Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 6, 2021 at 1:28 PM Post #28,156 of 63,196
New Jabees Vintage. It seems to be just firefly.2 with BT5.2 and AptX. There's no ANC ("noise cancellation" refers to Environmental Noise Cancellation for calls), and also no telling if the USB-C port is "real" or not (it wasn't on the firefly.2 or Firefly Pro)
https://www.jabees.com/products/fir...wireless-earbuds-featuring-noise-cancellation

It is extremely unlikely as according to the specs they are using the Qualcomm QCC3020 which doesn't natively support ANC. If they had another additional chip to support ANC like the Echo Buds then it may be possible but that is not on the spec sheet so you can assume it won't happen.
Jabra 75t uses QCC5126 which supports ANC (feedforward and feedback, but not hybrid). The 85t has its own ANC chip on top of QCC5126. Both should have the capability of AptX and single-earbud usage which Jabra hasn't bothered with. Vivo's TWS uses the same chip and has AptX and multipoint but no ANC.

Earfun free pro. Subwoofer-rish bassy sound with clear highs and slightly recessed mids. The case is tiny and is still able to accommodate most tips comfortably. It has wireless charging and real usb-c port too.
Any eartip recommendations? My "classical IEM" eartips from Audio-Technica don't fit that well though. Maybe I can break them in but initially at least they push the case out very slightly. What I find is that the better-sealing third-party eartips tend to break/loosen the fit. The 1More ANC red eartips are a good alternative, like Sony hybrid eartips. They have the same oval form factor and sound a bit more-forward/less boomy, but are also more uncomfortable. So far they're the only earbuds that stay in my ears when dancing.

The touch controls are okay but sometimes register double-taps as triple-taps and vice-versa. Also wish there was a way to use ambient sound when only wearing them in one ear (other than putting the bud in your pocket/leaving the case open)

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2021 at 2:55 PM Post #28,157 of 63,196
If you are sensitive to hiss, you may want to order the new Melomania Touch from Amazon for ease of return. Mine showed up today, and the background hiss is far too noticeable in my book (aptx, Pixel5). Once music starts, it's fine, but any silence in the music, or between tracks, it's present. I am going to give them a few days, but these may go to a family member. If you can hear still hear 12-18K, you are definitely going to need tweak the eq, as these are very bass and mid focused, OUT THE BOX. Things may change over a few hours, and this isn't necessarily a bad response.

No need to rush out and order them, I guess is what I am saying. They are extremely comfortable though. The added changeable ear attachments are cool. The latest firmware is 1.8.

Jan 6, 2021 at 3:23 PM Post #28,158 of 63,196
Jabra 75t uses QCC5126 which supports ANC (feedforward and feedback, but not hybrid). The 85t has its own ANC chip on top of QCC5126. Both should have the capability of AptX and single-earbud usage which Jabra hasn't bothered with. Vivo's TWS uses the same chip and has AptX and multipoint but no ANC.
In engineering there are always trade offs. I’m going to make an educated guess here as to what they were thinking.
  • We want to make it easy to connect (compare with Melomania Touch and Devialet Gemini) and we don’t see enough phones supporting Qualcomm specific connectivity. The trade off is master/slave but single item in the Bluetooth list.
  • We only have 5 hours with ANC and if we turn on AptX then it will drop to 3.5, and we feel that is too low.
  • We want to connect to two phones at once which we can only do with SBC and (maybe) AAC and think this is a unique feature... Multipoint today is a “very hard” problem in current Bluetooth, not so in LE-Audio...
Alternatively, as a company Jabra want to remain independent of Chip supplier so decided not to use technology tied to one supplier e.g AptX...You see that issue with Sony between the 1000XM3 and XM4 dropping AptX.

I don’t know the exact answer but I’m sure that Danish GN group/Jabra engineers had lots of discussion over these trade offs...

Jan 6, 2021 at 4:00 PM Post #28,159 of 63,196
No hiss on my MT unit. Dead silent. Using it with iphone Xmax.
I have no major complains so far and I don't want to nit pick.
Sound quality is awesome.
Comfort is awesome. They remind me of my customs I used to have.
Very well thought piece of engineering.

Jan 6, 2021 at 5:14 PM Post #28,161 of 63,196
Jan 6, 2021 at 5:56 PM Post #28,162 of 63,196
Bose is a ripoff imo.. Sony has them beat across the board.

I hope Sony answers with their new buds of similar style to replace the old Xperia Duo otherwise there is nothing else that is open and doesn't go in the ear. The old Sony still does go in the ear like a donut and could use updating on that design.
1609973588845.png

New Earin is up... https://earin.com/product/earin-a-3/?attribute_pa_color=silver
"Smallest and lightest in the world"
1609973763526.png

1609974026327.png

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2021 at 6:21 PM Post #28,163 of 63,196
I hope Sony answers with their new buds of similar style to replace the old Xperia Duo otherwise there is nothing else that is open and doesn't go in the ear. The old Sony still does go in the ear like a donut and could use refining on that design.
1609973588845.png

New Earin is up... https://earin.com/product/earin-a-3/?attribute_pa_color=silver
"Smallest and lightest on the market"
1609973763526.png
1609974026327.png
I can't wait tell they release some more info on the A3.

I still have the M2 but I never use them and could never part with them either.

Jan 6, 2021 at 6:30 PM Post #28,164 of 63,196
I can't wait tell they release some more info on the A3.

Did you click the link? :) Not sure we are gonna get more info as it is mostly all there except for the actual release date. Figure if the Kickstarter is Jan. 14th then 2 months after is a safe bet. They said Amazon and other retailers in a few months.

Jan 6, 2021 at 7:19 PM Post #28,165 of 63,196
Jan 6, 2021 at 8:38 PM Post #28,166 of 63,196
Have to say just got the 85t and found that I can add the Comply SmartCore Audio Pro tips I had lying around at least for the left side which was the side I didn't have as a good a fit and wow.

Fit is very good. Sound is slightly different bit up there with the Sony. Some songs Sony sounds better others the Jabra.
I can get the Jabra to sound like the Technics with some EQing. Yet it has the added bass those buds are missing. AmC is great and it controls everything from the buds.
Only thing they got rid of and I don't like is the bid can turn ANC or ambient on and toggle between but to turn off need to go to app.

Otherwise there might be best all around but for comfort sound ANC wireless charging price with an IP rating!

Jan 6, 2021 at 8:53 PM Post #28,167 of 63,196
Did you click the link? :) Not sure we are gonna get more info as it is mostly all there except for the actual release date. Figure if the Kickstarter is Jan. 14th then 2 months after is a safe bet. They said Amazon and other retailers in a few months.
Yep, I read everything before and watched a short YouTube video on it. What I should had said was actual usage info.

Jan 6, 2021 at 11:46 PM Post #28,168 of 63,196
The Melomania Touch are probably one of the most frustrating TWS I've ever used. Mainly because they sound absolutely brilliant, but now I cannot connect the right earbud to my phone, when it was working fine two hours ago. I haven't change anything, so I'm not entirely sure why it's not working now.

Jan 6, 2021 at 11:58 PM Post #28,169 of 63,196
The Melomania Touch are probably one of the most frustrating TWS I've ever used. Mainly because they sound absolutely brilliant, but now I cannot connect the right earbud to my phone, when it was working fine two hours ago. I haven't change anything, so I'm not entirely sure why it's not working now.

The ghosts of PSB M4U TW1 that sounded amazing but boy pairing them and tech sucked.

Jan 7, 2021 at 12:21 AM Post #28,170 of 63,196
I am very grateful for everyone who has replied to me about my search for comfy IEMs, thank you. I bought a Bose pair now and will give them a go. I am still determined to hang onto my Jabra 85t due to sound and general good stuff about them but I notice that they have a really weird oval ear tip, no idea where I can get foams for this in the UK?!!

Furthermore if an ear phone hurts after 1 hour of usage, it's always going to be like huh.
Well I was in same boat but for fun I tried stretching my older Comply SmartCore Audio Pro tips I had lying around on the right tip which was too small so poor fit and seal and wow it took a bit of finesse but went in and is snug. Fit is great and I am really enjoying the sound after EQing the bass down a bit and treble up.
Sounds like a slightly warmer more Bass version of the Technics and not too different from the XM3. They are airier and better soundstage and spacious feeling compared to the 75t.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back