Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Apr 16, 2024 at 12:47 PM Post #61,908 of 62,675
I don't think that's right. I haven't found the go pods to be bulky at all. I'd call it a push. I find them to be more comfortable.
The Go pods themselves aren't bulky but the case is the bulky part. It also feels cheaply made, it feels more designed to sit on a desk versus be on the go. The shure tw2 overall package is definitely more portable. it is not a push.

Had both

Apr 16, 2024 at 12:51 PM Post #61,910 of 62,675
The Go pods themselves aren't bulky but the case is the bulky part. It also feels cheaply made, it feels more designed to sit on a desk versus be on the go. The shure tw2 overall package is definitely more portable. it is not a push.

Had both
Who cares about the case? I care about the sound. The go pods sound better and perform better and the buds themselves are arguably smaller, more lightweight, more flexible and more comfortable. If the OP cares about the case, sure get the Shure. If he cares about performance, get the Go Pods.

Apr 16, 2024 at 12:53 PM Post #61,911 of 62,675
Interested in the noble fokus triumph too but is it correct that they don't have ANC?
I have Noble Focus ANC and their passive isolation is on another level than any TWS I've own. I recently went on 30+ hours long flight and never used the ANC and still get a good sound without too much background noise from the engine.

Apr 16, 2024 at 1:00 PM Post #61,912 of 62,675
I don't think that's right. I haven't found the go pods to be bulky at all. I'd call it a push. I find them to be more comfortable.
I would think it's safe to assume that he is talking about the overall package not just the buds part. And yes, the overall go pod package is bulky. For $400 that case size and quality is kind of offensive.

I mean the buds don't look bulky, I fail to see how anyone would think that, so I speak of the overall package, which includes the case.

Who cares about the case? I care about the sound.

and why would nobody care about the case? maybe you don't, but certainly it's very reasonable other people can. as in they may want to use a portable product with the word GO in it, like, on the go.

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2024 at 1:12 PM Post #61,913 of 62,675
I would think it's safe to assume that he is talking about the overall package not just the buds part. And yes, the overall go pod package is bulky. For $400 that case size and quality is kind of offensive.

I mean the buds don't look bulky, I fail to see how anyone would think that, so I speak of the overall package, which includes the case.

and why would nobody care about the case? maybe you don't, but certainly it's very reasonable other people can. as in they may want to use a portable product with the word GO in it, like, on the go.
Neither case fits in your pocket so you need another option like a backpack anyway. So why not just get the best performance. Anyway I have no interest in arguing with you. I posted my opinions. OP can do what he wants with my response.

Apr 16, 2024 at 1:17 PM Post #61,914 of 62,675
Neither case fits in your pocket so you need another option like a backpack anyway. So why not just get the best performance. Anyway I have no interest in arguing with you. I posted my opinions. OP can do what he wants with my response.
Well you might need a backpack for the go pod case but you can use a real small sling for the shure tw2 case, I can tell you that. I am a bag nerd and have like 12 backpacks and 6 slings and spend too much money on that little hobby, though I've been good for a while. Carryology is a group of bag nerds like me, always looking for the best way to carry EDC loadouts or travel loadouts or whatever.

I'm always on the go here as I live in a walkable urban area, and use mass transit often in and around NYC. So I'm always looking for great on the go solutions for lots of things, including my music. Size efficiency on the go is important. The Go Pods failed this test miserably, whereas the Shure TW2 passed. I'm not the only one who lives in urban environments that wants to lug around as least as possible with a certain performance to size ratio. Perhaps you think my experience, which is quite common (lots of us live in walkable cities), is not relevant?

I'm not trying to argue, you are the one saying who gives a crap about a case like it should apply to all. I said that's just fine if you or others don't care, but some people do. I'm just saying some people care about things like portability, and because I'm giving a different point of view, you are calling me argumentative.

p.s. the senn MTW are correctly criticized for the case size, so this is nothing new. Why should the go pods be immune to the same criticism?

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2024 at 1:21 PM Post #61,915 of 62,675
I tried them again and this time with the ANC. I felt a slight pain initially, but my ears got used to it, it does actually reduce the noise a tiny bit, but when music is playing it's not very obvious. I decreased the treble even more with EQ (Foobar2000, the Sound Me App still doesn't work) and got them to a level where they're listenable. They still make my ears very sore with the smaller foam tips so not necessarily daily driver material (personal problem). I agree with the shells being very plasticky and very slippery, I have a hard time getting them out of the case and dropped one of them already. They could be good, but not for me unfortunately.

ps. The first thing everyone at work commented on was their size and how uncomfortable they must be lol.
You might not get a decent seal. Usually when you don't have a good seal, the treble is accentuated even more than it is.

Apr 16, 2024 at 1:30 PM Post #61,916 of 62,675
Well you might need a backpack for the go pod case but you can use a real small sling for the shure tw2 case, I can tell you that. I am a bag nerd and have like 12 backpacks and 6 slings and spend too much money on that little hobby, though I've been good for a while. Carryology is a group of bag nerds like me, always looking for the best way to carry EDC loadouts or travel loadouts or whatever.

I'm always on the go here as I live in a walkable urban area, and use mass transit often in and around NYC. So I'm always looking for great on the go solutions for lots of things, including my music. Size efficiency on the go is important. The Go Pods failed this test miserably, whereas the Shure TW2 passed. I'm not the only one who lives in urban environments that wants to lug around as least as possible with a certain performance to size ratio. Perhaps you think my experience, which is quite common (lots of us live in walkable cities), is not relevant?

I'm not trying to argue, you are the one saying who gives a crap about a case like it should apply to all. I said that's just fine if you or others don't care, but some people do. I'm just saying some people care about things like portability, and because I'm giving a different point of view, you are calling me argumentative.

p.s. the senn MTW are correctly criticized for the case size, so this is nothing new. Why should the go pods be immune to the same criticism?
Okay here goes:

1. Bud size - Push
2. Bud performance for music - Go Pods
3. Transparency/Call Quality - Shure
4. Comfort - subjective - Go Pods
5. Case - Shure
6. Software - Shure

The big one for me is the Shure are underpowered and because of that, it's a bit of a deal breaker. That's why I can overlook the case and other features.

Apr 16, 2024 at 1:40 PM Post #61,917 of 62,675
Okay here goes:

1. Bud size - Push
2. Bud performance for music - Go Pods
3. Transparency/Call Quality - Shure
4. Comfort - subjective - Go Pods
5. Case - Shure
6. Software - Shure

The big one for me is the Shure are underpowered and because of that, it's a bit of a deal breaker. That's why I can overlook the case and other features.

I agree with just about all of that, except I found the comfort of the Shure to be better, but as you say that is subjective. The go pod 'cable' part is a bit short and stiff for some, which gave myself and some others issues with longer term comfort. The Shure are definitely less powered, but with a few of the bud settings in the app, they were good for the buds I used and have plenty of headroom with the Bonneville, which is what I use mainly with them, though I may sell those actually. Depends on your IEM's of choice.

edit: also the big thing for the Go Pods is they work better with 2 pin IEM which are a ton of IEM, vs having to use an adapter with the Shure.

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2024 at 1:56 PM Post #61,918 of 62,675
Back to my original question then... Anyone heard anything about TW3's? I like their form factor but they decrease good IEMs technicalities a bit. I wonder if it's just down to codecs they provide.
I think this is a pretty niche product so if I were a betting man, I'd bet that Shure has no reason right now to update them

Apr 16, 2024 at 2:17 PM Post #61,919 of 62,675
I think this is a pretty niche product so if I were a betting man, I'd bet that Shure has no reason right now to update them

Unfortunately I think this is exactly it. Going to have to wait for FiiO's long delayed update to their TWS solution probably for the next viable product in this category.

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2024 at 2:51 PM Post #61,920 of 62,675
So I still have unpacked ZX1's waiting to be sold (UK/EU, previous, almost buyer was mental) and I'm developing an itch to try them out. Not expecting much as I've been recently using TW2's with kilobuck IEM's but still...

Anyone heard any news about TW3's? I appreciate Ifi go pods but they seem (edit: based on photos) bulky compared to Shure's solution.
Don't tempt me Satan
I will. The iFi Go Pods adapters are in no way bulky. The case is. But I’m able to put my Hype 4 on the adapters in the case along with the IE600 on the mmcx arms in the case as well. Closes just fine. Love it!

Attachments

• IMG_9059.jpeg
    IMG_9059.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9060.jpeg
    IMG_9060.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back