go-vibe questions
Feb 1, 2006 at 2:56 AM Post #31 of 57
I want my Go Vibe back.
frown.gif
sorry it was in such a sucky context here, but Norm, I really value all your great work and service over the years, from the Plainviews to the Go Vibe to just the general awesomeness you added to the forum. Now that you aren't a manufacturer anymore, feel free to dive into the boards and speak your mind about everything and rip a few holes into folks!
evil_smiley.gif

Feb 1, 2006 at 2:57 AM Post #32 of 57
Norm, your V3 was my first foray into the world of headphone amps. I am truly a satisfied customer and think your work was top notch. The quality of the workmanship and the sheer pleasure I get when listening to the V3 is beyond my expectations. I really wish you the best and if you do decide to come back to this hobby, I certainly hope our paths cross again. Great doing business with you, Norm.

Cheers,
-Vik

Feb 1, 2006 at 4:09 AM Post #33 of 57
Another person here offering thanks to Norm for getting me started on this crazy hobby. When I sold my Classic, the PM's were flying, so many people were interested. And I still use my Mint Vibe every day at work. I had many questions for you Norm when I first started, and you answered them quickly and informatively (did I just make up a word?). But I understand you getting out. Sounds like you had enough work for 3 people, but still had all the obligations of your regular life. So now maybe you can sit back occasionally and actually listen to some music on your own rig. I hope it sounds as good to you as it does to us when we use your amps.

Thanks!
Mike

Feb 1, 2006 at 4:31 AM Post #34 of 57
I bought a V4 (first headamp for me and my son) a few weeks ago, and am most impressed by the quality of the build and parts selection.......not to mention that it sounds incredible for the money, on both HD-600's and MS-1's.

Norm graciously answered many questions and, at least in my case, actively solicited feedback about how the opamps I ordered (8620 and 8397) matched up with our phones and music preferences.

What I can say is this.......I've known some folks who've left what they thought was a boring job to pursue the extension of a hobby into a business, and then saw it become nothing more than pain. To see your passion turn into a major disappointment, for whatever reason, can make you regret that you ever got involved in the hobby, ever.

So best of luck, Norm!

IMHO, everyone needs to remember, this hobby should be more about music, and less about the gear.....or politics.

Feb 1, 2006 at 5:37 AM Post #35 of 57
I really have to compliment Norm fopr being such a nice gentleman, He sold me one of the last Home-Vibes and I love my tiny amp very much. Also, he spend probably weeks answering my emails about everything and he was always very nice. I wish him the best and I am pretty sure he has made a indeleble (sp?) mark in the headphone amp market, showing us that something unexpensive can perform like the most expensive. Dios bendiga a Norm.
biggrin.gif

Feb 1, 2006 at 7:08 AM Post #36 of 57
ooh no!!!

I just sold a v3 with 8620. That little thing sounded AMAZING!!! I was thinking of upgrading to a v4 someday but now...

This is the worst news...

I wish Norm the best!

Feb 1, 2006 at 7:14 AM Post #37 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by Seufari
ooh no!!!

I just sold a v3 with 8620. That little thing sounded AMAZING!!!

Agreed. I recently got a maxed-out Pimeta, and was about to sell it because it had very little improvement on the go-vibe (both using the same opamps)... only the bass was better, and it seemed less transparent. It was only when I popped a dual OPA627 into the Pimeta that it became a keeper
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 1, 2006 at 7:21 AM Post #38 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by sejarzo

Norm graciously answered many questions and, at least in my case, actively solicited feedback about how the opamps I ordered (8620 and 8397) matched up with our phones and music preferences.

you can opamp roll with 8397 now?
confused.gif

Feb 1, 2006 at 7:27 AM Post #39 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by Arnoldhasmail
I'm having a similiar problem with Norm. I'm a repeat customer and after a week of emails I still can't get basic answers on opamps...or anything else. Short answers...not answering my questions...sending me to other companys to buy wall warts and opamps...why doesn't HE go buy more of them...If you offer it on your site...keep it in stock.

Seems like he doesn't care or want to be bothered...he should just wrap it up if he doesn't want to be in business.

It seems like there is more demand then these little companys can handle but not enough to get the big guys involved...yet...

He can keep his amp...

Be careful what you wish for....you just might get it.

Feb 1, 2006 at 11:20 AM Post #40 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by fewtch
I wanted to add this -- if it hadn't been for Norm selling high quality amps at such an inexpensive price (headamps were generally less common and pricier in 2003 when I joined here than they are now) I may never have taken the first step in getting an amp in the first place, getting the resulting good sound and then continuing with the hobby. In other words, I owe a portion of my involvement in this hobby to Norm.

Thanks Norm, for everything you've done for the hobby, for me and for all of us here on the budget end of things. You're leaving more of a void than you may suspect, but hopefully as you say it will be filled.

this is the same for me, if the Vibe was never made I may have never got into headphone amps..... dont do it Norm we need great amps at great prices. With great built quality and great sound..... I need a V4 before it's too late !!!!!

Feb 1, 2006 at 4:19 PM Post #41 of 57
Wow! I did not mean to cause a stir.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fewtch
Since that's most likely the problem, why don't you give Norm (and anyone else having these problems) a break?

I did not mean to upset anyone; I apologize if I did. I was just looking for help in finding out what was going on.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tigger
Well I think it's time to end the speculation once and for all.
First of all, it is true. The go-vibe V4 is almost sold out and about to be discontinued. It's too bad that such hostility has developed in this thread. This is after all a hobby, not politics!

Norm, I am especially sorry if I have insulted you. Please believe me when I say it was not my intention. I was hoping that someone on this board who knows you would be able to shed some light on what was going on with go-vibe.

I sincerely wish the best of luck to you Norm, in all of your future endeavors.

-still "saddened by this outcome" non owner

Feb 1, 2006 at 4:28 PM Post #43 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Allen
I emailed norm. The v4 is officialy sold out! Damn!

crap !!!
frown.gif

Feb 2, 2006 at 4:00 PM Post #44 of 57
I'm glad I didn't waste any time ordering the V4. It was an early birthday present, and I considered waiting with ordering it. Glad I didn't.
biggrin.gif

I just want to say that Norm offered excellent an product and customer service. There we're more than a couple of e-mails exchanged. Most of them were answered within 30 minutes. I especially had quite a few questions about the power supply, mainly because I didn't want to pay €40 for a power supply to go with an €80 amp. Norm checked the specifications of several other suggestions I did, and was quick to answer all my questions. I actually bought an even different power supply after that, but that's not the point...
rolleyes.gif

He shipped my product on a monday, the day after he received the money, and the amp was here on thursday. That's pretty quick I think, as it had to go from Canada to Holland.

Too bad it had to end. I'm a happy customer anyway..

Feb 2, 2006 at 10:15 PM Post #45 of 57
As I mentioned earlier, I enjoyed my Mk3 enough to order a Mk4 (the sigh was a reflection on the state of my wallet).

I haven't received it yet, but I'm eagerly awaiting it. It is a shame, but that is because I am selfish. A great product, with a knowledgeble sales staff--which had a direct line to tech support mind you -- what more could a newb want?

Norm, good luck and G-d bless. I, and my ears, thank you
basshead.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back