Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 12, 2022 at 2:11 PM Post #49,325 of 63,187
Have you been living under a rock?

They are good budget brand but tend to have to many new products instead on concentrating on QA.

You sure do have quite a lot to say esp as mostly negative and very opinionated. 😕

Dec 12, 2022 at 2:16 PM Post #49,327 of 63,187
More thoughts on the Cyberblade now that I have some time to sit with them. First thing is the thinness is due to the "booster" system they are using when their "main hub" is connected via USB. Once I switch to Bluetooth, these sound so much better.

Now onto some proper thoughts, some mini review for it! Of course, it has been ages since I wrote any sort of audio review, so be gentle with me on it... :laughing:

1668259259849.png
They sound REALLY good. I think they are actually technically very solid with decent soundstage and instrument separations. Very W sound signature with the Cyberblade. Very strong punchy bass with sparkly trebles and relatively forward mids. The bass is seriously rumbly and got a big oomph but it doesn't bleed to the mids. Of course, knowing that these earphones are designed to be Gamer-First and Audiophile-Second, that's not surprising at all. Overall, it's a very energetic and bright earphone to meet the sort of sounds that gamers usually hear.

Unfortunately, these technical abilities are shot by the fact they don't support LDAC or AptX. So your hi-res music isn't going to get its fullest potential with these.

Fit and design
Very comfortable in my books. Of course, as inspired by Horizon Zero Dawn's focus, the embedded LED in them will turn heads. thankfully you can turn the LEDs off if you don't want to come off as pretentious 😂

I do love the design of it though, it just looks really special in comparison to your usual bud-and-stem approach nowadays.

The packaging is REALLY nice unsurprisingly if you know Angry Miao from the keyboard world, but the accessories are what you'd expect from any earphones. Comes with four silicon tips and three foam tips of different sizes.

ANC performance and noise
There's something interesting about Cyberblade's ANC. This is the first TWS that have listened to that doesn't sound like your ear canals get muffled with ANC. However, I can tell they are working when I am playing music because I can barely hear anything while out on my walk. The wind noise was also very barely noticeable. Didn't even have any stomping sound when walking! I suspect these will do well with running. According to them, it is because it is mixed with environmental feedback and cancellation as well:

One of the hiccups however is that the mic is quite big and nested on top of the earbuds. As a result, when you move the earpiece or if your ears itself brush against the mic, it can create a bit of a warble effect because of the ANC trying to remove that sound. Turning off fixes this, but a TWS earphone without ANC is just sad. Not entirely sure if this is something they can fix. Because otherwise, this ANC is REALLY solid.

Usability:
Some notes about misc. items relating to these earphones.
Pros:
  • Amazing battery life -- 6 hours of straight listening with the earbuds alone. Don't know about the case battery just yet, but considering the size of the case, it should be quite a bit. Their website says that it has 24 hours of listening time in total. Have yet to put that to test though!
Cons:
  • Cyberblade's touch buttons are limited to only ANC, pause/play, previous/next track, and LED. No volume control on it, I find that a little bit annoying. They currently don't have button customization either. I hope they will change that with future firmware
  • Don't have multipoint
  • App still in development, limited as discussed above
  • Case is BIG, very not pocket-friendly
  • Have I mentioned the volume control? There have been way too many times I find myself unable to tweak the volume because I've walked too far from my phone and can't adjust my volume at all.
Vs. TWX9 Comparison:
They are actually technically superior to the TWX9. Of course, these are also an extra $60 with my Kickstarter price compared to how much I paid for my TWX9 in Japanese price. For official price, we seem to be looking at a $50 difference at Cyberblade's retail price ($329) and TWX9 US price ($279). In terms of value per buck, TWX9 is still an excellent choice for its cost. TWX9 is more laidback in comparison to the Cyberblade and that is not necessarily a bad thing! It is more musical and makes for a more enjoyable listen when you want to relax.

Outside of sound, there are also some things I like about TWX9 in terms of usability:
  • More buttons and abilities to control via your earpiece
  • Quick hear through is... just REALLY good. More Bluetooth earphones need this function! I find myself missing this a lot when I am without my TWX9.
  • Pretty much any cons that the Cyberblade has, TWX9 got me covered
Summary
I do like these earphones a lot! These earphones will likely stay in my reservoir and be in my rotation because I have such fun listening to that W-signature. But it is very clear that they made these earphones with gamers in mind instead of audiophiles. Some of the most common functionalities we normally expect a TWS earphone will have at that $329 price point, Cyberblade is clearly missing them. Here's hoping that they will make some updates to the firmware to fix some of those little issues because they are really good actually.
those things look like something out of star wars

Dec 12, 2022 at 2:18 PM Post #49,328 of 63,187
Have you been living under a rock?

They are good budget brand but tend to have to many new products instead on concentrating on QA.

You sure do have quite a lot to say esp as mostly negative and very opinionated. 😕
i didn't say there are no options, im talking about the best of the best in terms of noise cancelling, features, and sound quality. stop bickering and accept that its just an opinion. Try being informed instead of just opinionated

Dec 12, 2022 at 2:36 PM Post #49,330 of 63,187
Good deal (but need add Tax at cart for UK), they are now in Amazon UK but £62.99 then with £15% off voucher
£44.09 at Amazon UK with the voucher code MINIPROHS

Same for the Capsule3 Pro I posted about yesterday, same price. Been testing them today, pretty interesting. Probably the most neutral-sounding Soundpeats release I tried yet.

Dec 12, 2022 at 3:14 PM Post #49,332 of 63,187
Took the deal, hope they fit me as Mini Pro did not, but this has a different shape/sized nozzle.
They don't fit me particularly well, but with M tip on one ear and L on the other they seem to work better. I watched El Jefe talking about them last night and they look totally different in his ears than mine, for me I have to just let them fill the space around my concha....no way they will fit in my ear canal

Dec 12, 2022 at 3:22 PM Post #49,333 of 63,187
Oh and slightly OT, but you might want to consider a pair of these as a potential drummers' monitor. Been test-driving them for the week and I think you could legit use these behind a kit in a pinch. Maybe studio-only, but that's something.

IMG_20210708_203443.jpg

Run a little more than your IT00, but this is probably a good step up for you on the wired side. Let them break in, though. These LCP drivers seem to need it.
those things look like candy, me likeee

Dec 12, 2022 at 5:00 PM Post #49,335 of 63,187
Does the Mini Pro HS have the ability to use transparency mode on one ear? Not having this is a dealbreaker to me as on the 1More Evo.

After about a week with the A40 I think it holds up fairly well for 90$ CAD but I would say that initial impressions can be deceiving. Much of its range is rather veiled except for an 7.5kHz peak (see RTings), which helps bring things to life but is also rather thin and shrill.

The Linkbuds S seems to have the potential to sound better but bringing up the treble with the app makes it sound papery and borders on clipping.

I don't know about other budget brands at the moment but I think Soundcore still trails behind considerably in terms of ANC tech compared to the big brands. Their ANC (so far I've tried Q30, Liberty 3 Pro, Q45 and Space A40) does well for low droning frequencies but struggles a lot in some mid-high frequencies like fan noises.

On the flipside when I had the Earfun Free Pro its ANC was great for indoor fan noises but awful for everything else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back