Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 15, 2019 at 5:50 AM Post #5,536 of 62,809
I get that most of you are buying wireless earphones more expensive than the QCY QS1/ T1C. To each his own of course, but I would suggest to just go out and spend that 20 dollar on the QCY first.

The soundstage isn't the biggest, but they sound really balanced and clear, with a good amount of detail and treble and a supportive bass that doesn't overpower any other frequencies.

I think the sound is better than many of the 60+ affordable Chinese wired earphones I own.
Agree with this wholeheartedly.

Mar 15, 2019 at 6:42 AM Post #5,537 of 62,809
Really? Did you test them?
Reviews I’ve read seem to be mentioning pretty decent audio quality (better that the Jabra which are not much cheaper), and also above average battery life and Bluetooth connectivity. Weak points I’ve seen mentioned are poor mic, lack of Aptx support, lack of transparent hearing mode, lack of app for advanced settings, and slightly fiddly controls. So I was thinking they might be a good option for iOS users who are mostly after solid connection and good audio and don’t care about other features.

What better performer would you recommend at the same price point?
It may be down to luck a bit (I seem to remember something about earlier units being dodgy) but I wasn't happy with the connection quality of the pair I bought. They would cut out in one ear pretty frequently (only for a fraction of a second but it was still annoying). My mum (who I bought them for) has pretty low standards for tech so she doesn't mind but if they were mine I would have returned them. SQ-wise they were fine but not very engaging, slightly muffled perhaps. Tbh I last used them at Christmas so it's been a while. The mic is okay in quiet environments but doesn't work at all when there's a lot of background noise (but that's to be expected with TWEs at this point in time).

I posted a review of the Mifo o5 a few posts back which is the only other pair I have experience with to comment on and something I would personally recommend over the RHAs.

Mar 15, 2019 at 7:03 AM Post #5,538 of 62,809
My RHA has similar small cutouts and I had actually initiated an exchange with RHA (who were ready to give very good support, BTW), but my wife found that acceptable and she is using it to her satisfaction. Bingo on the mic experience as well...

I want to reiterate what I told earlier ITT about the mic quality on the Sabbat X12. It is really good. Much better than the other bluetooth devices I have used, RHA, Bose Quiet Control, Klipsch R6 bluetooth, Jabra Halo smart, VAVA moov, Byron BT. The Sabbat is usable in noisy environments where none of the other products could be used at all. I have used the Sabbats dozens of times in very loud environments and I did not receive any complaint from the other end of the call.

Mar 15, 2019 at 10:53 AM Post #5,539 of 62,809
Mar 15, 2019 at 12:50 PM Post #5,540 of 62,809
Last edited:
Mar 15, 2019 at 1:10 PM Post #5,541 of 62,809
Yeah, I think they're a substantial step up in sound from the AirPods. Lots more detail/clarity. I like the balance/tuning of the RHA more too—for me (people's impressions of the AirPods seem to differ a good bit depending on fit), the AirPods are bloated in the mid/high bass, and lack some high frequency response, in particularly the sparkly/airy bits. The RHA is much better in those areas.

The AirPods of course have an edge in usability and convenience, but you probably knew that.

It does sound like we were making a similar decision. I don't spend nearly as much as I used to on headphones, so I'll be perfectly happy if something comes along and makes me want to upgrade from the Sennheisers in a year or two. But I I could have easily gone the other way and spent less. For me, my listening time is limited enough that I wanted something above a certain quality threshold to make the most of it, which is a bar the Sennheisers reach. But if I was less lazy about using wired headphones (something I blame on the AirPods), I might have kept the RHA instead. I actually felt bad sending them back, given so many people had trouble getting a set without dropout issues.

(As others suggested you might want to look at the various Chinese options for better values, that's a lot to sort through and I can certainly see going for a better-known brand.)

Thanks, excellent feedback. Since you’ve had both, can I also ask which one you found better in terms of isolation (I would
use them on busy streets and sometimes on short flights).

Mar 15, 2019 at 2:44 PM Post #5,542 of 62,809
I've updated my article on best cheap wireless earphones, for those of you interested. :)

Have you tried fitting some earbud foams to the Sabbat X12 pro? I had earpod/airpod shaped earbuds and they were lacking bass until I slipped a foam cover over them.

Also, ordered some QCY QS1/T1C buds to try since the praise seems to be steadily positive.

Mar 15, 2019 at 3:53 PM Post #5,543 of 62,809
Yes the little foams help a lot, more than the silicon AirPod sleeves. They also give more than 5 hours, more like 7 and with their "permanent transparency" mode they qualify in my book as the best outdoor sports TWs. Their mic is great too and they can work in mono left/right.

Mar 15, 2019 at 9:25 PM Post #5,544 of 62,809
Mar 15, 2019 at 10:33 PM Post #5,545 of 62,809
just want to make sure: can this connect to two devices at once? so far the only TWS that i had that can do this is only the Jabra (and Bose that I've heard)
I'm not sure, but I don't think so. These connect so fast then any other I have. Maybe you can ask on the Amazon question page. I only connect to one device on at a time and they connect together super fast. For the price and features you can't beat it. Thus far no disconnection at all when using them.

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2019 at 12:49 AM Post #5,546 of 62,809
Thanks, excellent feedback. Since you’ve had both, can I also ask which one you found better in terms of isolation (I would
use them on busy streets and sometimes on short flights).

I didn’t compare them directly, but I think they’re pretty close. Neither is as isolating as traditional IEM designs; both more isolating than AirPods. Both provided some isolation without music playing, and outside noise didn’t bother me much with music. Probably depends mostly on how well each fits your ears. Probably not a factor to influence your decision—although the Sennheiser’s ambient mode does give some flexibility, which is nice.

Mar 16, 2019 at 3:04 AM Post #5,547 of 62,809
jabra elites are $152 on amazon now and active version is $159.

i doubt i will be worrying about sennheiser momentums anytime soon as at double the price, i highly doubt sound quality is that much better.

Mar 16, 2019 at 8:22 AM Post #5,548 of 62,809
i doubt i will be worrying about sennheiser momentums anytime soon as at double the price, i highly doubt sound quality is that much better.

It absolutely is that much better. Whether it’s worth 2x the cost is up to you but there is no comparison sq wise. Elites are average at best.

Mar 16, 2019 at 11:31 AM Post #5,549 of 62,809
All I know is from very, very short testing, is that de QCY QS1 absolutely kills the cheapest Jabra too. For 20 dollar. Man - I love it so much. Mostly listening to it for commuting, but having it in relaxed on the couch now and it's so, so good on iPhone. The tonality is just spot on, the bass is nice and there's such a sweet amount of detail. Incredible for this price.

Mar 16, 2019 at 12:34 PM Post #5,550 of 62,809
Regarding the QCY T1C: does anybody know which/if any Comply tips fit on them?
On the Comply site there is only the QY11 model mentioned which can be paired with the 500s tips. Not sure though if those tips will also fit on the T1C.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back