours of additional use. Put them back in the case all day and get an astounding 0 hours of additional playback. :face_palm:
Yup, and 18 hours is a lot, but meh. Moving on.

Apr 30, 2024 at 11:13 AM Post #62,333 of 62,639
Funny my Glidic TW-5200 has a case that is a little smaller(I checked the beats specs) and it weighs 2 grams less with a battery in it(20 grams vs. the Beats 22). It can also fit some decently long tips inside the case. They didn't seem to really do anything there except save $$$.

Apr 30, 2024 at 11:18 AM Post #62,334 of 62,639
IMG_9377.jpeg
Same here, loving my ZX.
Only time I get connection issues is when I cross busy places like Shibuya. Tons of other signals there. ANC is spot on for train rides.
They're the only TWS and I pick up anymore, they're utterly fantastic, and their ANC is top notch for commute travel (relatively to other TWS).

Apr 30, 2024 at 11:54 AM Post #62,335 of 62,639
Aviot got back to me.

"For purchases made through Aviot Online Mall, the warranty policy currently requires a Japanese address for warranty claims. This means that if any issues were to arise within the warranty period."

So there is no warranty unless if you have family or friends living within Japan with a physical address you can use.

I crossed them off my list. Moving onto other options to consider.
I am traveling and picked up a pair of TE-ZX1 PNK yesterday after auditioning at a store in in Hong Kong. The warranty was/is a concern but once I listened to them in this store they were so far superior to any TWS I'd heard that I went ahead and purchased. Still getting to know them but sometimes one just has to go for it and thus far very pleased with build and sound quality.😁

BTW sound quality was great out of the box but I once I managed to fit some spinfit CP100's over the somewhat large nozzle, either from this tip roll or with driver/brain burn in I am loving them even more now!

What tips are others using?

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2024 at 12:11 PM Post #62,337 of 62,639
I am traveling and picked up a pair of TE-ZX1 PNK yesterday after auditioning at a store in in Hong Kong. The warranty was/is a concern but once I listened to them in this store they were so far superior to any TWS I'd heard that I went ahead and purchased. Still getting to know them but sometimes one just has to go for it and thus far very pleased with build and sound quality.😁

BTW sound quality was great out of the box but I once I managed to fit some spinfit CP100's over the somewhat large nozzle, either from this tip roll or with driver/brain burn in I am loving them even more now!

What tips are others using?
Awesome! Just curious what other TWS have you heard in the last year or two?

Apr 30, 2024 at 12:35 PM Post #62,338 of 62,639
Awesome! Just curious what other TWS have you heard in the last year or two?
I own hifi dots and Hifiman Svanar Jr., and in Hong Kong also that same day I listened to the Noble fokus triumph and Denon Pearl Pro and much preferred the AVIOT. The Noble sounded a bit trebel emphasized and sibilant to my ears although detail was excellent, and the pearl pro sounded somewhat unnatural in overall presentation.YMMV of course.

Apr 30, 2024 at 1:37 PM Post #62,339 of 62,639

``` What tips are others using?```
``` :popcorn:
I miss the anticipating answers' emoji, eating the popcorn.

I'm using the short-medium tips that came with it. Will try the spinfit max.
Do you use the CP100s with your other TWS'? Wondering how the tips fit on other TWS vs the ZX1?

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2024 at 2:35 PM Post #62,340 of 62,639
I own hifi dots and Hifiman Svanar Jr., and in Hong Kong also that same day I listened to the Noble fokus triumph and Denon Pearl Pro and much preferred the AVIOT. The Noble sounded a bit trebel emphasized and sibilant to my ears although detail was excellent, and the pearl pro sounded somewhat unnatural in overall presentation.YMMV of course.
Thanks. Yeah I keep hearing stories like yours which is why I had to buy them. I do prefer a hybrid IEM and besides a couple Noble products the rest are mostly single DD In the tws scene. Which I love too but I prefer a hybrid or a multi-driver if it has at least a DD for Bass

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back