Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 11, 2019 at 7:33 AM Post #11,701 of 62,963
Got to spend plenty of time this past weekend with the Tranya B530's. Here is a quick hit list of thoughts about them, and some contrasts with the MPow T5's from my perspective...

- The sound quality is very balanced across the audio spectrum, articulate mids and highs - better than the T5's
- The fit and build quality are excellent, on par with T5's
- I like the see-through case, but the lid feels like it will only open/close a limited number of times before it comes off, T5's case is better overall
- Touch controls work great, except when running. When running, I find any type of touch control less positive and when I am sweating and working hard, it's a pain to get my tap technique perfect, especially on a moving target. The T5's tactile controls work better for me in that situation
- BT connectivity outdoors when running is really key for me, as I use music to dictate my cadence - so the next beat has to be there, reliably. To make things more challenging, I use a Garmin watch as my audio source, and it does not have a strong signal like my phone has. When running I find the B530's to have far more drop-outs than the T5's. In a 50-minute workout, the T5's may drop once - sometimes not at all. maybe. But the B530's can't seem to go more than a couple of minutes without drop-outs. For me, I can't use them when running, the T5's will need to be my go-to. For reference, I always pair outdoors in the environment that I will be in, in the event that BT 5.0 is calibrating signal strength during pairing/handshake.

I wonder if this is a Realtek vs QualComm thing?
Maybe I should try a reset?

*edit*
I tried a reset per the manual. No dice.
Either my B530's are defective in some way, or they just can't match the BT performance of the MPow T5's, or other non-TWS earbuds I've used for running with a Garmin watch.

Finished the B530 beta process. Tranya was great to work with.

I think the B530's sound great, but the inability to use them when active outdoors (running, gardening) due to BT drop-outs is a significant drawback for me. Tranya believes that it's just a defective set and to their credit, they offered to replace them. I'll report back when I swap these out for another pair.

Sep 11, 2019 at 7:47 AM Post #11,702 of 62,963

I think the B530's sound great, but the inability to use them when active outdoors (running, gardening) due to BT drop-outs is a significant drawback for me. Tranya believes that it's just a defective set and to their credit, they offered to replace them. I'll report back when I swap these out for another pair.

Nice summation. I’ve had zero BT dropouts thus far. I’ve worked out indoors for a few hrs..and walked the dog around the block and did some work in the yard. I can’t speak to running outdoors.
I did add some Comply foam tips....I ordered their new ones marketed specifically for TWS...they are shorter and easily fit in the charging case. I got the ones that fit the Galaxy buds(read on another forum they fit Tranya). So far very good.

Sep 11, 2019 at 8:13 AM Post #11,703 of 62,963

It must be, because I haven't had any problems at all. I walk the dogs and have done yard work with my phone sitting on a table, and have had zero dropouts. That's great that they're going to replace them, hopefully that fixes things.

Sep 11, 2019 at 10:15 AM Post #11,704 of 62,963
Hi, I'm looking for a first TWS pair in the 100-150$ range.

I was thinking to get the Galaxy Buds after the short Crinacle review, but their battery life isn't that great with the case.
What else do you recommend?
I'm looking for at least 6 hrs battery life on a charge + 2 or 3 charge with the case, great BT stability, and best SQ within the budget.

The Sony 1000xm3 look great but I don't want to spend that much on my first TWS pair.
I can get the Sennheiser MTW for €150 but their battery life is terrible and there are issues with the case that hasn't been fixed with firmware updates.

I'm pretty lost at the moment. Thanks for your help :grinning:

The Back Bay Duet 50 meets your wishes very well!

Sep 11, 2019 at 10:31 AM Post #11,706 of 62,963
OFUSHO F16 are pretty awesome, nice clean sound, good bass, solid case, great build quality, nicer than anbes 359 and tranya t3 honestly. battery is super long lasting, longer that any other tw I have. I just cant get a good fit comfortable fit, I need my buds to have longer sound tubes like the anbes 359, the tranya t3. if anyone is interested in trading let me know. I would be interested in the tranya b530 let me know.

Sep 11, 2019 at 11:03 AM Post #11,707 of 62,963
What's a good flush fitting iem? Been looking at the Sabbat E12 but see they've just released the ultra. Are there any others to consider? Can't decide whether to go TWS or something like the ME6 pro with a Bluetooth receiver.

Sep 11, 2019 at 11:06 AM Post #11,708 of 62,963
"willyk, post: 15180984, member: 341900"]Finished the B530 beta process. Tranya was great to work with.

I've had 0 dropouts in connection with mine while mowing and working in the yard.

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2019 at 12:37 PM Post #11,709 of 62,963
What's a good flush fitting iem? Been looking at the Sabbat E12 but see they've just released the ultra. Are there any others to consider? Can't decide whether to go TWS or something like the ME6 pro with a Bluetooth receiver.

Depending what you're planning to use it for, but try the mifo O5 or the Shanling MTW100 (I believe they have nearly identical shapes, though not 100% sure)
The Anbes 359 / Kissral R18 are also pretty flush for me.

Sep 11, 2019 at 12:44 PM Post #11,710 of 62,963
I had problems with them two at first, I followed the reset instructions, I think you have to cradle them? or just power them on until you hear reset, then wait like 15-20 seconds, then put them right next to each other and power them on. make sure BT is off on your device.
Yep did that over five times yeste. Contacted Ida and Amazon about replacement. Not working on the left side only right side. Was great connecting with all my device. Not sure what happened. Could be faulty too cause only gives me five hours of battery. They are rated at 6-8hrs.
I had problems with them two at first, I followed the reset instructions, I think you have to cradle them? or just power them on until you hear reset, then wait like 15-20 seconds, then put them right next to each other and power them on. make sure BT is off on your device.

Yep did that over five times yesterday. Contacted Ida and Amazon about replacement. Not working on the left side only right side. Was great connecting with all my device. Not sure what happened. Could be faulty too cause only gives me five hours of battery. They are rated at 6-8hrs. Let's see what happens.

Sep 11, 2019 at 1:07 PM Post #11,711 of 62,963
The Back Bay Duet 50 meets your wishes very well!
Hi, I'm looking for a first TWS pair in the 100-150$ range.

I was thinking to get the Galaxy Buds after the short Crinacle review, but their battery life isn't that great with the case.
What else do you recommend?
I'm looking for at least 6 hrs battery life on a charge + 2 or 3 charge with the case, great BT stability, and best SQ within the budget.

The Sony 1000xm3 look great but I don't want to spend that much on my first TWS pair.
I can get the Sennheiser MTW for €150 but their battery life is terrible and there are issues with the case that hasn't been fixed with firmware updates.

I'm pretty lost at the moment. Thanks for your help :grinning:
I had the BB Duet's for 2 weeks and they are a great TWS' in every aspect except for sound quality. They have almost no bass and they just don't sound exciting at all. Even with Aptx, they just sounded ok. Great if all you do is listen to audio books. The MPOW T5, Tranya T3, Tranya B530, and Anbes 359, and the OFUSHU F16 all sound better and have volume control ipx 4 and above ratings and are in the same price range.

Sep 11, 2019 at 1:09 PM Post #11,712 of 62,963
Glad to help.
Keep in mind how the signal will get to the DAC - if it's AAC to the DAC anyway you're just adding even more compression.
Good point, so streaming directly from the device is probably the best option. What about amplifiers? do they work via BT? or is that handled on the BT chip itself as well? I'm assuming yes.

Sep 11, 2019 at 1:22 PM Post #11,713 of 62,963
Good point, so streaming directly from the device is probably the best option. What about amplifiers? do they work via BT? or is that handled on the BT chip itself as well? I'm assuming yes.

The amp would be in the final device that's producing the sound, so on the TWS only. That said, the DAC that's built in to the chipset likely doesn't need further amplification.

High quality Bluetooth receivers use separate dedicated chipset for the DAC to further improve audio quality. But that's not something you'll see on TWS.

Sep 11, 2019 at 1:25 PM Post #11,714 of 62,963
Anyone has any experience with kayinuo wireless. I was browsing ali and they have a few models that are interesting. One is a 14 mm graphene dd and the other I was looking at is 11mm dlc dd. Sorry I tried to look for model numbers but they didnt have any

Sep 11, 2019 at 1:31 PM Post #11,715 of 62,963
Just... wow... this thread is a long one! Took me several days to read through it all.

Glad to see head fi'ers actively reviewing quite a few of the tws chi-fi products out there. I really appreciate it. I dropped out of my IEM hobby after trinity went belly up and have since been happy with over-ear anc (bose and sony variants). But I've always preferred earphones (glasses and sweaty ears make headphones less appealing).

I went ahead and ordered (most have come in) the following:
- mpow t5
- kissral r18 (sp?)
- tranya t3
- haylou gt1
- mifo 05
- taotronics soundliberty 53
- mifo 02
- fiio btr03 (for my wired iems)

I'm really ecstatic to see that the quality of TWS earphones are miles ahead of what it was a year or 2 ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back