Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
May 10, 2024 at 10:56 AM Post #62,521 of 62,728
I'm still hoping someone can briefly compare the aviot zx1, mystique, triumph, and the prestige for the hell of it!Someone offered me used prestige for a great price (little bit past my budget but it's very compelling).

With mystique and triumph so close in price, I might just eliminate the mystique. Ten bucks is nothing.
I'd love that too. Having owned most of Noble's TWS and still having unopened ZX1's for sale. Don't have Noble's anymorebut the itch for trying ZX1's is growing..

Last edited:
May 10, 2024 at 11:30 AM Post #62,522 of 62,728
I thought Iphone can only do AAC? For LDAC, I don't really care much about it, too much power consumption and latency kinda sucks. I would prefer to have AptX Adaptive, but the SBC now is pretty good.
If you want to have all codec, the Noble Triumph iirc has all of them (AptX adaptive, LDAC, etc).
Sorry, a little misguided post from me.
I just meant that a so good and expensive TWS deserves more than both SBC and AAC...
I use the BT-W5 with my iPhone 15, so I would just buy quality/expensive TWS with aptX Adaptive just now.
Just now it's MTW4 with aptX Adaptive and Airpods Pro 2 for daily use with AAC, for me...

May 10, 2024 at 12:20 PM Post #62,523 of 62,728
I had the chance to use the ZX1 in Starbucks today and the ANC is quite good. It completely erases the background noise/hum and some of the high frequency (people talking, etc). Even without ANC, the passive isolation is already pretty good imho so I just use it without ANC. With music/video playing, the sound is clear without needing ANC.
Plenty of headroom in volume too.

Last edited:
May 10, 2024 at 12:20 PM Post #62,524 of 62,728
I get 2 days with one charge (not talking about the case) on my Soundpeats Opera05's via LDAC @ 16/44.1 with a mix of ANC/AMB/OFF, even if I do not power them off at bedtime so leave them connected to my phone.

I tried this with my FiiO FW5's (aptX on my phone) and got 5.5 hours.

Last edited:
May 10, 2024 at 12:29 PM Post #62,525 of 62,728
Could you please tell me what ear tips you have on your Aviots? Thanks!
I don't recall what tips were on in the photo but I have now settled on Eletech Baroque. Fit well and very balanced sound.

May 10, 2024 at 12:30 PM Post #62,526 of 62,728
I am using LDAC on my phone. SBC works perfectly fine on my PC. I have downloaded the Alt A2DP, we'll see how it goes.
I haven't been able to get Alt A2DP to work on my PC. If you are successful and find any specific techniques that enable this, please share. Thanks!

May 10, 2024 at 12:40 PM Post #62,527 of 62,728
Well the XM5 are going back... these things are flaky flaky flaky and when I check online all of my issues are out there and Sony has no fixes..

I do like their sound but no way I am living with this many bugs. They make the Elite 10 look good in this regard. Those just work... can't say that about the XM5.

Actually I am feeling they are more flaky than several of the TWS I own(ed) including past Sony products. Definitely a strike out for Sony.

May 10, 2024 at 12:40 PM Post #62,528 of 62,728
I'm still hoping someone can briefly compare the aviot zx1, mystique, triumph, and the prestige for the hell of it!Someone offered me used prestige for a great price (little bit past my budget but it's very compelling).

With mystique and triumph so close in price, I might just eliminate the mystique. Ten bucks is nothing.
I compared the TE-ZX1-PNK and Triumph in the Hong Kong store where I ultimately purchased TE-ZX1-PNK. The Triumph was superior in detail retrieval and treble extension, likely due to the MEMS driver, but I did find them too treble focused and a bit fatiguing. The TE-ZX1-PNK were much better balanced across the frequency spectrum, MUCH more musical / euphonic, and were not very far behind in detail retrieval and perceived technicalities. Overall the beauty in the center was a clear preference for me. :smile_phones:

Aviot TE-ZX1, PNK Version & Noble FoKus Triumph at ECT.com.hk, #1.jpg

May 10, 2024 at 12:46 PM Post #62,529 of 62,728
I haven't been able to get Alt A2DP to work on my PC. If you are successful and find any specific techniques that enable this, please share. Thanks!
What type of Lappy/PC and WIFI/BT Chipset (i.e. Intel AX200 / AX210 / BE200) etc?

To support all its tweaked Codecs it needs be Win 11 (beyond a certain build AFAIK but recent latest update should be fine).

As I posted a few days ago:

Codecs.png

Last edited:
May 10, 2024 at 12:50 PM Post #62,530 of 62,728
I just download it and install. It automatically detect my ZX1 and choose LDAC for the codec. I did pay for the license tho.

May 10, 2024 at 1:12 PM Post #62,532 of 62,728
Just to be clear, I did buy a returned pair of XM5, so they might actually be defective which is why they were returned the first time. But reading online all of my issues have been reported by other people and Sony seems to have no solutions. So I am going to just assume getting a different pair will not fix everything I am experiencing.

To me it's like Sony has gotten so fixated on software related features they are starting to fail due to the complexity. Meanwhile the meat and potatoes of what makes a good TWS are stagnating so everyone is catching up or passing them for sound quality and ANC, etc.

Last edited:
May 10, 2024 at 1:16 PM Post #62,533 of 62,728
So, here is my early impression of Aviot TE-ZX1 PNK:
- Fit is very good for my ears, very comfortable despite having a pretty chunky body.
- The case feels nice. The plastic feels premium.
- The sound is really good. Bass is quite detailed and textured. It has planar type bass which is fast, clean, punchy but has slam too, although not as hard as DD.
- Mid is a bit laid back, but vocal is clear and detailed.
- Treble has that splashy sound to it especially cymbals. I haven't experienced any sibilance yet.
- Connection has been solid to my Creative BT-W5 using SBC.
Good to hear! Do you have other tws you can compare it to? Nothing detailed but just brief comparison . Thanks

May 10, 2024 at 1:22 PM Post #62,534 of 62,728
SBC? :confounded: That's not the way to treat an expensive and "high-end" TWS?
I see now that the Aviots have "only" LDAC, AAC and SBC... so not for me, my iPhone and BT-W5 then...
I thought so too. AAC from my iPhone to the ZX1 sounds better than my Astell & Kern 240 balanced wired connection feeding Noble Encore customs. Granted the A&K/Encore is old tech but still. If I did not want to SEE the codecs being transmitted, and could get the idea of hi res codecs out of my head, the iPhone/ZX1 is excellent and easy to use.

Last edited:
May 10, 2024 at 1:23 PM Post #62,535 of 62,728
Good to hear! Do you have other tws you can compare it to? Nothing detailed but just brief comparison . Thanks
I have DPP, TWX9, Noble H-ANC and Galaxy buds 2 pro

Users who are viewing this thread

Back